• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU: Remastered pre-orders "looking strong"; getting extensive marketing campaign

Majanew

Banned
cFh0oT5.png

LOL!

Sony and the damn "soon" nonsense.

If anyone doubts that Remaster will not have significantly better IQ than this...
[snip]

... then they are in for a rude awakening. Yes, TLOU was technical masterpiece on PS3, but that still does not mean that there was no room left for great improvement. PS4 will be able to provide significantly better IQ, and that's not even counting better models or 60fps rendering.

Better models? Were they touched up? Or just the better look to them thanks to 1080p? That comparison pic in TLOU thread used old PS3 footage and not PS3's final output.

Delt31

For better or worse I'm slowly playing this for the first time on PS3.

I would much rather play the PS4 version but not even close to enough to get a PS4.

Thankfully the story is pretty good. Gameplay is meh. Enjoyable enough.

TLOU in a nutshell - great story, gameplay is meh.

AdanVC

So, the main attractive on this remastered version is the 1080p graphics at 60fps yet we still haven't seen actual screenshots or a proper/lenghty trailer of it... mmmh.

Salex_

TLOU in a nutshell - great story, gameplay is meh.

Can you explain why the gameplay is "meh"? I've asked this question numerous of times and no one ever answers my question. I've seen a lot of comments about people who replayed it multiple of times and the multiplayer has gotten so many positive impressions. I don't see how the gameplay can be "meh" if multiplayer is great and player are replaying the single player.

I'm thinking about getting this so I have another game to cycle around Guilty Gear Xrd and Hearthstone. If it would great if I can finally understand what people mean when they say those kind of comments.

-griffy-

Banned
LOL!
Better models? Were they touched up? Or just the better look to them thanks to 1080p? That comparison pic in TLOU thread used old PS3 footage and not PS3's final output.

The gameplay models on PS3 were lower quality than the pre-rendered cutscene models. The PS4 version will use the higher quality cutscene models for gameplay as well.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Can you explain why the gameplay is "meh"? I've asked this question numerous of times and no one ever answers my question. I've seen a lot of comments about people who replayed it multiple of times and the multiplayer has gotten so many positive impressions. I don't see how the gameplay can be "meh" if multiplayer is great and player are replaying the single player.

I'm thinking about getting this so I have another game to cycle around Guilty Gear Xrd and Hearthstone. If it would great if I can finally understand what people mean when they say those kind of comments.

they don't know what they're talking about. this will compliment a fighter & ccg perfectly. you buy now.

No, they could promote Ellie and not Joel.

I could be completely mistaken but I imagine the Joel marketing being because
they don't want to spoil that Ellie is playable later in the game.
For me at least that was fairly surprising to me from what I remember of my first playthrough.

I always try to avoid spoilers for story games though so it may have been common knowledge too.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Well, that sounds awesome, but they should show the improvements already. The game is out in 19 days. Doesn't come across as confidence in your game when it's still hidden.
How does your perception of the confidence in their game change now that I tell you that they send the game out to enthusiasts sites a few days ago.

a916

Well, that sounds awesome, but they should show the improvements already. The game is out in 19 days. Doesn't come across as confidence in your game when it's still hidden.

The review embargo didn't lift until midnight on the eve of release... wasn't a sign of doubt on their part.

I don't mind remakes at all (GoW 1/2 hd was fantastic as a new ps3 owner), but its kind of disheartening that this is the highlight as far as exclusive heavy hitters go for the rest of the year.

Majanew

Banned
How does your perception of the confidence in their game change now that I tell you that they send the game out to enthusiasts sites a few days ago.

Of course they're sending out copies of the game, it's about to release. Just effin' show it. Now. Not tomorrow. Not later. Not soon. Now. Right. Fucking. Now. I wanna sees it, man! I didn't have a PS3 when this released last year and I want to play it, and I want to see it! Stop torturing already.

Of course they're sending out copies of the game, it's about to release. Just effin' show it. Now. Not tomorrow. Not later. Not soon. Now. Right. Fucking. Now. I wanna sees it, man! I didn't have a PS3 when this released last year and I want to play it, and I want to see it! Stop torturing already.

*backs away slowly*

benny_a

How is this far in advance a given? You wanted to discuss confidence in their game as a metric. This is an additional parameter and this early is certainly not normal.

sweet which sites can we expect some previews?
Why would they preview a game that was released last year? Pro-tip, if you want to know what The Last of Us is I can recommend about 20 full playthroughs available on YouTube.

@Wreck

How is this far in advance a given? You wanted to discuss confidence in their game as a metric. This is an additional parameter and this early is certainly not normal.

Why would they preview a game that was released last year? Pro-tip, if you want to know what The Last of Us is I can recommend about 20 full playthroughs available on YouTube.

I see your point about content preview sorry i was not more specific.

the only thing i'd like to see a preview about is the IQ /game play bump from ps3 to ps4

If you're not a PC or Xbox One owner, no way can August be a wasteland.

Full Title
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Metro Redux
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Digital
Hohokum
inFamous: First Light
Minecraft
Road Not Taken
The Swapper

You forgot Tales of Xillia 2 :)

Ted

Can you explain why the gameplay is "meh"? I've asked this question numerous of times and no one ever answers my question.

For me (with my tastes) the gameplay is far better than "meh" but in all honesty has a few too many "meh" forced walking, plank moving, pallet pushing sections so if the story doesn't tickle you then some parts are a little trying.

The gun and melee play as well as player movement and the cover system are bloody good though in my view. It's a massive step forward from Uncharted definitely. Getting hit feels raw and brutal and making hits on others even more so.

I played through about 40% of the story before starting the MP and didn't end up going back to SP until after I'd played through both Hunter and Firefly journey in MP!

Read into that what you will. :)

benny_a

the only thing i'd like to see a preview about is the IQ /game play bump from ps3 to ps4
I'd personally wait for the Digital Foundry Face-Off. Given that the game was sent out so early they probably have that comparison up early as well. (Depending on whatever embargo is set by Sony.)

JB1981

Seems to me that ND had to work on this game to the 11th hour. Maybe they are behind schedule and that's the reason for the lack of media footage.

I'm trying hard to remember but honestly I can't think of another game where upping the difficulty changes how you play as much as TLOU. It actually makes you WANT to play the game again on a harder setting.

Delt31

I'm speaking about single player only as I really tried to stay with this game but it was a struggle right to the end as the gameplay was so repetitive and not very interesting. I know that people out there think this is the best game in the world and they will point out that there are so many ways to kill the monsters, etc but at the end of the day all you're doing is stealth killing these creatures (how many times can I throw a damn brick, bottle, fill in the blank item and then run to beat the enemy over the head) and if you stripped away everything else but literally just the gameplay, I think you would have a much weaker game on your hands. That being said, games aren't evaluated on gameplay alone which is why I still think this game is great but when people say presentation great, gameplay even better, I have no idea what game they're playing.

I actually might pick up this remastered version just to try out the MP, which I didn't do on my first play through as i quickly sold it on ebay after being so burned out by the gameplay. Since MP should remove some of the concerns I have with it (as you're fighting real people), I might need to give it a try as I really did love a lot about this game. Def not paying 50 for it though. Wait until it's 30 which will likely be in a few months - def black friday deal.

It's out to reviewers 20 days before release?

I thought that thread said it went gold was actually false, and that it was about to go into QA. I wouldn't be surprised if they were still adding final touches right now.

It was a gold candidate submitted for QA, so yeah it wasn't *officially* gold but it means they aren't adding anything else to it. You can't keep working on it while it's in QA.

Top Bottom