• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today I got the weirdest offer ever (need help)

TimFL

Did half of you even read the OP?

He said that he knows her for a while, dated her, both were fine with no relationship and she explicitly said she only wants to marry to get a citizenship and willing to pay 15k for that.

There are pros and cons to this.

Pros:
- $15k
- Potentially sex (not sure if you‘re needy like that though)
- Not alone if you have trouble dating
Cons:
- Only $15k for a multi-year-effort
- Have to live a thought through lie for years (means you can‘t really date anyone properly)
- Hefty fines & issues if caught

There‘s shit like prenup that covers your ass in case of divorce etc.

That being said, don‘t do it because it‘ll handicap your life greatly... or it turns into one of these romcoms where both of you eventually fall in love.

Do it OP.
No, don‘t do it.
Maybe... ?
Nah you‘re better off not doing it... but maybe it turns out good?

xrnzaaas

Yeah good for you to say no. I don't know about the legal situation in your country, but potentially getting into trouble with the government or the risk of having to pay her alimony when she becomes permanent citizen isn't worth the trouble. If she's cute she'll find and marry someone else eventually and hopefully it's going to be for real.

Last edited:

OneBigPuss

This is a secret audition for 90-day fiance. Don't do it.
42mrcsu.png

Last edited:

hard_boiled

Neophyte
a girl I met a few months ago who's from outside of my country now offers me 15k € to merry her so she can go studying here.
This sounds like a scam. Even if she does pay you the 15K euro depending on your countries divorce laws & courts you could be on the hook for payments to her for the rest of your life if/when she divorces you. It could also be considered fraud.
Think about it this way, if she has 15K euro, she has the money to get a lawyer to get her a job & a uni slot in Austria, so why would she need to pay you 15K euro to marry her?

Kamina

Golden Boy
So, I try to keep this as short as possible and explain the whole situation.

Tl;dr: a girl I met a few months ago who's from outside of my country now offers me 15k € to merry her so she can go studying here.

A few weeks/months ago I dated a girl from tinder. She's from Peru and a really cute and good looking girl. She worked as an opair here but wanted to go studying in my Country (Austria). We met a few times had lots of Sex but I told her that I don't want a relationship, she was fine with that. She always worried about what would happen if she loses her job and so on. Well the last two to four weeks we didnt have so much contact anymore since she met someone and I didn't really care that much. Well now shes called me and offered me this weird plan and wants to give me 15k€ for merriyng her. This shit feels so weird.

I'm gonna ask her to be more specific since I still don't quite understand why she would need to be married.

Maybe some of you who are more experienced than me can give me some clarification wtf is Goin onnnnn
Alter Verwalter

Dude, this sounds weird.
Where would she have 15k from suddenly? Also I dont think our country cares much; as long as she works and pays taxes they wont send her home.

Last edited:

Starfield

This sounds like a scam. Even if she does pay you the 15K euro depending on your countries divorce laws & courts you could be on the hook for payments to her for the rest of your life if/when she divorces you. It could also be considered fraud.
Think about it this way, if she has 15K euro, she has the money to get a lawyer to get her a job & a uni slot in Austria, so why would she need to pay you 15K euro to marry her?
that was one of the major factors why i declined. not that she had the money bc she doesnt. she wants to pay me in the span of 4 years.

FUCKING NOPE

Kamina

Golden Boy
that was one of the major factors why i declined. not that she had the money bc she doesnt. she wants to pay me in the span of 4 years.

FUCKING NOPE
Tell her you need some pussy to help you decide.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

eddie4

Genuinely Generous

FUCKING NOPE
So she wanted you to marry her for about 300 euros a month? Nah. Seems to me you marry her, she comes over, gets her papers in order and stops paying you. You can't really do much at that point other than divorce, and you can't really go to the authorities because you accepted her offer.

sircaw

Banned
you're going to end up getting blackmailed.

i suggest you walk away.

she will get deported you will go to jail, she will hold it over your head.

Jtibh

Banned
Give your 15k and i set you up here woth some cowgirl.

Nah man. I heard this shit too many times.
Asians and south americans do that here all the time and its a fuck up.
Get ready to sign a goverment contract where you are liable for her in every way till she gets citizenship.
So she gets sick you pay. She is out of work you pay.
Anything she needs you will have to pay.

Fuck that man. Big nooooooooo

You want to make stupid mistakes take a hammer to your dick.
It will hurt less in the long run.

Again big fucking nooooooooooo

There's a couple in this house who did this, a jobless scam artist and a crazy nutjob filipina woman. oh lemme tell you how well this has gone....

-they would fight daily and we would need to call the cops at 3 am 3 times a week
- if you even looked in her general direction she would burst into "whyyouharssmefuckyouharassmeyoufuckingrapeyoufuckingharrassericallpolice!"
- she is extremely violent and ive seen her throw power hand saws and a hammer at him then if the cops come she pretends to be the victim and breaks down crying and saying shes scared
- she would call cops on him all the time because they would fight that he is sleeping with black hookers, "why you fuck n****" oh yea she was loudly racist. Once she called and the cops were looking for him so he hid under the houses crawlspace for 3 days.
- i once picked some grapefruit from a tree and asked if he wanted some since he was working nearbye , she came out crossed her armns and starts yelling "why you talk to him why you disturb quiet wife and husband time? you want to fuck him is that why?"
-His side of the house looks like something out of Sandford and son
- this has gone on for four years, for two years they have been evicted since they dont pay rent, the process has taken over two years now because they got a lawyer and are suing the landlady that his wife broke her jaw on stairs that are not up to code, in reality he prob punched her, this continues to drag on despite 5-6 resident including myself writing letters in the landladies defense. A year ago he ripped out the security camera box and disposed of it to get rid of all the footage before suing. everyone here wants them gone because she is a psycho and hes a meth head scam artist. They have been on their "best" behavior since we got new security cameras...every now and again i hear an argument but they keep it in their room now...i caught one incident on camera where he slams her to the ground and drives away dragging her because shes trying to pull him out of a car...cops did nothing, i saved the video for my landlady though. He tries to find every loophole law he can to try and make more trouble. The landlady comes to the house to clean a lot...he films her cleaning and calls the cops each time saying shes here illegally....we all had to go outside to explain to the cops and then they just left.

California laws are fucking retarded

TL/DR: you can cut your dick off and sell it for more and youll prob end up with the same result. ie dont do it

Last edited:
Top Bottom