• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
oh i agree. time and time again in Atlanta I saw as the expansion of the local public train system was voted down, so that the affluent suburbs would not be accessible to "urban elements" they said indicated crime, poverty, etc. they did not want homeless people to take the trains to the suburbs. they did not want to spend money on the inner city poor & lower class. this is one of the reasons Atlanta does not have a public train you can take to Macon, Athens or Savannah (can you imagine how amazing that would be?). they don't want to spend money on poor rural counties either. they don't like spending money to help poor people (cars are expensive luxuries most in the global 1% don't even think about), they want to hoard it in the cities instead.

there is a lot of straight up neoliberal greed driving these systems. they want to keep the money in their own districts and counties, focusing it on the profit drivers, the cities, the financial centers, while ignoring rural areas. spending it on rail would mean you would have to spend money in rural areas and a lot of people in the bigger cities in the US look down on the rural areas and say "fuck those poor people too". so the money goes to highways and interstate expansions. additional lanes and toll roads, so that city dwellers can drive fast on the highway to their job. personally i am and have always been in favor of public transportation. i haven't owned a car in 10 years and use it constantly myself. the US would be a far better place to live and get around (far better for the climate as well) if we seriously pursued more public transit systems.

Living in Atlanta, this is so true. I love you, man!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
(removed, don't dox people)

Forget "cancel him" stuff... But this meme is really tasteless. Especially with making fun of his daughter as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
You doxxing now?

Nope. Got this off FB. I don't know who screenshot but this pic is making the rounds everywhere. Even my Trump supporter friends shared it. I wouldn't have. I just wish I could get the original post and leave his name out of it.

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

Forget "cancel him" stuff... But this meme is really tasteless. Especially with making fun of his daughter as well.

Social media is a wonderful thing. It filters out the dumbest of the scum.

People will think what they want, but if they’re thick enough to share such thoughts to the world they really have nobody else to blame if it backfires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Social media is a wonderful thing. It filters out the dumbest of the scum.

People will think what they want, but if they’re thick enough to share such thoughts to the world they really have nobody else to blame if it backfires.

My concern is how easy is it to photoshop your (or anyones) profile to that comment and toss it out to the cancel culture crowd.

They'd jump on it so fast no one even has to see the original post.

Karma Jawa

My concern is how easy is it to photoshop your (or anyones) profile to that comment and toss it out to the cancel culture crowd.

They'd jump on it so fast no one even has to see the original post.

Fair point.

Had my FB account hacked recently, so I should probably be more appreciative of that perspective.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Supposedly the helicopter missed clearing the hill by 30 ft, and it was barebones. It didn't have safety features like TAWS (some kind of obstacle collision tracking system) and other features.

So basically the guy flew blind hoping to not fuck up, but accidentally crashed instead.

Basically sounds like someone driving a car in fog and gunning it hoping there's no other cars in front of him.

just thought I'll throw these out there. Takehio Inoue of the Slam Dunk manga fame also posted about Kobe's death, since he is one of the most passionate man about the sport out there

and from the designer of Final Fantasy 10 (the kanji letter on the picture is "king")

I got hooked on the NBA on the MJ and then started following Kobe, burning purple and gold. When I was at a loss about the coloring of the final fantasy 10 airship I was making at that time, I remembered those two colors and let them fly in the sky. A few years ago, at an LA launch event, I was rejoiced to tell fans about this episode. #Our Kobe

NickFire

I'm speculating the crash was caused by disorientation / lack of visibility (etc) due to fog, I've been on the water in a small boat (without radar) in heavy fog and it is scary stuff. You have no idea what's around you, where you're headed, what other traffic there is, etc. I cannot fathom being in a helicopter when something like that rolls in.

demigod

I've been in a sandstorm in west Texas(can't remember in Lubbock or Amarillo) before. Completely could not see shit. I had to stop my car and I was afraid someone was going to rear end me on the freeway. Luckily nobody hit me and the sandstorm went away. Pilot should've used better judgement and slowly descend instead of flying blindly.

Tesseract

Banned
rip, will continue to use 'kobe' when lobbing hail mary grenades in apex legends

tenor.gif

bRacing

Banned
Was playing GTA Online and doing a heist when the guy flying the copter to the heist with all of us in it jumped out and we hit a mountain and died. Dude yelled Kobe! on his way out.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It was very good.

Jordan's speech was probably the best, but it was all very good. Sad, but good. Hopefully everyone can start to try to move on with their lives now.

I always thought of Jordan as being kind of hard and unfriendly, so its very interesting to see him speak in a situation where he isnt that. His reference to the crying Jordan meme was pretty damn funny too :D
RIP Kobe.

Mista

Banned
There’s a guy in the Twitter thread arguing against that, with evidence. Supposedly.
Fuck that. I’ve seen it and I saw a friend test it in front of me

Also, the helicopter didn’t crash due to engine failure so something else actually happened.

Stere

I just saw a tweet where a girl thought that Kobe death was good because she liked some photos of Beyonce singing in the funeral.

Seven people died but it was all worth it because of some photos of her favorite singer.

Top Bottom