• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To the people who are concerned about xbox this gen, this is what they will have this gen so far. Plus activision, if the deal is done.

I don't know about you guys but these are my most anticipated games:
  • Project Midnight
  • Unannounced projects
  • Project Cobalt
  • two unannounced projects
  • Project Mara
  • unannounced project
  • partner projects
  • Unannounced projects
  • unannounced project
  • Project Indus
  • Project Dragon
  • Project Belfry
  • Project Shaolin
I just can't decide which of these absolute bangers I'm *MOST* excited for.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
People seem harsher on Microsoft, now that xbox is the market leader.
Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Nice list, but where are the games. People waited last gen for he's and here we are 2 years in to the new gen and still waiting on games other than halo and Forza. Why are there always droughts? Why can't they just release games all throughout the year and instead wait for holidays? Their management needs to figure it out pronto. Really tired of hearing wait it's coming, wait for e3, wait for the coop, wait for the updates. Just tired of hearing words and no action.

Lognor

Banned
Nice list, but where are the games. People waited last gen for he's and here we are 2 years in to the new gen and still waiting on games other than halo and Forza. Why are there always droughts? Why can't they just release games all throughout the year and instead wait for holidays? Their management needs to figure it out pronto. Really tired of hearing wait it's coming, wait for e3, wait for the coop, wait for the updates. Just tired of hearing words and no action.
?
We've gotten a ton of ms games already though. What are you talking about? There is a reason ms was publisher of the year last year...

kingfey

Banned
Have you ever thought this is the company's responsibility, not yours?

Unless you have something to tell everyone that is?
The company already showed it. That is why there is this list.

Where do you think this list come from? From a unicorn land?

Last edited:

Loope

Obsidian for me, makes it worth it. The rest, except for Starfield doesn't really move it for me. But there's something for every taste.

GHG

Gold Member
Who is the defense force?
You know what this is about. You and your friends on your previous know what this is about.

So let's stop wasting our time and name calling.

Its not like we come out of our hide, once their is an outrage.

Why are you malfunctioning? You're not making any sense.

You posted this to "remind" people of things that everyone is already aware of. Why exactly? What's there to be gained from this and what exactly are we supposed to discuss? We've seen the announced games list for the console and if you haven't it's easily accessible to everyone.

The fact is it's always been this way, Xbox has always had a long list of announced games. That's not the problem and it never has been. Nobody cares until they actually start delivering on their promises on a consistent basis. You creating this thread changes nothing and ironically all it does is feed the ideology of never ending future promises for the platform.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
  • Project Midnight
  • Unannounced projects
  • Project Cobalt
  • Project Mara
  • unannounced project
  • partner projects
  • Unannounced projects
  • unannounced project
  • Project Indus
  • Project Dragon
  • Project Belfry
  • Project Shaolin
Do you know which are world premieres or launch console exclusives?

Thanks "lollipop_disappointed:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
With their two biggest games of the year being delayed, the Bethesda x Xbox showcase is even more important now.

They should have full understanding of how bad the outlook and optics will be if they don't deliver a bunch of new announcements and release dates.

kirby007

And here i'm assuming that due to gamepass games don't get delayed anymore because the quality doesn't matter for F2P games

kingfey

Banned
Why are you malfunctioning? You're not making any sense.

You posted this to "remind" people of things that everyone is already aware of. Why exactly? What's there to be gained from this and what exactly are we supposed to discuss? We've seen the announced games list for the console and if you haven't it's easily accessible to everyone.

The fact is it's always been this way, Xbox has always had a long list of announced games. That's not the problem and it never has been. Nobody cares until they actually start delivering on their promises on a consistent basis. You creating this thread changes nothing and ironically all it does is feed the ideology of never ending future promises for the platform.
Great. Then this list is not for you.

Its for the concerned people, who were literally trolling around here these past week.

Any game from that list could be available on this upcoming showcase.

If that showcase wasn't happening, then this post wouldn't have existed.

As for this year, it's been discussed long time ago. Covid had a huge impact, which all of us were talking about the effect in 2021.

This year showed us this effect.

GHG

Gold Member
Great. Then this list is not for you.

Its for the concerned people, who were literally trolling around here these past week.

Any game from that list could be available on this upcoming showcase.

If that showcase wasn't happening, then this post wouldn't have existed.

As for this year, it's been discussed long time ago. Covid had a huge impact, which all of us were talking about the effect in 2021.

This year showed us this effect.

Ah the classic covid excuse. God knows how From Software managed to release one of the greatest games of all time in spite of covid. Must be a miracle or I must be dreaming.

It's crazy that you think this list will change anyone's mind when it's always been this way. It's always next year, next E3, wait until xxxxx game releases, and in some extreme cases it was even wait until next gen. Rinse, repeat. Explain to me how you posting a list changes any of that.

kingfey

Banned
Ah the classic covid excuse. God knows how From Software managed to release one of the greatest games of all time in spite of covid. Must be a miracle or I must be dreaming.

It's crazy that you think this list will change anyone's mind when it's always been this way. It's always next year, next E3, wait until xxxxx game releases, and in some extreme cases it was even wait until next gen. Rinse, repeat. Explain to me how you posting a list changes any of that.
If you don't care about this list, then mute this post. How hard is that?

You are making this a bigger deal.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Lol, market leader? You mean for a month in one region and only because of supply issues.

And you're also completely ignoring Nintendo. Xbox is still third place. Yes, they're doing better than last gen, but they're still in third.
Yeah, that post is a perfect example of Xbox games getting delayed literally messing with ppl's minds.....

kingfey

Banned
It was never a big deal in the first place. I'm questioning what you're expecting to achieve but you're clearly going through hardship and the urge to do some marketing on their behalf became too much.

Reaction GIF
Because there is no goal behind this. It's just to calm down the mass hysteria we had these days.

The showcase is 1 month from now. Any game from this list could target this year.

If Xbox doesn't have any game from this showcase, then it's not my business.

I am already pissed off about bethesda delaying starfield.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
  • Project Midnight
  • Unannounced projects
  • Project Cobalt
  • Project Mara
  • unannounced project
  • partner projects
  • Unannounced projects
  • unannounced project
  • Project Indus
  • Project Dragon
  • Project Belfry
  • Project Shaolin

I can't decide which one I'm most excited for either. I would say my top 4 most anticipated games are:
Unannounced projects
two unannounced projects
Unannounced projects
unannounced project

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
2023/2024
Destiny 2 Light Fall
Destimy 2 Final Shape

Future looking bright

My issue with Microsoft is every time a game gets delayed, they have nothing to compensate. Sony and Nintendo have smaller stuff like Sifu, Kena, Live a Live etc to fill in the gaps. And when Microsoft eventually releases a new exclusive, it more often than not ends up being mediocre.

Yep. Also, this: they just suck at leading the bad news with good news. When Sony announced the HFW delay back in mid-2021, they had a new gameplay spotlight for it in the State of Play beforehand, which softened the impact of the delay announcement. Same with Ragnarok, and GT7. Meanwhile they still have other exclusives coming (or did already), even if a lot are 3P: FFVII Intergrade, Kena, Sifu, Forspoken, Stray, FFXVI (still confident it's coming this year), Ragnarok etc.

Nintendo may've delayed BOTW2, but they still have several games coming this year, plus again certain system exclusives from 3P partners. Microsoft had the bad luck of counting on a few big 3P exclusives that are now indefinitely delayed due to a war crisis (STALKER 2 and Replaced, which I was especially looking forward to after the showcase last summer...or was it 2020 when they showed it?). But their bigger issue IMO is, they don't have very consistent communication with where their games are, and when they do, like Starfield, it's really just a bunch of talk with nothing to show because - surprise! - here's a delay!

I also think the insiders leaking so many of their game projects is a problem, too, because with things like these delays it makes it look like they let that leak to fill in dead air covering for lack of releases that aren't 3P multiplats. Plus if even a lot of the games they have officially revealed seem to be having issues (in some cases well after release like with Halo Infinite), what hope is there that some of the project name games aren't having issues too? What if some of them end up getting cancelled? Having so many project names floating around out here just puts a spotlight on them in case there are dev issues or cancellations.

In terms of exclusives, well when they're simulator-based, strategy or racing games, you can actually usually count on the quality to be there with Microsoft. Those seem to be genres they excel at. I think if they could add more cinematic flair within some of those games, they could find greater success. Like if they made a Forza Horizon game with the storytelling gravitas of a Fast & Furious film (if Sony tried it with GT it'd probably be something more like Ford vs Ferrari), or adding more cinematic moments in an Age of Empires game. However I don't know if they have people in the division, or on those teams that have the capability or interest of doing such things.

I don't think they will have nothing for 2022. I'm still very much hopeful for some surprise announcements in June.

They still have the new Forza supposedly coming, but nothing official yet. Oh, and Ark 2 and Scorn. But those are really acquired tastes.

That's still who I consider to be the "hardcore" gamers.

There are people that play only a single game like Rainbow 6, Halo, CoD and they play it competitively; to me those people are far more hardcore than gamers that play a shit ton of little indie artsy stuff, Visual Novels or crappy walking sims like Life is Strange that don't even have any gameplay.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with that perspective, or at least partly. Dedication you need to master games like R6, Halo, COD or fighters like SF, Tekken, even Smash, it's a lot in terms of time and skill development.

But I also think just those who invest time in their games so they have some impact on them outside of just being some quick diversion or time-waster, even if that type of game isn't the most technically advanced in terms of skillsets, I think those are also deserving of being considered hardcore depending on how much they devote into playing those games and learning everything about them. There are people who only play games like SH2 for example, but they know EVERYTHING about it, all the secrets, all the lore, themes, dev history, everything. There are people like that when it comes to stuff like King's Field, the Sonic series, Mario, etc.

I think if it's obvious if they put the time and energy into those games, there's no reason they can't be considered hardcore gamers too, in some form.

Useless thread. There are nearly no concerned people, but almost only warriors trying to talk a toy/brand down and you can't change that with words (unless you are their psychologist).

Wrong. I was pretty up on Xbox last year, particularly in the second half, going into that showcase. They were actually, IMO, in kind of a rough spot this time last year, too, but that showcase turned things around.

But then look at some of the results afterwards. Halo Infinite came out, was a thing for like two weeks, then dropped off like a stone. Season 2 is already dead for that game. FH5 had a big debut, but it's tapered off heavily since then, a lot of people feel like it's more of a DLC than really innovating the design of that series. Then the stuff came out about The Initiative. Then Crossfire X (Crossfire L) drops; the first Xbox console exclusive in years and it just...sucked. STALKER 2 indefinitely delayed. Replaced also delayed. Bright Memory Infinite coming out to PC before Xbox (and no word yet on when it's actually coming to Xbox). Now Redfall & Starfield delayed meanwhile PS getting more out of the Zenimax deal so far than Xbox.

It's just a series of unfortunate blunders and missteps that show things haven't really solidified for MS yet, and it'll be a long while until they do. A lot of people were genuinely thinking Starfield would release in November but now that is out of the window. It wouldn't sting as bad if they didn't literally give a very specific date almost a year in advance, then did roundtables and dairies for the game as if they were 100% locked for a November release. Now, IMO, it's reasonable to suspect we won't see that much of either Starfield or RedFall at the June showcase. Anything 1P-wise outside of Forza Motorsport they show will almost 100% not come out in 2022, chances are still good we don't get confirmed dates for Hellblade II or Avowed, either. Never mind games like Everwild which are quite far off, and all the various leaked "project name" games which are probably 2024 or later.

You don't need to be a console warrior or fanboy/fangirl to see that there are reasons to be concerned about MS's ability to build up long-lasting momentum going forward, especially since Sony, Nintendo and others aren't going to stand still and do nothing. I think they needed Starfield to hit this November to solidify what they had been slowly building up momentum-wise from last November, because even though Halo and Forza have kind of fallen off, Xbox was benefiting in NA & Europe from severe PS5 shortages earlier this year. That isn't going to be the case going into the rest of this year now that Sony are going to be ramping up PS5 supply for the fiscal year. Nintendo will also be increasing their supply, and there'll be new GPUs coming to market meaning an influx of prior-gen GPUs getting dumped for the cheap.

All of that plus things like the RedFall/Starfield delay, along with (seemingly) no big exclusives outside of Forza coming the rest of the year and no big 3P games for Day 1 in GamePass (again, that we know of), puts Xbox in a very bad spot. And I'm saying this as someone who wants Xbox to legitimately do better this generation.

People seem harsher on Microsoft, now that xbox is the market leader.

Don't do this.

Quantum253

Because it's that time of the season, and the recent posts about game delays, I watched last year's Bethesda and Xbox's E3 presentation. There were a lot of smaller games that I completely forgot about and others that had the "2022 release" tags. With the delays to the end of 22' beginning of (possibly Q1 23'), there might be a tsunami of games coming around the Q4/Q1 timeframe. I never like having hype deflated with delays, but I have to say I would hate playing a game that's not fun or plays terribly because it's not ready. Along with a wallet smashing months, I hope publishers are able to spread the awesome out throughout the year and not try to dump everything so close to each other.

Wohc

Banned
I said "nearly no" and you know that this place is fanboy/warrior infested. The most "concerned" people are always those who wouldn't even touch the games/console if you pay them to. I'm pissed myself that Starfield gets delayed, because i already got a new grapics card just for this game. But am i concerned? No. Even if Evil Dead was the last game ever released i would have enough games to play until the rest of my life. Most people here live in a bubble where exclusive games are the most important thing, but in reality they are not. Microsoft, PlayStation and Nintendo all are selling lots of hardware and Microsoft even does so without a single exclusive game.

Last edited:
They just punted an entire year. With the amount of studios they have it’s odd that have nothing to show for it for a year. I’m not concerned and gamepass PC has been fantastic imo, but they should be dropping games left and right and it just hasn’t played out like that. They need to drop some money and lock up some big 3rd party games for GP. Maybe hogwarts?
This they have nothing rubbish is pretty silly to say given they haven't had their showcase yet. For all any of us know they could have multiple exclusives first/third party lined up, and I'm pretty confident they will.

Fredrik

Xbox has always had a long list of announced games. That's not the problem and it never has been. Nobody cares until they actually start delivering on their promises on a consistent basis. You creating this thread changes nothing and ironically all it does is feed the ideology of never ending future promises for the platform.
Aidy Bryant Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’m a fan of what Microsoft are doing in this space, I get more games for less money and I can play on PC and console with one license and one save. They’re doing some seriously awesome things.

But it’s frustrating to see so many studios and so little releases. We didn’t see 20 games the last years on Xbox One so I don’t quite understand the inconsistency.

Some games MS published last year wasn’t made in-house either; Flight Sim (Asobo), Gears Tactics (Spash Damage).

Correct me if I’m wrong here, we’ve seen 4 releases on Xbox Series from MS 1st party since the launch late 2020. Bleeding Edge, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite. Maybe Hive Busters can be included too, it’s DLC but not far off from being a full game. Everything came out in 2021.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
The problem is that you are making quality term as absolute for gaming.

Quality means nothing, if the product is barebone.

Look at bethesda elderscroll and fallout. Janky, but does produce results.

I think it's time we use that term to judge everything.

I mean, my most enjoyable games were games, that aren't quality in this age.
What Happened Reaction GIF by NCAA Championships

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
With their two biggest games of the year being delayed, the Bethesda x Xbox showcase is even more important now.

They should have full understanding of how bad the outlook and optics will be if they don't deliver a bunch of new announcements and release dates.
I think there will still be skepticism and some (valid) criticism.

The reason is that while they can show a few games and slap 2023 release dates, can we trust those release dates? They may just slap some relatively early release dates only to delay them when the time of release comes near and just string people along in the meantime. We have seen this in the past.
  • Halo was set to release in 2020. Then it was pushed to 2021.
  • Grounded 1.0 was scheduled for 2020/2021. It hasn't yet released in 2022.
  • Redfall was schedule for Summer 2022, now it's pushed to 2023.
  • Starfield was set for Q4 2022. Now it's 2023.
  • Then there are other third-party exclusives like Scorn, Bright Memory Infinite, ExoMecha that were all scheduled to release in 2020/2021.
Honestly, I think right now there isn't much Xbox can do except just take the criticism. They will have to build their reputation for years releasing high-quality games on the release dates they announce before people start putting any faith in the release dates in the future (including the June 12 show).

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They just punted an entire year. With the amount of studios they have it’s odd that have nothing to show for it for a year. I’m not concerned and gamepass PC has been fantastic imo, but they should be dropping games left and right and it just hasn’t played out like that. They need to drop some money and lock up some big 3rd party games for GP. Maybe hogwarts?
PlayStation has the marketing rights for Hogwarts. It won't be able to come on Gamepass anytime soon -- let alone on day one.

My issue with Microsoft is every time a game gets delayed, they have nothing to compensate. Sony and Nintendo have smaller stuff like Sifu, Kena, Live a Live etc to fill in the gaps. And when Microsoft eventually releases a new exclusive, it more often than not ends up being mediocre.

That isn't true at all.

Two of the best indie games of the year so far just dropped on Xbox; Rogue Legacy 2 and Tunic (also on Game Pass). Games like Somerville, Slime Rancher 2 and Planet of Lana are still due this year among others.

Xbox has had a very steady stream of fantastic indie games coming out for the platform and Game Pass since launch, I guess it's a shame they don't get the attention they deserve.

Top Bottom