• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To Zelda fans: Do you want another Hero of Time game?

wRATH2x

Banned
So I just beat Majora's Mask(yeah yeah I know), and I was thinking, why hasn't there been a new Zelda staring The Hero of Time version of Link?

He is easily my favorite Link, and possibly my favorite video game character ever. His two games are among the greatest games of all time. I fucking love this guy. I know no Link went past two games, but the upcoming Spirit Tracks is WW Links third game. Maybe a direct sequel to Majora would be awesome!

Now I'm not saying they will or should do it, all I'm saying is I would love to see it happen, and hopefully its the same quality as OoT and MM.

So GAF what do you think?

How do you know that's the same Link from Wind Waker? That's like saying that's the same Link from the Minish Crap.

Also, I'm pretty sure Hero of Time Link has been in more than those 2 games.

Anyway, to finally answer your question, I wouldn't mind at all.

gdt

How is that Link any different from all the others :lol ?

In terms of personality, the Hero of The Winds had the most, but even then, thats a stretch.

Aegus

Yes, but I'd also like a game where Link discovers an item that turns him into a girl so he can past situations his manly form could not....

Well not really, but would be funny to see.

Dascu

Just give me this in 3D:
1173168663372.jpg

Garryk

How long do you think it will be until they have a Zelda set in modern or futuristic times? If time travel is on the table then why not skip way ahead on the timeline?

Dascu

Garryk said:
How long do you think it will be until they have a Zelda set in modern or futuristic times? If time travel is on the table then why not skip way ahead on the timeline?
Honestly, just keep the Zelda franchise within its Medieval Fantasy world. Nintendo should just create a new IP if it wants to do a more modern setting instead of shoehorning their ideas into existing IPs.

Firestorm

Just give me the story that was presented in the intro to The Wind Waker. I thought Twilight Princess would be that game but I was wrong =(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If they stuck to him being young than yes, perhaps. But knowing many they want "adult" Link and we all know what happened then.

BGBW said:
If they stuck to him being young than yes, perhaps. But knowing many they want "adult" Link and we all know what happened then.

They made a fantastic Zelda game. Fancy that!

That has nothing to do with it, man.

Nintendo, just make any kind of console Zelda. I don't care who it stars, just do it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BrandNew said:
They made a fantastic Zelda game. Fancy that!

That has nothing to do with it, man.

Nintendo, just make any kind of console Zelda. I don't care who it stars, just do it.
Don't get me wrong I loved Twilight Princess. However it is hard to deny that there wasn't some backlash from other parts of the community.

I kind of enjoy the fact that Link is young as it makes the journey feel more imposing.. Making him older loses some of that charm.

wRATH2x

Banned
John Dunbar said:
i would imagine you would want more wolf link.
Umm..No, I assume you think you played with the Hero of Time in TP, well no you didn't TP had a different Link.

How do you know that's the same Link from Wind Waker? That's like saying that's the same Link from the Minish Crap.

Also, I'm pretty sure Hero of Time Link has been in more than those 2 games.

Anyway, to finally answer your question, I wouldn't mind at all
Well in PH they had the same pirate crew from Wind Waker, they talked about Zelda leaving the princess life to be Tetra again. It's pretty obvious.

Oh and you could only play as The Hero of Time two times, Although he was mentioned in other games.

linkboy

No.

Zelda 1 & 2 have the same Link and are a pair

Link to the Past & Link's Awakening's have the same Link and are a pair

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask have the same Link and are a pair

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess take place in separate timelines, but I believe they take place at the same time, just on the separate timeline (I remember reading something from Anouma on that, but I can't find that interview now).

I want Nintendo to stick with what they're doing, different Links.

Oh, and I want a Zelda game that looks like this

normal_veiw-heras-tower.jpg

Wrath2X said:
Umm..No, I assume you think you played with the Hero of Time in TP, well no you didn't TP had a different Link.

Well in PH they had the same pirate crew from Wind Waker, they talked about Zelda leaving the princess life to be Tetra again. It's pretty obvious.

Oh and you could only play as The Hero of Time two times, Although he was mentioned in other games.
I meant how do you know ST Link is WW Link.

Keeping the games in the same universe would require more character progression and a new villain, so yeah, I'd be all for that.

Won't happen though.

NIN90

Honestly, I think Zelda fans are the nerdiest people on the whole internet. :lol

(not in a negative way. I'm pretty nerdy myself.)

Christopher

I think I'm over the Zelda franchise now, but "the hero of time" games were easily my favorite behind the gb games.

wRATH2x

Banned
linkboy said:
No.

Zelda 1 & 2 have the same Link and are a pair

Link to the Past & Link's Awakening's have the same Link and are a pair

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask have the same Link and are a pair

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess take place in separate timelines, but I believe they take place at the same time, just on the separate timeline (I remember reading something from Anouma on that, but I can't find that interview now).

I want Nintendo to stick with what they're doing, different Links.

So? There is nothing wrong with using him. Really the quality of the game matters a lot more than who you play as. I just thought it would be awesome to see him back.

Oh, Wind Waker-->Phantom Hourglass-->Spirit Tracks.
So that pair thing doesn't really matter.

wRATH2x

Banned
Jaded Alyx said:
I meant how do you know ST Link is WW Link.
Ummm. Isn't it confirmed to be a sequel to PH? Well you got me. Looks like I have to wait for more info. But still I would love to see The Hero of Time back.

Honestly, I think Zelda fans are the nerdiest people on the whole internet. :lol

I surprise myself sometimes :lol
I'm really not nerdy at all about anything else, but with Zelda it's always different. Ocarina of Time is the cause of that, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Eteric Rice

NIN90 said:

You've never met Mother fans, have you?

I really think they need to reboot the Zelda plot, and erase all previous characters and start off new. Maybe even a new villian.

Or at least give Ganon a good reason for his hatreds, etc.

For the record, Hero of Time Link does appear in a third game anyway.

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20061103051519836-000.jpg

This dude uses a metal version of the Deku Shield and alludes to being of the same blood as the hero himself.

linkboy

Wrath2X said:
So? There is nothing wrong with using him. Really the quality of the game matters a lot more than who you play as. I just thought it would be awesome to see him back.

Oh, Wind Waker-->Phantom Hourglass-->Spirit Tracks.
So that pair thing doesn't really matter.

At no point in time has Nintendo used the same Link more then twice in a console Zelda game.

I really don't get why people are so in love with the Hero of Time. Its just another Link, just like NES Link and SNES Link, or GC Link(s).

Nintendo's already set a precedence with changing Link's with a new console. Plus, I like seeing the different Link designs they come up with.

link_twilight_princess2.jpg

This is probably my favorite Link design. If they stuck with the Hero of Time, they really couldn't change it much (without pissing the hardcore Ocarina fans off). By changing Link, it allows them to come up with different designs.

Seriously, look at how different the character has looked from game to game.

NotWii

Banned
The time travel/loop mechanics in Ocarina and Majora kicked the crap out of the stupid ocean in Wind Waker and the annoying Twilight realm (oh fun... collecting bugs as a wolf, sniffing scents as a wolf, BIG DEAL...) in Twilight Princess

So... YES

APZonerunner said:
Growth spurt!

They really don't need to revisit an old era of Zelda. The stories there are told and it will get to Scorcher IV levels of redundant with that Link always in the wrong place at the right time.

A new era and a new Link would be the best. Personally, I think the best route for them to take would be a detective version of Link. The game could even start out with this new Link delivering newspapers, eventually witnessing an event that sets the game into motion. Just a way to put a bit more focus on exploration and puzzles along with the combat. And that's just if they wanted to do something different.

wRATH2x

Banned
APZonerunner said:
For the record, Hero of Time Link does appear in a third game anyway.

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20061103051519836-000.jpg

This dude uses a metal version of the Deku Shield and alludes to being of the same blood as the hero himself.
He could be The Hero of Time. And like I said, a third game while you play as him.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
linkboy said:
I really don't get why people are so in love with the Hero of Time. Its just another Link, just like NES Link and SNES Link, or GC Link(s).
Not likely the case here, but you'll find that for many OoT was their first Zelda so the Hero of Time is their image of what makes Link.

I couldn't care less about what Link they choose, he has absolutely no personality. I wouldn't mind another Zelda that is as good as Majora's Mask though.

Marvie_3

Banned
linkboy said:
Oh, and I want a Zelda game that looks like this

normal_veiw-heras-tower.jpg
Something like this would be awesome. :D

Wii said:
(oh fun... collecting bugs as a wolf, sniffing scents as a wolf, BIG DEAL...)
Getting rid of some of this type of annoying crap would be awesome too.

Don't care about story or which Link links to who's past.

I want a massive Zelda world, crafted with the same logic of the Metroid / Zelda 1 design philosophy - Pick a direction, and try your luck, explore an expansive, living, breathing world. Twilight Princess was far too empty and lifeless, Phantom Hourglass didn't click with me.

I think the Three Dungeons > Plot Twist > Five Dungeons mechanic (or close approximation of that) established in A Link to the Past is getting old . I'd like the team to go back to Zelda 1 and think - what other direction can we take this?

linkboy

BGBW said:
Not likely the case here, but you'll find that for many OoT was their first Zelda so the Hero of Time is their image of what makes Link.

Oh, trust me, I know that. Its probably the only thing I hate about Ocarina. It was so good that it spawned a group of people who don't want anything to change regarding the series, and its probably the main reason why the series has gotten as stale as it has (Nintendo keeps trying to strike gold again and they've ran the gold claim dry).

Every time Nintendo tries to change Zelda, people bitch. They bitched about Majora's Mask when it was released (time changed that), they bitched about Wind Waker when it was released (time changed that) and there hasn't been enough time for Twilight Princess (but I think people will look at it in a different light when the next console Zelda comes out).

wRATH2x

Banned
linkboy said:
At no point in time has Nintendo used the same Link more then twice in a console Zelda game.
That really doesn't prove much, just because it didn't happen yet doesn't mean it wont happen. And I agree Link's design in Twilight Princess was great.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Wrath2X said:

i meant that you and your werewolf penis could have related to him better.

Top Bottom