• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To the Splinter Cell diehards, would you be pleased to see the rumored new Splinter Cell return to form, with pure hardcore stealth gameplay?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I liked Blacklist but I didn't like I couldn't kill anyone for the Ghost ranking. Never made sense that you'd want to keep all enemies alive as you progress through missions.

What is pure hardcore stealth anyway? Someone catches a glimpse of you and the mission fails?
The ghost ranking is only for non-lethal. Think of it like diplomatic espionage. You sneak into an embassy and get sensitive information and no one even knows you were there.

Panther runs are for total stealth but kill everyone. Both are fun. I prefer panther usually but liked all 3.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I want Conviction 2. Hated Blacklist. Always thought that Ubisoft should have elevated Archer from when you play Deniable Ops and the prologue to being the second Splinter Cell after Sam Fisher with Fisher moving into the role of Lambert since he would be older.

Would have been perfect for a reboot sort of with it being called Splinter Cell 2 with the 2 meaning that you're playing as the second splinter cell (Fisher was the first) in Archer. Was always hoping for that but it never happened.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Splinter Cell: GAAS Theory
hhh.png
How is that Metal Gear game coming or are you excited for Kojjima's next interective cutscene ?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I liked Blacklist but I didn't like I couldn't kill anyone for the Ghost ranking. Never made sense that you'd want to keep all enemies alive as you progress through missions.

What is pure hardcore stealth anyway? Someone catches a glimpse of you and the mission fails?
It makes perfect sense unless they gave you the ability to make kills look like accidents in which case they'd need to build a hitman game. Ghosting is to get in and out without anyone ever knowing you were there, dead bodies would make it clear even if it happened long after Sam has left the field. They could add radio check in for the guards so that someone is dispatched to find them and so on to make it more obvious in-game but eh, that's fluff. If you find it unrealistic jut don't aim for ghosting, if you aim for that understand it's a gamey element if the mission/story don't justify it.

Last edited:

Greedings

Back to stealth only.
I thought Black list was OK, but it was too easy to stealth and get caught. I didn't feel like there was much of a punishment for being found because I could just blast my way out of every situation.

Kathanan

Chaos theory and Double agent (PS2 & XBOX versions) are my favorit games in the series.. so i hope they return to the roots.

Top Bottom