• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"To Begin With? Everything." The Official ROCK BAND Thread (M3wThr33: WE HATE YOU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Preorder'd.

Even without Bret Michaels this will be great, though hopefully he won't go exclusive next year and maybe we can even hope to get him as DLC provided Activision didn't moneyhat him too excessively.

shuri

Banned
Can someone paste the guitar compatibility list? I want to buy GH3 Xbox 360 and Rockband, but if it turns out that the Rock Band guitar isnt compatible with GH3, it would really, really suck :(

Jube3

shuri said:
Can someone paste the guitar compatibility list? I want to buy GH3 Xbox 360 and Rockband, but if it turns out that the Rock Band guitar isnt compatible with GH3, it would really, really suck :(

The rockband guitar does not work with guitar hero 3 (red octane only guitars do). The gh3 guitar does work with rockband.

This is one of the versions, not sure if it's up-to-date:

1up said:
Guitar, Interrupted: A Guide to Guitar Compatibility
They've all been tested. Find out what works where.
By Patrick Klepek, 10/26/2007

You can't be blamed for being a little confused by yesterday's article examining some of the politics and behind-the-scenes drama that have determined which guitar peripherals will work on what games this Fall. Since then, we hadn't been able to personally test the Guitar Hero III controller in Rock Band, but the folks at IGN were kind enough to pass on word via podcast that the controller is compatible.

The fact that the Guitar Hero III controller works in Rock Band but not vice versa is very strange and something we're going to be looking into for you guys, but while we start asking some questions, here's the most to-to-date guide on which guitars are compatible with what:

Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer

# Rock Band? Yes
# Guitar Hero II? Yes
# Guitar Hero III? Yes

Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
# Rock Band? Yes
# Guitar Hero II? Yes
# Guitar Hero III? Yes

Rock Band's Stratocaster
# Rock Band? Yes
# Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
# Guitar Hero III? No
Link.

shuri

Banned
That's a shame, and strangely ironic considering red octane's past... I wanted to buy GH3 and RB so i could use the guitar of one game as the other's game second guitar, but damn. Now I have to buy a crappy exploder If I wanna play GH3 with someone.

M3wThr33

Banned
The whole Red Octane freaking out on the success of Guitar Hero is why I refused to buy GH2 and at this point might just not buy GH3, either. They don't deserve money if they don't play fair.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
M3wThr33 said:
The whole Red Octane freaking out on the success of Guitar Hero is why I refused to buy GH2 and at this point might just not buy GH3, either. They don't deserve money if they don't play fair.

It's incredibly disappointing, if unsurprising. People should be more pissed off. Hopefully, once Rock Band is out, they will be.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
The 1UP crew wasn't too enthused about Rock Band. What the hell? I'm still psyched.

What! Rock Band, also known as Game of the Forever.

warthog

Got to have this. Especially interested in the drums. I hope we don't have to wait for too long for this thing to hit Europe. I remember waiting for GH1 forever...

Jube3

Made you a chart thing for the OP birdie
rb_compatibility.jpg

Jube3

Thanks Cornballer

just to clarify, and i put it on the chart just now, the special effects is NOT overdrive/starpower. Its the different note effects( waah waah etc i think)

Barnolde said:
You should watermark that, because it's going to be all over the internet.
Yeah, I was just about to mention that. Put your name on it or a big GAF symbol before it starts making the rounds. You may as well take some credit for it.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Yeah, but you were the only one who seemed remotely interested in it.

I don't know. I think a lot of people were erring on the side of the lone player and not bashing the game. On the contrary it sounded like playing together was a universal blast.

I really think I'm gonna wait. After playing it at Best Buy my anticipation really didn't go any higher. Plus the price tag. Plus the amount of space the shit is gonna take up. Plus I'm getting COD4 in less than a week. Plus VF5 360 is going to be 40 bucks at Circuit City next week, so I can't NOT buy it. And of course, GH3 is doing a great job of satisfying my rhythm game urges. If there was a drum SKU, I'd get it.

Jube3

Cornballer said:
Yeah, I was just about to mention that. Put your name on it or a big GAF symbol before it starts making the rounds. You may as well take some credit for it.

I just put the gaf logo in the background and on the top corner lol

BenjaminBirdie said:
On the contrary it sounded like playing together was a universal blast.
Yeah, they did make that clear. That's really all I need from it, so hyped maintained! Everyone else just seemed really down on the singleplayer.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
eXxy said:
It's incredibly disappointing, if unsurprising. People should be more pissed off. Hopefully, once Rock Band is out, they will be.
M3wThr33 said:
Can one of you fine gentlemen provide a link for me read up on this? Thanks in advance!

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Yeah, they did make that clear. That's really all I need from it, so hyped maintained! Everyone else just seemed really down on the singleplayer.

To be honest, I was let down by those impressions myself. I also have a small apartment.

BUT MY ENTHUSIASM IS SOMEHOW UNDETERRED.

Jube3

BenjaminBirdie said:
To be honest, I was let down by those impressions myself. I also have a small apartment.

BUT MY ENTHUSIASM IS SOMEHOW UNDETERRED.

Hmm I wonder if we can put our heads together to create a simple,cheap and easy to make stand for the guitars and drums so they are easy to store. Im gonna see what I can cook up in illustrator over the weekend. I hate leaving all these plastic guitars just lying around.

M3wThr33

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
Can one of you fine gentlemen provide a link for me read up on this? Thanks in advance!

Red Octane sues The Ant Commandos for making a guitar box too similar a retail box for Guitar Hero.
They then proceed to lock their guitars from working in GH2. Regardless of the box design, they locked out other guitars from working.
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/9/20/5354

Plus the fact that GH1 and 2 don't like the PS3 and it's guitar just keeps on rolling. Red Octane wants you to buy their peripherals more than anything else.

Mr Jared

Game of the Forever, indeed. I've been waiting to play Rock Band for about 8 years now. Guitar Freaks & DrumMania session mode was fun, but ultimately ghetto. Especially when we tossed in the Keyboard Mania machine.

bryehn

Jube3 said:
Hmm I wonder if we can put our heads together to create a simple,cheap and easy to make stand for the guitars and drums so they are easy to store. Im gonna see what I can cook up in illustrator over the weekend. I hate leaving all these plastic guitars just lying around.

I was just thinking the other day about wanting stands for all my "guitars". I was also really surprised that no one's making them yet. Saw cases at EB, but no stands.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
M3wThr33 said:
Red Octane sues The Ant Commandos for making a guitar box too similar a retail box for Guitar Hero.
They then proceed to lock their guitars from working in GH2. Regardless of the box design, they locked out other guitars from working.
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/9/20/5354

Plus the fact that GH1 and 2 don't like the PS3 and it's guitar just keeps on rolling. Red Octane wants you to buy their peripherals more than anything else.
Thank you very much and that is really shitty of them. Especially since they were exactly like The Ant Commandos early on in their career.

Jube3

bryehn said:
I was just thinking the other day about wanting stands for all my "guitars". I was also really surprised that no one's making them yet. Saw cases at EB, but no stands.

Futureshop is selling guitar stands for 20, they were giving out for free if you bought GH3 early i think. Im not gonna shell out 60 dollars for guitar stands to my 3 fake guitars lol.

Cahill said:
Ben, have you so quickly forgotten about your GHIII "Monsters"?

No way! I tried accepting a bunch of people yesterday but that site is a mess. I don't add anyone to the OP until/unless they're accepted into the Group.

Inspirius

It's too bad there's almost zero chance of this being region free. The wait to the European release is going to be so hard. I shall have to console myself with my cheap import copy of GH3.

Be sure to tell us Euro folks how awesome this game is at every oppourtunity.

Jube3

Inspirius said:
It's too bad there's almost zero chance of this being region free. The wait to the European release is going to be so hard. I shall have to console myself with my cheap import copy of GH3.

Be sure to tell us Euro folks how awesome this game is at every oppourtunity.

Will do!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
No way! I tried accepting a bunch of people yesterday but that site is a mess. I don't add anyone to the OP until/unless they're accepted into the Group.

Bullet point confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom