• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McBradders said:
Late to the party should play sometime this week!

Unfortunately Tuesday and Wednesday are out for me as I have a Milestone Wednesday and need to stay behind to get shit done, but Thursday I will be there with multiple cowbells on.
We'll be so late to the party, the band will play for the first time in RB2! :lol

They need to release seasonal DLC so we can be late to the Christmas party.

lttcp.png

Javaman

DrBo42 said:
Has anyone heard of any problems with the ION set?

My yellow pad arrived with packaging scuffing/dents on the yellow pad and the cymbals are less sensitive (likely caused by the brain) then I would like, but the pads work like a champ and it misses far fewer notes then my RB1 set. The notes I miss are almost always my own screwups. :lol

Javaman

AMUSIX said:
I can't say that I've heard of many problems. Some people early on were mentioning the cymbals not being sensitive enough, but it may be that they were tightening them down too much.

Personally, I haven't had an issue with mine. Just remember to always check your joints, tightening them as needed...and to replace your sticks regularly...nylon tips can help.

I don't think it's the cymbals that are causing the trouble. I swapped out a cymbal from a friend's Edrum set and it had the same problem when going through the ION brain. When using the ION cymbal with his set it picked up extremely light taps and rolls on the cymbal without any trouble. That led me down the road to thinking it was either the software or brain. I was hoping the cymbal problem was tied to the software velocity sensitivity, but after hooking it up to my PC and also trying GHWT and still not getting the light hits I'm thinking it's due to the brain not passing the signals.(I still need to try out RB1 on the set) To rule out the software completely though I'd have to use a USB port reader or something but I hadn't had any luck filtering through the massive amount of messages.

ianswoody

Yo dudes! Got the afternoon off, so I'll be on the 360 for the next 4 hours. Maybe playing RB2; maybe not. But if anyone gets on and feels like adding a member, hit me up. GT = ianswoody

The Jer

mrklaw said:
I thought I saw a message of the day on my copy? Some annoying floating message telling me to buy stuff from the store that I already had?
That's Guitar Hero: World Tour

message of the day and floaty skelaton message of the day works fine for that. honestly, I can't think of anything different between the PS3 and 360 version except that the instruments connect differently and the online is seperate. they really are exactly the same game.

Belgand

AlphaTwo00 said:
99 Cents for Track Pack Vol 2, which contains 20 songs.

That's a tough decision as most of the songs on that are absolutely terrible. I'd say there are one or two songs on it worth buying so getting them for $0.99 is nice, but you also have to put up with introducing a lot of crap into your system so that's an issue as well.

Oh and why didn't anyone tell me that we got not only Dead Kennedys, but Mission of Fucking Burma?!? OMG. Pavement is almost a possibility now. I can imagine that we might really get Pavement. What's next, Husker Du?

I still can't believe that I had to suffer through Disturbed and SOAD and all that other crap on the disc instead of getting something awesome like this though. It's just not right. But it almost makes up for the Killers. Almost.

Belgand

sublime085 said:
I'm appalled. Girl's Not Grey is at the top of the Logo countdown, when Rebel Girl is a much gayer song.

While Rebel Girl is an awesome song, Sleater-Kinney is where you go for your gay. I mean, yeah, Bikini Kill was part of the scene and kinda close, but AFAIK they were all straight.

Haha, never ordering with ShopTo again.

Bank refused payment, call the bank, turns out ShopTo are being wankers, got it approved, ShopTo say they'll ship it tomorrow, call them up, wait, call them up again as they only have 1 phone line, get them to ship it tonight.

Belgand said:
Oh and why didn't anyone tell me that we got not only Dead Kennedys, but Mission of Fucking Burma?!? OMG. Pavement is almost a possibility now. I can imagine that we might really get Pavement.

I was posting on just that a while back. But thinking about it, I think the Dead Kennedys thing is a bigger deal, because it's just one step closer to Wesley Willis: :D
c90862i0a50.jpg

Belgand

robut said:
I was posting on just that a while back. But thinking about it, I think the Dead Kennedys thing is a bigger deal, because it's just one step closer to Wesley Willis: :D
c90862i0a50.jpg

I wouldn't say that so much. It is a bit sad that since Jello was apparently a total dick about profits (I can maybe see how it was an honest mistake, but I don't know that I'm buying that) and the rest of the band got the rights they've been whoring their songs out all over the place to make some more cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom