• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU2 Haters and Detractors are review-bombing Metacritic. The Salt rises!

Deto

Banned
96 Metacritic and seeling extremely well, even outpacing Animal Crossing. The extra publicity this movement of people trying to review bomb the game, is actually probably just helping it.

Ironically, the last game that a massive push to review bomb its Metacritic user score was Animal Crossing New Horizons. These people are just bringing more attention to the game they want to hate on.

The most bizarre thing about the guy who didn't like last of us 2 is exactly the profile of the guy who didn't like the last of us 1.
To like last of us you have to be human, not an internet lunatic 4ever alone incel.
Not everyone who didn't like it is an internet incel lunatic, but all the failed and frustrated internet incel lunatic and 4ever alone didn't like the game.

And already advance.

As soon as the news of 10M or more in sales comes out, metacritic will clear the "review-bombing".

Do you know why only after the announcement of sales?
to make fun of the idiots who did this.

"they spent work doing fakes, it didn’t help and we deleted everything in 30s"

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
There's pretty much no way to make a vacine for fungal infections, I dont think it's ever been done.

Somehow these geniuses were totally going to do it if they just got to kill Ellie.

I don't care what the doctors believed in, they were wrong, so it's hard for me to take comments like "Joel domed millions!" seriously.

That's the way they were written and you're telling me they were wrong. What matters if that's how the score was created, not your personal feelings.

You guys are trying way too hard.

RedVIper

Banned
I get that seeing as you've been BTFO you're now acting like a retard but let's not forget what your original, very wrong, point was:

So now that you've had the game explained to you, you now understand why they don't need her alive, they need her brain outside of her body (I'll explain a little detail here to you because I'm sure, judging from your level of intellect, you might not know this; people can't be alive and have their brain outside of their body at the same time).

Your welcome.

I'm sorry but if you're just too dumb to understand something when you've had it directly explained to you already then that's that. I'd suggest you go back to eating crayons.

You know, they could try to do tests that didn't require killing the only immune person they have.

But hey, you can keep justifying their retarded plan with those petty insults of yours.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I get that seeing as you've been BTFO you're now acting like a retard but let's not forget what your original, very wrong, point was:

So now that you've had the game explained to you, you now understand why they don't need her alive, they need her brain outside of her body (I'll explain a little detail here to you because I'm sure, judging from your level of intellect, you might not know this; people can't be alive and have their brain outside of their body at the same time).

Your welcome.

I'm sorry but if you're just too dumb to understand something when you've had it directly explained to you already then that's that. I'd suggest you go back to eating crayons.

Pull back on the condescending insults when making your points.

This goes for everyone as well, stop taking other's opinions about works of fiction so personal. I get that we are all passionate gamers, hence why we are, but we can all have a discussion on the context and perspectives without all of the thread diving theatrics.

Thank you.

You know, they could try to do tests that didn't require killing the only immune person they have.

But hey, you can keep justifying their retarded plan with those petty insults of yours.
If the source of her immunity was in her brain then it probably would be pretty hard to find a solution that didn't involve her dying. Especially with the resources and personnel they would have post-apocalypse. but you're not even talking about doing a complex procedure that existed prior to the apocalypse you're talking about doing something brand new. and what's especially weird about your arguments is you were arguing for realism earlier what could be more realistic than the idea that this was going to kill her.

Dibils2k

96 Metacritic and seeling extremely well, even outpacing Animal Crossing. The extra publicity this movement of people trying to review bomb the game, is actually probably just helping it.

Ironically, the last game that a massive push to review bomb its Metacritic user score was Animal Crossing New Horizons. These people are just bringing more attention to the game they want to hate on.
its 95 metacritic

RedVIper

Banned
If the source of her immunity was in her brain then it probably would be pretty hard to find a solution that didn't involve her dying. Especially with the resources and personnel they would have post-apocalypse. but you're not even talking about doing a complex procedure that existed prior to the apocalypse you're talking about doing something brand new. and what's especially weird about your arguments is you were arguing for realism earlier what could be more realistic than the idea that this was going to kill her.

But they should at least try. You don't start with the fatal procedure before exhausting other options.

" you're not even talking about doing a complex procedure that existed prior to the apocalypse you're talking about doing something brand new"

No idea what you're talking about here.

My point earlier was that they wouldn't be able to make a vacine even if they did kill her.

lachesis

That exactly why the original's choice was so arbitrary and narrow - not giving any choice to the players but black and white, or a massive plot hole.
But the issue is there to make people question the two. One for all vs all for one - which, actually was introduced very late stage of the game as a plot twister. Hope they took little more time developing that dilemma in retrospect. In a way It's not much different people asking divisive questions these days with simple yes or no question with no middle ground - like "Do you support gender equality" or "Do you support BLM" - and I don't like those kind of trap questions, that are meant to divide people.

But they should at least try. You don't start with the fatal procedure before exhausting other options.

" you're not even talking about doing a complex procedure that existed prior to the apocalypse you're talking about doing something brand new"

No idea what you're talking about here.

My point earlier was that they wouldn't be able to make a vacine even if they did kill her.
Ancillary materials make it clear they had tested things on different people. The suggestion is not that they came to this decision willy-nilly. Like others have said you're basically rejecting the premise and creating your own headcanon. You weren't meeting the media on its level and then are surprised it doesn't follow up on the interpretation you forced on it.

RedVIper

Banned
Ancillary materials make it clear they had tested things on different people. The suggestion is not that they came to this decision willy-nilly. Like others have said you're basically rejecting the premise and creating your own headcanon. You weren't meeting the media on its level and then are surprised it doesn't follow up on the interpretation you forced on it.

Yeah they tested things on different people, that weren't immune. I feel like that last part might make a difference.

Yeah they tested things on different people, that weren't immune. I feel like that last part might make a difference.
Youre now at the point where you're only responding to portions of posts. These are pedantic justifications for the conclusion you came to. A conclusion the game did not intend you to come to and that's very clear.

RedVIper

Banned
Youre now at the point where you're only responding to portions of posts. These are pedantic justifications for the conclusion you came to. A conclusion the game did not intend you to come to and that's very clear.

The rest of your post was based on the fact that they tested things on some people. And since those tests weren't successful they decide to kill the only immune person that they know exists.

I'd call that a pretty willy nilly decision.

Yes, I do reject that Joel domed millions by refusing to give up Ellie.

The rest of your post was based on the fact that they tested things on some people. And since those tests weren't successful they decide to kill the only immune person that they know exists.

I'd call that a pretty willy nilly decision.

Yes, I do reject that Joel domed millions by refusing to give up Ellie.
No it wasn't the rest of the post was about your flawed interpretation of the media.

You know what though this is all besides the point. Joel didn't have any reason to doubt them Joel wasn't thinking the things you were thinking Joel didn't save Ellie because he thought they were wrong about her saving the world Joel save deli because he loves her and she meant more to him than the world

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like Sony sent out a memo to all divisions to uptick the LoU2 score.

It's now 3.7/10 out of 44,000 user reviews. It started as 3.3/10 after about 10,000 reviews. Which means (getting out MS Excel), the past 34,000 scores have an average of 3.8/10. So not much better than the first 10,000.

In order to get an 8/10 rating, the next 100,000 reviews have to be a 10/10. To match critics at 9.5/10, the next 500,000 user scores have to be 10/10.

RedVIper

Banned
Looks like Sony sent out a memo to all divisions to uptick the LoU2 score.

It's now 3.7/10 out of 44,000 user reviews. It started as 3.3/10 after about 10,000 reviews. Which means (getting out MS Excel), the past 34,000 scores have an average of 3.8/10. So not much better than the first 10,000.

In order to get an 8/10 rating, the next 100,000 reviews have to be a 10/10. To match critics at 9.5/10, the next 500,000 user scores have to be 10/10.

The low scores will just get removed until the correct score is reached.

Vawn

Banned
I imagine how all these 0s will deal with the record breaking sales :pie_thinking:

Maybe they can create negative sales.

I love that it is tearing people up to the point where they're review bombing a game, which only brings more attention to the game and drives the sales up even higher.

Case and point below. I love it.

Last edited:

GreenAlien

SPOILERS about the game inside

But has some interesting points in it.
About the "Why" of review bombing. About aesthetics.

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
I agree with your point in no mans sky to my knowledge no snowflake behaviour there

I agree that it could be people who are disappointed. But we’ve had a bunch of mediocre sequels over time. Only the ones that have large campaigns from triggered conservatives have this disparity between critics and users.

Triggered conservatives is often just used to excuse that a game or a movie is not very good and used to brush of poor user reviews.
It is like one can always brush of critical twitter posts as russian bots.

Many times the poor user scores are actually genuine users that are unhappy with a shit product and not an evil conservative campaign.

Cases in point:
NoMansSky. Today we can all agree that the game as launched was absolute shite. But now I do recall that the initial "review-bombing" was explained away that conservative homofobes were angry because one of the devs were lgbt. That was the reason the scores were so bad, homofobia. Not because the game was shit.

MassEffectAndromeda. Again I think we can all agree that the game was pretty shit and a huge let down from the earlier games.
Initial poor review scores were all explained away because conservative misogynists and homofobes were triggered. That is why the scores are bad. Not because the game was shit.

TheLastJedi. Poor review scores were not fans that were upset. No it was misogynist and racist conservatives that were triggered.
The movie is super good. It is just conservatives that are triggered. I think nowadays almost everyone agrees that the movie was pretty shit.

TheLastOfUs2: Poor reviews are because triggered conservatives. The story is nobel prize worthy.
Lets see how it is perceived in a years time when emotions have calmed down.

I.e. most of the time when people scream about "triggered conservatives" it turns out there were no triggered conservatives at all. It was just a shit product that made fans dissappointed.
Lets see how TLOU2 fares.

Last edited:
What's with this narrative not to derail the thread, but everyone agrees that the last Jedi was a bad movie because I don't agree with that and I have a lot of friends who really enjoyed it too. To bring this back to the thread I'm pretty sure the idea is to just be noisy for longer until it seems like you're the ones who are right. If you're loud enough for long enough people believe you're the majority it doesn't matter how well it did. I'd be sad if the same thing happens with The last of us 2 but the truth is the people who enjoy it have less of an emotional stake than the people who hate it so they're more likely to drop the argument and let the hatred be the only thing anyone hears. This is exacerbated by the fact that rise of Skywalker such a piece of crap making the last Jedi this weird good middle entry in a trilogy that isn't actually very good. Skywalker almost killed my need to defend it. But I really don't like the idea that most people agree it was bad. There's such a thing as a silent majority.

theclaw135

Banned
What's with this narrative not to derail the thread, but everyone agrees that the last Jedi was a bad movie because I don't agree with that and I have a lot of friends who really enjoyed it too. To bring this back to the thread I'm pretty sure the idea is to just be noisy for longer until it seems like you're the ones who are right. If you're loud enough for long enough people believe you're the majority it doesn't matter how well it did. I'd be sad if the same thing happens with The last of us 2 but the truth is the people who enjoy it have less of an emotional stake than the people who hate it so they're more likely to drop the argument and let the hatred be the only thing anyone hears. This is exacerbated by the fact that rise of Skywalker such a piece of crap making the last Jedi this weird good middle entry in a trilogy that isn't actually very good. Skywalker almost killed my need to defend it. But I really don't like the idea that most people agree it was bad. There's such a thing as a silent majority.

The irritating part of the last jedi is that what's not in the film damages it more than what is shown.

The irritating part of the last jedi is that what's not in the film damages it more than what is shown.
I don't really want to argue about the film I've had every argument that can be about the film's quality I more want to bring up the idea that it's a settled issue most people agree on. The idea of a set consensus how's it going wrong so many times in particular was Star wars think about how big a consensus there was that the prequels weren't good films and this was exacerbated by the plinkett reviews that became revered by all of YouTube the holy Grail of movie reviews on the site. only in the wake of the sequel trilogy now there is a newfound love for the prequels and people defending them and the consensus has changed once more. Or maybe it never changed and all that's changed is who's vocal. Whether people are actually changing their minds or whose loudest is changing the idea remains that being confident in a consensus especially when it comes to a successful well-reviewed film is probably not the best avenue to go down.

taizuke

Thank you for this. I too liked The Last Jedi and I'm definitely part of the silent majority.

Sw0pDiller

I'm about 7 hours into the game and man I'm loving it. The shootouts, traverse, the horror and story told and seen in the game is absolutely top notch. The attention to detail is fantastic. You're scared that another cutscenes will come by to give you another punch in the gut cuz this story unfolded with some mayor feelzzz and brutal action.

Unless this game crashes about every 5 min from now on this is a technical masterpiece with breathtaking scenery and use of physics.

Still loved God of war more though. I miss swinging that frostaxe around. Would like to see those clickers trying to mess up kratos instead of Ellie...

If you like story driven action, horror games you're loving this. No way it's a 0 but of course everybody knows that. Even the die hard ney sayers. You can tell by the stunning sales it's having. I actually finding it funny to see this sad bunch trying so hard to shout while most gamers just vote with their cash and buys the game. Those 40k reviewers are mostly the same nerds or Xbox fans riding the wave. While millions worldwide are playing and enjoying this well made game.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
I'd say that is a huge achievement to get someone that emotional in a video game. I can't wait to play more later today I'm around the 14 hour mark but I did a lot of exploring
Either you didn't read my post, or you didn't understand it.

I was responding to a tweet that said in order to appreciate TLOU2 you need to stop being emotional and be objective. I said this was a terrible take on the game. I then quoted the director of the game saying it was all about the emotions. I said, from that perspective, if a game that wants to be emotional requires you to stop being emotional just to find something to appreciate about it, then it's a unmitigated failure. It's subjective whether or not the game impacts you emotionally - the reactions are all over the page for this game - not objective. Hence, the tweet is a terrible take.

kebaldo

Triggered conservatives is often just used to excuse that a game or a movie is not very good and used to brush of poor user reviews.

Many times the poor user scores are actually genuine users that are unhappy with a shit product and not an evil conservative campaign.

Cases in point:
NoMansSky. Today we can all agree that the game as launched was absolute shite. But now I do recall that the initial "review-bombing" was explained away that conservative homofobes were angry because one of the devs were lgbt. That was the reason the scores were so bad, homofobia. Not because the game was shit.

MassEffectAndromeda. Again I think we can all agree that the game was pretty shit and a huge let down from the earlier games.
Initial poor review scores were all explained away because conservative misogynists and homofobes were triggered. That is why the scores are bad. Not because the game was shit.

TheLastJedi. Poor review scores were not fans that were upset. No it was misogynist and racist conservatives that were triggered.
The movie is super good. It is just conservatives that are triggered. I think nowadays almost everyone agrees that the movie was pretty shit.

TheLastOfUs2: Poor reviews are because triggered conservatives. The story is nobel prize worthy.

I.e. most of the time when people scream about "triggered conservatives" it turns out there were no triggered conservatives at all. It was just a shit product that made fans dissappointed.

The problem with what your saying is: at the launch of NoManSky, Andromeda, Anathem (I'm adding a plus lol) all the critics and the players where on the same line... Just bad games that felt unfinished and poor in quality... Tlou2 is not that, it's a techincal masterpiece, the story is amazingly solid, you can like it or not... but it remains a top quality script: example "Django Unchained"... you can dislike the story but it's objectively fucking well done. The music it's on another level. IA it's 10 years in the future... playing other stuff hurts after playing tlou2. With all this it's impossible to say it's a bad game, you can dislike it allot and say "I didn't enjoy it, I will give it 6/7 because I don't care about techincal staff" but less is impossible.
The funny part of all this is... 30/50k(more than half didn't even play it) people are hating on the game on Metacritic/twitter/forum but there are millions and millions that are deeply enjoying the game.
The game is a critical success (people can say how much they want "Sony bought all the reviews" but they are on the same level of hows saying "Nintendo games get high scores just because is Nintendo stuff"... basically bullshit), the game is a best seller (so after the tv series we well see probably a Part 3), and the game is loved by millions and millions that are actually playing the game and don't give a shit about drama on the internet lol
The last of Us 2 is a success on every point of view... haters are just trying hard to make it look like a disaster. I'm sorry man... Naughty Dog is up there on the same level as Rockstar and Valve, setting the bar every time.

Redlancet

Banned
The funny thing is that Cuckmann does both.

He goes in an edgy rampage of suvberting expectations while at the same time pandering so hard with his political agenda.

The problem is that the quality of the script and the characters are atrociously bad, they are good for Cuckmann because those characters make his SJW heart beat with joy, but anybody who doesn’t feel crazy joy at the mere existance of a little trans child in a videogame isn’t going to like this crappy pandering characters.

..cuckman..we have a winner here how old are u 15?

Redlancet

Banned
Let me ask you something (I hope I will not get banned :p), do you prefer to watch porn movies or sleep with real women? Totally different experience and it's the same with games. People who didnt played TLOU2 are like virgins complaining about sex with real woman.

thats a good question..i though the same of people who "plays games" looking at youtube videos

Redlancet

Banned
I stopped in "you dont need to play the game" no Thanks

Okay, that's alright.

Just remember, you're never allowed to have an opinion about a movie unless you watched in in the cinema.

Thats the same logic. Story is story, whether you watched it or played it.
[/QUOTE]

the thing is ..genius..we are talking about games here, the "i have seen the game on you tube so im a expert" camp its one of the sadest trends on gaming in the past years

BlackM1st

Banned
vHtaIfW.jpg

Oq8fBAK.jpg

Well, at least memes are amazing.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
About the people giving not only 0/10, but even an 8/10 is an extreme stretch for a negative opinion. What are they comparing it to? How many games are this high in standards? Those must be the COD/Fortnite hordes who are pretty much brainless. The story itself is a 10/10, wonderful perspectives giving you a wider, interesting view into one thing and another. Most people whine because they're not used to see heroes (if that's a thing) die, just like Hollywood's generic movies, and even games like Desmond Miles in Assassin's Creed. They'll keep bitching about it and if the dev is weak enough will make a prequel or a remake, or make some sorcery or trickery to undo the death of the main character.

It was refreshing, and pretty much thoughtful to make such story, not kill them all and beat your chest like a gorilla and all of them are just bad and fuck them all! Yes, it puts more care about lives inside their game, and makes you the judge. Not everything is black and white, just like in real life.

Last edited:

Cases in point:

Also the accusations of people not liking the game as homophobes or misogynists are nothing more than cheaply using LGBT people and women as shields against legitimate criticism.

Humdinger

It's silly, but I'm enjoying all the drama and conflict around this game. It's been a while since a game has stirred people up this much. That metacritic split looks like it will set a record (unless they erase thousands of zeros).

Top Bottom