• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU2 Haters and Detractors are review-bombing Metacritic. The Salt rises!

UPDATE Edit:

Lol5.jpg

gjge2-crop-north.jpg

===============================================================================================================================

Reminder not to post spoilers in here or any thread outside of the spoiler thread. -Mod

The triggering continues as TLOU2 releases today. A mob of children has taken their anger and moral purity to Metacritic to make sure an example is made of TLOU2. As we watch the salt pour from every single keystroke we're reminded of the fragility of their egos. Snowflaking has never been this good. Here is to enjoying the tears when the reviews eventually get taken down.

Salt.jpg

The prophet has foreseen it.

image0.png

The meticulous planning.

7FvMxxm.png

Last edited:
Does anyone honestly care about user scores? I mean, I don't give a shit about "professional" game reviewers opinions either but I wouldn't even give a quick glance over a review written by a random person on the internet.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
These people finished a 25+ hour game already on its release date lol🤦‍♂️ review bombing is pathetic
0WfkHBp.jpg

Last edited:

imsosleepy

oh dam, someone actually posted that on the last of us reddit. Is that actually how many of them feel for the game? I spoke to some reviewers who played the game and who dont even score games. They just give their thoughts. They absolutely loved it apart from some gameplay issues they had. The game is a masterpiece in their eyes. But geezus, so much shit this game gets because of those leaks. Feel bad for the dev team :/

It's impossible any of them played enough of the game for their score to be legit since the game is longer than one full day to beat. Not that anyone believed these scores were based on actual playtime. Someone tried to compare this to Steam review bombing but on Steam you actually need to own the game.

Ohh for sure they haven't played crap. I'm 4 hours or so in since midnight release. I probably won't even finish it by Monday.

TheContact

-The main character is openly gay

In woke culture wouldn't that mean automatic 100 on metacritic? Plus wasn't she openly gay in the first one? I haven't played any of the games.

Questionable writing. Characters not acting in believable ways. Constant misery and violence for no good reason. It's pretty easy to not like the game.

Ty.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Can someone explain to me why people are hating TLOU2 without spoiling it?

For most storytelling issues that irk too much. And considering its solely single-player and story focused that is a deal-breaker for several people (including me). There's a few that criticize other aspects, but that's overblown. Has decent gameplay for what it is, looks and sounds great. Still, I'm not interested in it, because I lose all motivation once I hit something that actively annoys me.

The whole things aggravated by the 10/10 scores, and here we are.

Stuart360

The only times you can trust 'user' reviews is if A. The game is multiplatform (taking away the platform of choice factor). B. The game isnt a rival game to another popular series. C. The game has no SJW agenda shite, or politics forced into the game.
Unfortunately that rules out most games these days lol.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Haters and fan boys will cancel each other out eventually.

There is no review bombing system check in place?

There is. Metacritic already deleted 1000's of 0/0 and 10/10 reviews by bots. That includes written reviews. I've seen the numbers go up and down dramatically. (But the average barely changed from it)

Last edited:
Top Bottom