• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Dude seriously?

I always with you everytime until this post

Ma man im very dissapointed with you right now

Are you trying to make some sort of mockery towards people that shows gratitude and condolence to Kobe Bryant and everyone that died on that crash?

Haxan7 is the kind of guy who enters Kobe Bryant accident thread and post something like " Well.. he wont be playing PS5 and Xbox Series X "

Crap such as this has always sat wrong with me. You're willing to attack and question Haxan's integrity all because he isn't wearing a Kobe jersey and crying his eyes out at the Staples Center?

People have the right to be as cold, dickish and nonchalant regarding a person's death as they see fit. Being offended or not liking it doesn't work anymore.

Fuck out of here with that shit.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Crap such as this has always sat wrong with me. You're willing to attack and question Haxan's integrity all because he isn't wearing a Kobe jersey and crying his eyes out at the Staples Center?

People have the right to be as cold, dickish and nonchalant regarding a person's death as they see fit. Being offended or not liking it doesn't work anymore.

Fuck out of here with that shit.

oh my god are you for real man? The words you just said...im totally lost...wheres your sense of humanity?

So im the one being harsh right now?

Imagine someone comes to your daughter/son/someone important to you funeral and says something like this to you : " hey people enough with your stupid overeaction..lets not give a shit about this fella cos people dying everyday. Just dig deep enough and throw the rest of it and be done with it asap cos i aint got all day here"

How do you feel about that?

Jesus even on thread like this where people should embrace and express condolence theres always someone throwing excuses to be an ass...some of you guys are totally unreal...even a cold blooded mexican cartel can show a better gratitude and compassion to someones death over some neogaf posters..

Last edited:
Oh so im the one being harsh right now?

Imagine someone comes to your daughter/son/someone important to you funeral and says something like this to you : " hey people enough with your stupid overeaction..lets not give a shit about this fella cos people dying everyday. Just dig deep enough and throw the rest of it and be done with it asap cos i aint got all day here"

How do you feel about that?

Jesus even on thread like this where people should embrace and express condolence theres always someone throwing excuses to be an ass
I wouldn't be overreacting to begin with as I'm not the extremely emotional type. I'll conduct the funeral as normally and stoically as possible and disregard the person causing a scene. Because that's my reaction and I'm entitled to it, like how people are entitled to being combative or engage in debate to change a person's opinion. And it's a difficult comparison to make between an athlete who makes millions putting a ball through a hoop and a civilian who works their 9 to 5 each day.

I'm a little saddened by Kobe's passing even though I'm a loyal Philadelphia 76ers fan, but I won't shed a tear for him because I had my own hangups about him.

We're entitled to our crazy, asinine, and heartless natures.

Let people have theirs and don't bother combatting them.

Airbus Jr

Banned
People here fighting over the tragic death of a celebrity and most importantly, a sports idol and family man. Petty much?

This is always happened everytime someones famous dead and getting lots of prayers and condolence on youtube/yahoo/everywhere

Usually an attention seeker/drama queen/trouble maker enter the scene and their mojo are always the same :

" Hey farmers with a shotgun were killed in DBZ, or some unknown hobos probably died in the street yesterday so by expressing your condolence to someone you love and care about you basically being an ass and insensitive"

These people didnt come with good intention, they just come over here to ruin your day and spit on the persons death

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this aint a funeral. this is a message board this guy and his family are not reading. so yeah imagining something that isn't actually happening is a pretty lame way to discount the discussion.

i respect the dead but there are plenty of other people who died who did far more good in the world than throw a basketball and nobody in the media gives a shit about any of them. im not shedding a tear cos he "inspired people" (to do what? play ball?) or he was in a lot of tv shows and movies. sucks for his family but this kind of stuff happens all the time, to people i know, so im not going to make a public scene out of crying for some celebrity.

as far as his rape, hey maybe he shouldn't have raped a woman if he didn't want people to talk about it.

Last edited:
i haven't read through this thread or the one over a RegretEra but i'm assuming that alot of people are probably getting banned over at RegretEra

Airbus Jr

Banned
this aint a funeral. this is a message board this guy and his family are not reading. so yeah imagining something that isn't actually happening is a pretty lame way to discount the discussion.

i respect the dead but there are plenty of other people who died who did far more good in the world than throw a basketball and nobody in the media gives a shit about any of them. im not shedding a tear cos he "inspired people" (to do what? play ball?) or he was in a lot of tv shows and movies. sucks for his family but this kind of stuff happens all the time, to people i know, so im not going to make a public scene out of crying for some celebrity.

as far as his rape, hey maybe he shouldn't have raped a woman if he didn't want people to talk about it.

The rape charges has been droped by the jury and accuser

Then what other reason your looking for?

Jesus what are you people think when you looking at this picture? Wheres your sense of humanity and compassion?

images

The PC ( Politically Correct) culture have finally betrayed your love and compassion toward humanity and this is what you have become a heartless human being

Were now officially arrived at the the day when expressing condolence to someone we love and care about to be branded as insensitive and brat

Some of you people are fucked up way too far in the head and cant be helped beyond recognition

Last edited:

vpance

It was very foggy. It's entirely possible the pilot had no idea he was too low and off course and just flew straight into the side of the mountain. This is what happened with that volcano tour plane in New Zealand not too long ago.

Apparently it was foggy enough for LAPD choppers to be grounded yesterday. But of course as a VIP shuttle service that's not going to stop them.

Tower said they were flying too low to be picked up on radar. I'm no chopper pilot but if I had to fly in foggy conditions I'm going way higher than I need to.

Mista

Banned
The rape charges has been droped by the jury and accuser

Then what other reason your looking for?

Jesus what are you people think when you looking at this picture? Wheres your sense of humanity and compassion?

images

The PC ( Politically Correct) culture have finally betrayed your love and compassion toward humanity and this is what you have become a heartless human being

Were now officially arrived at the the day when expressing condolence to someone we love and care about to be branded as insensitive and brat

Some of you people are fucked up way too far in the head and cant be helped beyond recognition
I don't know why at this point you still insist on wasting your time man

Fuck them, just let it go mate

I don’t understand the point of airing grievances with someone after they die unexpectedly, maybe with the exception of mass murdering genocidal maniacs

I also won’t apologize for feeling sad over a fatal accident involving innocent youth

I don’t expect everyone to feel the same way but I do believe that common decency is a universal thing, just have a fucking heart

Last edited:
I wouldn't be overreacting to begin with as I'm not the extremely emotional type. I'll conduct the funeral as normally and stoically as possible and disregard the person causing a scene. Because that's my reaction and I'm entitled to it, like how people are entitled to being combative or engage in debate to change a person's opinion. And it's a difficult comparison to make between an athlete who makes millions putting a ball through a hoop and a civilian who works their 9 to 5 each day.

I'm a little saddened by Kobe's passing even though I'm a loyal Philadelphia 76ers fan, but I won't shed a tear for him because I had my own hangups about him.

We're entitled to our crazy, asinine, and heartless natures.

Let people have theirs and don't bother combatting them.

look, as said before, there's a time and place for everything. if you like, feel free to go create a thread to blast whatever you like and try to convince whoever's out there willing to listen. while this is not a funeral, it is a thread where people are mourning the passing of someone they have a strong connection with. he is an icon, a legend, a great father and someone with great passion for the sport. many people are moved or inspired by him. it doesn't matter how much he made by "just throwing a few balls in the hoop" or how there's some muddy issues in his past. we would just like to mourn this person who had done something great and inspired so many. can you not understand that? please leave this thread and leave the people here alone already.

demigod

Apparently it was foggy enough for LAPD choppers to be grounded yesterday. But of course as a VIP shuttle service that's not going to stop them.

Tower said they were flying too low to be picked up on radar. I'm no chopper pilot but if I had to fly in foggy conditions I'm going way higher than I need to.

It's foggy here in Texas today, what the fuck were they thinking of flying in the fog.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

Not sure if this has been posted already, but inferring from his hat, vocabulary, and the level of detail in his description, I'm going to presume this is a highly qualified individual/engineer. It appears that due to fog the pilot became spatially disoriented at low altitude and that there appeared to be no technical malfunctions. The pilot apparently had special and extensive training that qualified him to fly in foggy conditions. Tragedy all around

Last edited:

Breakage

It sounds as if the pilot did not realise where copter was in relation to its surroundings and ended up planting it into a mountain as a result.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I don’t care when celebrities die, even ones I liked a lot.

Why? It has no personal effect on my life.

In a way it’s disrespectful to the actual celebrity who died to treat their death like some event where everyone comes out of the woodwork to express their sorrow, or their political opinions, or whatever else they want to use the dead person for.

Not to mention taking a crap on all the other people who died in the same incident, along with all the people who die every day. Are their lives worth any less?

nCY3xsBuDX5mXx9GLHkyZQslJ4FXRZD81ZmOwWgwIcg.png

this really mkaes you think, thank you

anthraticus

Banned
Do we know why the pilot decided to fly in these conditions? Couldn’t he have said no?
Sounds like the original pilot wouldn't even fly because of bad conditions (fog), so Kobe went and found someone that would and put all those peoples lives in jeopardy.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So what do they think happened? The fog impaired visibility which made the pilot operate the chopper erratically I guess is what they're inferring?

Last edited:

Not sure if this has been posted already, but inferring from his hat, vocabulary, and the level of detail in his description, I'm going to presume this is a highly qualified individual/engineer. It appears that due to fog the pilot became spatially disoriented at low altitude and that there appeared to be no technical malfunctions. The pilot apparently had special and extensive training that qualified him to fly in foggy conditions. Tragedy all around

I grew up right around there. The pilot was supposed to keep following the 101 Freeway, but he turned off onto another road (Las Virgenes). Perhaps he thought he was still following the freeway? From what I read he was ascending and then descending rapidly, maybe he was trying to look for the freeway again to keep following it, but since he meandered over the hills, they smacked right into it.

It was unusually foggy/cloudy yesterday morning.

Tragedy all around really.

Do you think some of these families are going to sue the Kobe estate?

if they confirmed that Kobe did insist on flying even with the bad condition, I won't be surprise if they did. not that I blame them. thou I rather hope that the fact Kobe himself and his daughter were both on there would show that he at least was not aware of the danger of it. thou I imagine things would go smoother if Vanessa (Kobe's wife) would maybe make some sort of contribution to the families that was effected, the one daughter who was left behind after both her parents and her sister were killed in the crash specially.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I'll remind everyone that Kobe beat one of the best Boston teams ever, how bout that big 3 of Allen, Garnet and Pierce and somehow Kobe beat them. Huge break for Kobe and his legacy. I respect everything Kobe did.
ezgif-1-0675fac3c8.gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Y'know, I often harp on the USA's problem with public transportation and how this lacking infrastructure puts us decades behind other well developed countries, especially compared to Asia. The secondary and tertiary negative externalities of traffic are numerous and well documented. It's tragic how something like that has a cause and effect influence on an event like this.

Y'know, I often harp on the USA's problem with public transportation and how this lacking infrastructure puts us decades behind other well developed countries, especially compared to Asia. The secondary and tertiary negative externalities of traffic are numerous and well documented. It's tragic how something like that has a cause and effect influence on an event like this.

No one cares that you think you were right to harp on the USA's problem with public transportation.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
oh i agree. time and time again in Atlanta I saw as the expansion of the local public train system was voted down, so that the affluent suburbs would not be accessible to "urban elements" they said indicated crime, poverty, etc. they did not want homeless people to take the trains to the suburbs. they did not want to spend money on the inner city poor & lower class. this is one of the reasons Atlanta does not have a public train you can take to Macon, Athens or Savannah (can you imagine how amazing that would be?). they don't want to spend money on poor rural counties either. they don't like spending money to help poor people (cars are expensive luxuries most in the global 1% don't even think about), they want to hoard it in the cities instead.

there is a lot of straight up neoliberal greed driving these systems. they want to keep the money in their own districts and counties, focusing it on the profit drivers, the cities, the financial centers, while ignoring rural areas. spending it on rail would mean you would have to spend money in rural areas and a lot of people in the bigger cities in the US look down on the rural areas and say "fuck those poor people too". so the money goes to highways and interstate expansions. additional lanes and toll roads, so that city dwellers can drive fast on the highway to their job. personally i am and have always been in favor of public transportation. i haven't owned a car in 10 years and use it constantly myself. the US would be a far better place to live and get around (far better for the climate as well) if we seriously pursued more public transit systems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom