• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today I killed my PS4 Pro and don't regret it one bit

OP I wish you a fun time with your new console. The S is just fine . Not gonna pile on like so many others . My advice is to do the fix and sell. You did nothing wrong , ps4 pro is loud as a mofo on some games. Just bad luck and or execution with the power dealy. Fuck these keyboard haters.

Last edited:

MilkLizard

Thanks. It's readily available here. PS5 and Series X is not.
I don't care for ultra super duper 4K gaming. I just want to game in relative silence and GamePass will save me a couple pennies until I get either of the two big boys (PS5 or Series X)

You will. My external HDD I have connected to my S is louder than the console itself.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Long story short, you got owned by a pair of pliers and its somehow Sonys fault
Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Why would you not regret losing access to something you paid money for and spent a lot of time with?
I was looking forward to replacing my Pro with a PS5 but that will have to wait another few months. I lost money on the console cause I fucked it up trying to clean it to resolve the noise issues. So what, it's my money and I have another console lined up until I get a PS5. It really is no big deal to me if I break the Series S as well 🤣

Blames Sony for your clumsy fat fingers. That's a new one.
Clumsy? Yes. Fat fingers? No 🤣

I'm still waiting for the 60$ Gamepass games you'll be playing at 900p on your S? Funny how you seem to totally ignore any posts that talk about the games.

Don't forget to tell us your Xbox username. Kagey and CatLady will add you asap.
I have an idea of the games I want to play in mind so it's no big deal wether they are $60 or $10. It's the excitement of trying something new that will keep me going through the GamePass catalogue.
I'm sure they add a couple games every few weeks which is alright by me.

Trimesh

Banned
Man my Pro is load as hell in some games. It's annoying, yes. But now feel so outraged, go to fuck up a company and the whole world for this? I understood if it doesn't work but Jeez the fuck going on in some mind

Happens sometimes - I can remember swearing at Chrysler and their fondness for interference engines when I bent the valves on my 345 Hemi, although it was 100% my fault. In that case, it really is better to just walk away for a bit then come back and fix it when you are less annoyed.

mxbison

Playing Ghost of Tsushima right now and the fans are annoying as hell. I guess it'll be the same with FF7 Remake.

I really hope the PS5 stays quiet, wasn't really an issue at PS4pro launch either...

GeorgPrime

Banned
As per thread title i got so frustrated with this fucking thing kicking into 100% fan speed, I got out my thermal paste and compressed air to clean this noisy bastard.

Long story short I fucked up the power supply connector accidently while trying to pry it loose with pliers. Instead of the connector loosening, the whole fucking connector to the board just fell off.

Fuck you Sony. Fuck you long time. You make wonderful games but your hardware and build quality of a fucking embarrassment to consumers.
Yes I could have taken my console over to a pro to clean but I have done this before with 0 issue and it did improve for a few months (noise wise) but then it slowly returned to jet mode. I should not have to open up my console to make it quiet. So fuck you again Sony.

Now I'm going to put this thing on display in my TV cabinet. I created this thread to rant a little but there are some positives here. I get to give Sony a break and I'm going to be picking up an Xbox Series S next week and make sure I get gamepass ultimate and jam on Xbox for a while. I hope my SteelSeries 7 is compatible with Xbox.

I will drop my Xbox username here and I hope to hook up with some of you guys on Xbox soon.

Have a great weekend guys

Congratulation. You finished the first step of becoming a beta male.

1. Victimize yourself - Done

Now follow the 6 other steps. You can do it!

;)

Last edited:

K' Dash

Long story short, you got owned by a pair of pliers and its Sonys fault
Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

that's what happens when you buy shit, half assed, *might as well be broken* hardware. There's a point when enough is enough and you just take the risk and don't care if the system breaks.

I waited to play GOT and TLO2 and never touched that piece of shit again, it was unplayable unless I used my XM4 and cancelled out that fucking turbine.

Since this forum is a Sony jerk off echo chamber, I expected all the retards coming in here to defend that failure of engineering. Boy was I right.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
that's what happens when you buy shit, half assed, *might as well be broken* hardware. There's a point when enough is enough and you just take the risk and don't care if the system breaks.

I waited to play GOT and TLO2 and never touched that piece of shit again, it was unplayable unless I used my XM4 and cancelled out that fucking turbine.

Since this forum is a Sony jerk off echo chamber, I expected all the retards coming in here to defend that failure of engineering. Boy was I right.

Cool story, except i owned a PS4 for years, and then also a PS4 Pro for years and never had any of the "failures of engineering" you're drooling about :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

assurdum

Banned

Take a long breath before to post. A louder hardware is not necessarily a failure of engineering. No need to discuss about the others mental deficiency, because read someone insult so vehemently a piece a plastic just for the noise and call retarded everyone who laughed about it, doesn't give exactly a generous picture of his intellect.

Last edited:

Daymos

Thanks for letting me know I should never try to reapply the thermal paste on ps4 pro.

What I did was break most of the snaps off the top so I can pop it up easily and now I pop it open once a month and blow the dust out. It seems to help, gets louder as the month goes on.

I just put headphones on and ignore it.

BINGO

Last edited:

Neff

This is the kind of thing that hardly I would ever want to try it for myself
It's pretty straightforward. All of the pieces come apart and go back together again without difficulty if you're careful. I've struggled more fixing Dualshock 3s.

Top Bottom