• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Papa

Banned
This bitch...

Horrible thing to say, but I see a positive in this. Comments like this are what will destroy the intersectional ideology that is currently gripping Western media. It’s a political coalition of disparate minority groups led by feminists, but the latter are so neurotic they just can’t help themselves. In my observation, black American culture places its idols like Kobe Bryant at an almost godlike status. Attack them and you lose black culture. Lose black culture and your political coalition falls.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I don’t care when celebrities die, even ones I liked a lot.

Why? It has no personal effect on my life.

In a way it’s disrespectful to the actual celebrity who died to treat their death like some event where everyone comes out of the woodwork to express their sorrow, or their political opinions, or whatever else they want to use the dead person for.

Not to mention taking a crap on all the other people who died in the same incident, along with all the people who die every day. Are their lives worth any less?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

In a way it’s disrespectful to the actual celebrity who died to treat their death like some event where everyone comes out of the woodwork to express their sorrow, or their political opinions, or whatever else they want to use the dead person for.

Not to mention taking a crap on all the other people who died in the same incident, along with all the people who die every day. Are their lives worth any less?
Celebrities are often someone's personal hero, so their death can have a profound effect on them. It has nothing to do with "taking a crap" on those who happened to suffer the same fate.

Kobe's death may not mean much to you, and I can respect that, but with all due respect you're coming off as needlessly cold and callus to those saddened by this tragic news.

Airbus Jr

Banned

Dude seriously?

I always with you everytime until this post

Ma man im very dissapointed with you right now

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Celebrities are often someone's personal hero, so their death can have a profound effect on them. It has nothing to do with "taking a crap" on those who happened to suffer the same fate.

Kobe's death may not mean much to you, and I can respect that, but with all due respect you're coming off as needlessly cold and callus to those saddened by this tragic news.
I respect that but I feel what I expressed has to be said, and I stand behind it 100%.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I respect that but I feel what I expressed has to be said, and I stand behind it 100%.

Are you trying to make some sort of mockery towards people that shows gratitude and condolence to Kobe Bryant and everyone that died on that crash?

Last edited:

GreyHorace

He was never my favorite ball player, but I'll not deny what a true talent he was. Kobe was a once in a lifetime player in the same vein as Lebron, Durant and even his idol, Jordan. Such a tragedy that his daughter died with him in the crash.

Also, to all those pieces of shit who bring up his past rape case, fuck off. Whether or not he was guilty (as far as I know the charges were dropped), to use the man's death to signal your virtue is pretty goddamn despicable. There's a time and place for that. Choose well or be percieved as an insensitive asshole.

gamerMan

This has me gutted. I know he's a celebrity but his dedication and work is what inspired people. He was talented but he played the game like he had no talent. If you are person who never stopped dreaming, he meant so much and inspired so many beyond basketball.

Now it is impossible for me to get through his essay Dear basketball without choking up.

But beyond what he did on the basketball field, he gave back to the community. Of course, he's not perfect and human but he will live on forever. The real gut punch for me is his sweet 13 year old daughter that wanted to carry the torch and play in the WNBA.

This bitch...

This tragedy reminds me what makes me hate the liberal media so much. Cnn did the same fucking thing

Love you Black Mamba. RIP.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Are you trying to make some sort of mockery towards people that shows gratitude and condolence to Kobe Bryant and everyone that died on that crash?
No. I wanted to draw attention to two points, which are applicable to the death of any beloved public figure.
  1. It’s a human being who died, and the value of every human life is equal, at least in the eyes of that person and those close to them.
  2. Many people, mostly those who make their living or otherwise derive personal gain from being in the spotlight, frequently capitalize on the immediate aftermath of a big celebrity’s death to further their own agendas.
I don’t see any problem with people who honestly want to publicly mourn a celebrity because he or she meant a lot to them personally, as long as there’s no agenda present.

DiscoJer

The whole point of the media is to bring up new stories about people when they die, not write a hagiography

He was fairly credibly accused of rape - read the police and medical reports - so it's worth reporting on now especially that people are acting like he was a saint and his death is the worst thing in the history of mankind.

Airbus Jr

Banned
No. I wanted to draw attention to two points, which are applicable to the death of any beloved public figure.
  1. It’s a human being who died, and the value of every human life is equal, at least in the eyes of that person and those close to them.
  2. Many people, mostly those who make their living or otherwise derive personal gain from being in the spotlight, frequently capitalize on the immediate aftermath of a big celebrity’s death to further their own agendas.
I don’t see any problem with people who honestly want to publicly mourn a celebrity because he or she meant a lot to them personally, as long as there’s no agenda present.

So your solution to this is just ignored it and pretend nothing ever happened?

If your son died tomorrow..maybe i can say something like this to your wife: " hey lets just put this in a bodybag and buried it in the backyard..hel be a good fertilizer for the crops...that should do it"

Should be no different then the goldfish who died on my fishtank last month

Thats how we should value lifes as equal as you wanted

Last edited:
Tower audio before the crash and a pilot's analysis in the thread comments.

It was very foggy. It's entirely possible the pilot had no idea he was too low and off course and just flew straight into the side of the mountain. This is what happened with that volcano tour plane in New Zealand not too long ago.

read about something on my feed that pissed me off. seems like some assholes on WeChat were shit talking about stuff like how they want to make sure Kobe is dead so they can put the money down on buying up his sneakers and flipping them for big bucks on the Chinese market. some were even saying things like "damn that n***** coulda at least give me a heads up so I can prepare and stock up" or "I already throw a lot of money down. even if he's not dead, I'm gona fly to the US and kill him." shit was making my blood boil and I had to take a moment and remind myself that not all of the folks over there are like that. that there are still lots of people condemning these shitheads, even in those threads/posts. but yeah, I had not been back there for years and with the virus and these kinda bullshit I am not in a hurry to return either.

oagboghi2

Shut up. That makes literally zero sense.

if you don't care, don't enter the thread.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
So your solution to this is just ignored it and pretend nothing ever happened?

If your son died tomorrow..maybe i can say something like this to your wife: " hey lets just put this in a bodybag and buried it in the backyard..hel be a good fertilizer for the crops...that should do it"

Should be no different then the goldfish who died on my fishtank last month

Thats how we should value lifes as equal
I’m not nearly as cold and callous as you want to categorize me with that post. I was trying to make what I feel is a valid and valuable point.

if you want to articulate your points in a more direct way without using those kind of metaphors I would be happy to think about what you have to say and adjust my thinking appropriately, if I feel it’s due.

BigAssBoy

Guessing she will lose her job after letting the N-word slip on air, although she says she unfortunately stuttered on air, combining the names of the Knicks and the Lakers to say ‘Nakers'.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
Guessing she will lose her job after letting the N-word slip on air, although she says she unfortunately stuttered on air, combining the names of the Knicks and the Lakers to say ‘Nakers'.

There's a stutter and then there's saying out lout what was on her mind

Papa

Banned
He was never my favorite ball player, but I'll not deny what a true talent he was. Kobe was a once in a lifetime player in the same vein as Lebron, Durant and even his idol, Jordan. Such a tragedy that his daughter died with him in the crash.

Also, to all those pieces of shit who bring up his past rape case, fuck off. Whether or not he was guilty (as far as I know the charges were dropped), to use the man's death to signal your virtue is pretty goddamn despicable. There's a time and place for that. Choose well or be percieved as an insensitive asshole.

I understand your perspective, but I say instead of telling them to fuck off, we encourage them. Show your narcissim, neuroticism, fervent zealotry, and complete and utter lack of tact to the world. Let everyday people associate your toxicity with intersectional feminism and crash the ideology into the ground where it belongs.

Papa

Banned
The whole point of the media is to bring up new stories about people when they die, not write a hagiography

He was fairly credibly accused of rape - read the police and medical reports - so it's worth reporting on now especially that people are acting like he was a saint and his death is the worst thing in the history of mankind.

Are we supposed to believe that you went over the police and medical reports with a fine-toothed comb and applied your expert judgment as a legal professional before declaring his guilt in this post?

Fuck off, narc.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Haxan7 is the kind of guy who enters Kobe Bryant accident thread and post something like " Well.. he wont be playing PS5 and Xbox Series X "

Last edited:

ROMhack

Was it a woman pilot?

Lets see if other places change the tune about him?

I also want to see how many people on RE take the side and sympathize for a known sexual predator, habitual cheater, and rapist. :messenger_weary:

Also EAT ThE RiCh !!!!11!!1 Right guys!?!?!?!?!?!? FuCK tHe WeaLtHy@!@@121@!@!!

What's going on in this post?

RIP.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

As humans we really don’t have the emotional capacity to mourn every single death of every single person. Nor the time of the day. So we kinda just mourn the people who meant something to us. Gave us joy, entertained us. Or even if people didn’t watch Kobe play, seeing a talented person and a young child deprived of more things they have yet to do is sad in itself.

Celebrities are mourned because they touch the lives of many where average everyday people don’t have nearly the same reach. It’s just the way it is.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are their lives worth any less?
Yes. They will get coverage while you and me will be lucky if we get an obituary mention in the newspapers nobody reads anymore. Also it is ok to just say RIP and move on as everybody else will within a week rather than come here and say I DON'T CARE IF DUDE IS DEAD. :)

Bigrx1

Banned
Sad news for everyone involved - one of the bigger celebrity deaths of my life especially having played ball myself a lot. Yelling "Kobe!" shooting a tough shot was the norm for a lot of years anywhere I played.

womfalcs3

Banned
Just saw that the Abotelli (sp?) family lost the father, the mother, and at least one daughter. If there are other siblings in this family, they must be devastated.

Bullet Club

jjE4HSi.jpg

thelastword

Banned
This one had me doing double takes, when I saw it, couldn't believe it......I was hoping this was fake when I first saw it on my phone, then I went on my PC and saw the articles all over the web......This is really tragic man, and also his daughter died too when they were just going to some training session...…..Kobe just had a new baby as well......I always like Kobe, like his style and skillset, such a great player who always had a smile......This one in particular was a bit hard to digest...…..Don't forget 9 people died in total.....These are very sad times for many families out there.....I wish them the best and my condolences....

Orpheum

Simply Awful. I wish his Family all the best during this dark period. RIP to the Altobelli family as well who leave behind 2 sons...Jesus Christ what a tragedy

Teslerum

What a fucking asshole. Didn’t she “change her mind” at the end and said he actually didn’t rape her?!

Reeee flu hitting this one up real hard. Fucking cunt

Also from everything revelead and from Kobe's own statement its clear no *hard rape* actually happened here and the only question is one of consent. And from what it sounds like its a case of "retracting consent after the fact". So its the new definition of *rape*.

The worst you can actually give him is that he's cheated. Which is still pretty bad, but thats between him and his wife and they worked through it.
Makes this all the more sadder.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
I don't have any kind of attachment to Kobe, but I know he's a big deal and I've known his name since forever.

This is a tragic accident and anyone who disrespects it is a sore cunt.

He died with his daughter and that's fucking heartbreaking to me as a parent. This is why I started to hate and avoid politics as much as possible and just live my life. Morons try to politicize everything and make everything about shaming people. I don't know if he's innocent or not, it doesn't matter, a dad and his daughter have died together and that's fucking horrible and anyone who has schadenfreude over something like this is a monster.

RIP Kobe.

I will be very interested to hear what the cause of the crash was. Was it the weather? Was it pilot error? This whole thing is very upsetting and I want someone/something to blame TBH.
Its hard for me to grasp how those victims went from seemingly having everything, to having nothing, in the blink of an eye.
I saw a comment somewhere about how Kobe seemed to have real life "plot armor" and I agree with that person 100%. He always seemed so confident, powerful and in control. Its such a punch in the face for life to demonstrate in this manner, that that doesnt exist.
I havent been this shocked about a famous death, since Princess Diana - almost a quarter of a century ago.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I will be very interested to hear what the cause of the crash was. Was it the weather? Was it pilot error?
Who knows, but the first thing I thought when I saw the crash site was “damn, that’s pretty foggy”. I’d be shocked if that wasn’t the cause.

Top Bottom