• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To all the 2,320 Guests on Neogaf, Why not join?

Saber

Gold Member
I know that those answers to join are lovely.

But I dunno why, the first thing that came to my mind when I was reading "join us" was this

1001_animations__heavenly_puss_by_regulas314_d8lcyxf-pre.jpg

You know that if they don't have accounts, they can't actually answer the question, right?

So, I'll speak for them. Just a second.... Uh-huh... Right... Okay...

They said that they feel intimidated by my charm and wit, and they don't feel they can share a stage with me without looking bad. Sorry guys. It's all my fault. Again.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
stop lurking and become a member, or log back in. we all know the other site is full of power hungry moderators who will ban you the instant you post or say something which does not align with their views.
It would be great to have all of you to participate.

So if you honestly believe in freedom of opinion and speech, then you know that Neogaf is the place to be.

Hope to hear,

much love,

Redfirm
Well I did log back in, so there's that. I'll try to articulate my thoughts to the best of my abilities. I'm on medication right now, so I am tad fuzzy at the moment, so pardon any spelling errors.

I certainly still do read GAF except I did so with very little logging-on, or on board interactions as far as the forum goes. I will say that GAF is certainly a very different forum nowadays. The culture immediately after "The Split"was certainly quite a bit more toxic then it is right now. I was quite angry at the time, at what I personally felt like the forum was turning into pretty much a center for the extreme right, at least from my PoV. Lots of whistle calls, if you know what I mean. I was never surprised when some of posters, I had spotted toeing the line around extreme views, eventually copped perms for anti-semitism, or literally calling certain people "sub-saharan piece of shit". Like at some point, these people started thinking that they could shoot that stuff out in the open. To me, that represent the fact that for some time, a certain subset of gamers thought they could use GAF to post that kind of riff-raff. That it had become, that kind of place. It certainly mellowed out, like I said since then.

I will try to post more often. Especially on the gaming side, and the off-topic section. There certainly is a more relaxed attitude, that harkens back to a much earlier GAF where we had memes like the color guys or "Tranny Surprise". A joke I definitely do not find funny anymore, which I think puts me at odds with a fairly large contingent of members here old and new! I get that jokes are jokes, but you know views change and nowadays I'd never use that gag. But the color guys, I'd sure bring back! On the other hand, that more relaxed attitude makes the place certainly feels welcoming for a larger group of set of views. Which can lead to hopefully, level-headed and always polite clashes. I also feel like I could get away with a few jokes, or maybe even a few comments that could be described as in bad taste, without risking a ban like the GAF of old. And honestly yeah I'm ok with talking about titty games.

But I definitely will have to avoid the Politics section, and I already know that I will be on the shit-list of the various cliques that formed since the schism happened. Which is normal, a group of people posting on a forum that was regrowing will inevitably form bonds, and will stick together. I did notice that the most liberal members tend to get shitpiled pretty quick, which is an odd reverse of how things were. before. GAF is certainly not a right-wing site, in its current state. It feels balanced for sure. But I'd say it's...pretty much center right? As of now. I can say that I see view points and ideas in that subsection, that I certainly find quite abhorrent personally. I suppose the point of a truly neutral discussion ground, is to realize that the other side views your own ideas as abhorrent too. And discussing that as grown adults, is certainly possible. But I am sure not ready for that. So yeah, gaming and off-topic for me.

GAF certainly is in a better shape, then a year ago for sure. We'll see how it goes, but yes I will try to get involved some more. There are games to be talked about. And salty memes to be posted.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Yeah, jump in. We don't bite! I used to lurk back in 2006 because I was young but joining this community back in 08 wasn't a bad idea at all

At least here you can discuss, have your own opinion without worrying about anything

Get in here and become a part of GAF family.

Well I did log back in, so there's that. I'll try to articulate my thoughts to the best of my abilities. I'm on medication right now, so I am tad fuzzy at the moment, so pardon any spelling errors.

I certainly still do read GAF except I did so with very little logging-on, or on board interactions as far as the forum goes. I will say that GAF is certainly a very different forum nowadays. The culture immediately after "The Split"was certainly quite a bit more toxic then it is right now. I was quite angry at the time, at what I personally felt like the forum was turning into pretty much a center for the extreme right, at least from my PoV. Lots of whistle calls, if you know what I mean. I was never surprised when some of posters, I had spotted toeing the line around extreme views, eventually copped perms for anti-semitism, or literally calling certain people "sub-saharan piece of shit". Like at some point, these people started thinking that they could shoot that stuff out in the open. To me, that represent the fact that for some time, a certain subset of gamers thought they could use GAF to post that kind of riff-raff. That it had become, that kind of place. It certainly mellowed out, like I said since then.

I will try to post more often. Especially on the gaming side, and the off-topic section. There certainly is a more relaxed attitude, that harkens back to a much earlier GAF where we had memes like the color guys or "Tranny Surprise". A joke I definitely do not find funny anymore, which I think puts me at odds with a fairly large contingent of members here old and new! I get that jokes are jokes, but you know views change and nowadays I'd never use that gag. But the color guys, I'd sure bring back! On the other hand, that more relaxed attitude makes the place certainly feels welcoming for a larger group of set of views. Which can lead to hopefully, level-headed and always polite clashes. I also feel like I could get away with a few jokes, or maybe even a few comments that could be described as in bad taste, without risking a ban like the GAF of old. And honestly yeah I'm ok with talking about titty games.

But I definitely will have to avoid the Politics section, and I already know that I will be on the shit-list of the various cliques that formed since the schism happened. Which is normal, a group of people posting on a forum that was regrowing will inevitably form bonds, and will stick together. I did notice that the most liberal members tend to get shitpiled pretty quick, which is an odd reverse of how things were. before. GAF is certainly not a right-wing site, in its current state. It feels balanced for sure. But I'd say it's...pretty much center right? As of now. I can say that I see view points and ideas in that subsection, that I certainly find quite abhorrent personally. I suppose the point of a truly neutral discussion ground, is to realize that the other side views your own ideas as abhorrent too. And discussing that as grown adults, is certainly possible. But I am sure not ready for that. So yeah, gaming and off-topic for me.

GAF certainly is in a better shape, then a year ago for sure. We'll see how it goes, but yes I will try to get involved some more. There are games to be talked. And salty memes to be posted.
I hope to see you more in gaming. Thank you for the thoughtfulness you put into your post

Melon

Banned

GAF certainly is in a better shape, then a year ago for sure. We'll see how it goes, but yes I will try to get involved some more. There are games to be talked. And salty memes to be posted.

I only joined about a year ago; so I do not know who you are or how you behaved before....but that doesn't really matter to me, to be honest. Anyway, hi, I'm Melon; it's nice to meet you! GAF has improved significantly even since I first joined, so I think you've decided to hop back in at a good time.

And don't feel bad about avoiding the Politics side of things around here -- I do the same. Off-Topic is my little niche and I stick to it. So maybe I'll see you around, hopefully! Thank you for giving us another shot. :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yo F0rneus F0rneus , good to see you. Nothing wrong with staying out of the Politics section. We have it separated from the rest of the site in part for that very reason, so that people can talk about games or tv shows or sports or whatever without matters inevitably getting politicized, divisive, and hostile like they started to everywhere a few years ago.

As far as inappropriate jokes, it's important to remember that a lot of the anti-joke outrage tends to be a person acting on behalf or some other group, rather than personal offense. But extended to its logical conclusion, it's the death of humor, since you'll end up feeling outraged on behalf of all groups and think nothing is funny.

In truth, people have thicker skin than outrage-mongers give them credit for, and it deprives them of agency and dignity to think no one can handle anything subversive or edgy.

Regardless, you're welcome to stick to the areas that you prefer. Cheers.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
There certainly is a more relaxed attitude, that harkens back to a much earlier GAF where we had memes like the color guys or "Tranny Surprise". A joke I definitely do not find funny anymore, which I think puts me at odds with a fairly large contingent of members here old and new! I get that jokes are jokes, but you know views change and nowadays I'd never use that gag.
Yeah, I understand you perfectly. As we grow up and become more sensible, it's natural to stop finding some kind of humor funny. When I was a teenager, I loved doing gay humor, the malicious kind of finding opportunities to question my friends' sexuality. Not because I had anything against homosexuality, but because it triggered them, made them act very insecure and put them in somewhat of a panic mode for a few seconds. Their reaction was the funny part, the payoff. It felt very satisfying everytime I could trigger them like that. But those were different times, and nowadays I would feel like ass if I treated anyone like that.

Alfen Dave

Perverts kek.
They're all in this forum for the Butt thread!!!

1479602613-risitascommuniste1.png

Motherfuckers be watching without contributing!
Deny access to that thread from non-members!

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
Could be a big ban cloud hovering over gaf like Dark Matter. I was banned for what 7 years or something? I read gaf every day. I've been here since the 90s you will never get rid of me completely.

Blame Space came here to call us all fucking idiots on July 2 2018 and he last logged in May 28 lmao. People always keeping tabs on us.

I keep tabs on them too.

Last edited:

BunzLee

As a newbie on here, I didn't join because I thought this was still "old GAF", with the requirements for the email and such.

If you're thinking about joining, do it. It's a pretty chill place. I've started spending way too much time at work on here. lol

Top Bottom