• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today April 15, is Jackie Robinson day. Watch a game

240px-Jackie_Robinson_Day.png

On April 15 1947, Jackie Robinson made his MLB debut.

I'm not going to get into Jackie stats. We have a thread for his birthday that just past HERE!!!

Gaf, try to watch an MLB game today or tomorrow (if your team has an off day today). Everyone wearing 42. Special honor pre game. It's a special day. My Nationals will have it tomorrow. Surely you've noticed all teams have his number retired.

Better yet, get to a ball park if you can and see it live. It's a pretty special day imo.

Some of the events HERE!!!

Hope you can participate GAF

Been watching Sox/O's this morning. I will catch the Dodgers game later, probably the Phillies too (my bandwagon team this year)

R.I.P Jackie Robinson

Dude stole home 19 times, or something like that.

As a European, how would one watch a game on stream and is it as drawn out and slow as I've been told? Could always have it in the background as I'm doing other work, if just to participate and get a look at baseball.

MC Safety

You could celebrate the day by going to Taxpayer Field which was built as a shrine to the Brooklyn Dodgers and decorated with Dodgers' memorabilia. If you visited a couple of years ago, you'd have been surprised a modern-day baseball concern played there.

People who aren't fans of baseball can watch Homer at the Bat.

Top Bottom