• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU team originally working on a new Jak and Daxter

cebri.one

jak1.jpg

jak2.jpg

Neil Druckman confirmed it at IGDA Toronto.

The full Keynote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le6qIz7MjSk

Edit: Lock if old

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And so they made a good game instead.

Skeff

oooo, I wonder if it got offloaded to another studio? Nice to see there's a chance it can come back.

Pleased we got TLoU though.

jwk94

Didn't they talk about this a few months ago? I believe their reasoning for not continuing was because they didn't want to make a Jak and Daxter game that didn't feel like Jak and Daxter so they decided to go with The Last of Us instead.

Glix

Seems like the kind of drive by nonsense that is frowned upon?

The original Jak and Daxter was a great game. I was pretty nonplussed with the direction they went in after that but I would love a new game more in the vein of the first.

Reckoner

He had already said that on the Last of Us making of documentary, but I don't remember them showing art or something like that

I've heard about this stories before, thinking how horrible idea they have to make it more realistic. but after seeing that concept art, it actually is not as bad as I imagined, sure that is totally not daxter and I can't imagine Daxter voice coming out of that character from concept art, but as a new reboot or new IP, I think it's a pretty cool looking design.

Gorillaz

Yea I remember them saying after they finished Uncharted 2 they were thinking Jak 4 until they realized it would have been too dark and the models weren't right.

potam

Banned
damnit, thought the title read: "TLOU team working on a new Jak and Daxter"

I was so hype :(

I think it's safe to assume that no one really wants a realistic/grim Jak and Dexter.

yeah, wtf is with that Daxter concept art?

Stimpack

Well that's rather disappointing.

*edit* Wait, I read that wrong, I mean that was the best news possible, really.

ButchCat

So this was a reboot of some kind with a more series tone, I'm glad they didn't head in that direction, this would've caused a major outcry.

KorrZ

I'm glad they made TLOU instead. Jak and Daxter had it's place and I really don't think it needs to return.

clFKEpG.gif

How dare you. J&D is a fantastic series.

Anyway, bummed out by this news but I think we got a decent trade off in TLoU. I hope they haven't abandoned all plans to work on a J&D game, would be great if one was released on PS4 at some point.

it could totally work as new IP imo... I think it looks cool, sure it's not Daxter, but it could work guys, we could have had another fantasy 3d platformer again.

If that's seriously the kind of direction they were going with it, maybe it's better if they don't make another one. :/

That concept art combined with the interview about a new J&D game being semi-realistic and grim makes me glad they've moved on. Bit of a shame, as Jak's artstyle is perfect for a current/next-gen game imo

This is old news. This is the project I was talking about in that thread a few weeks ago, the thou teamwork as trying to make it into a gritty realistic reboot and they gave up when they realized it couldn't work,

Hixx

Yeah that Daxter art is making me think this not happening was a very good thing. Also TLoU is amazing, so...

But I do want more Jak. Just... not this realistic shit that they were wanting to do. Wtf.

Top Bottom