Today the injunction by the Obama judge was lifted after he reinstated it after it was lifted

Dec 22, 2007
...Attorney General Bill Barr...
I guess you could say this injunction was a... Paper Tigar!

We need a Ko rule in the judicial system.
That would make finding compromises even more difficult, I would think. Though it would help avoid the constant 'Undo all the stuff the previous president did' mentalities which exist in seemingly all elections. So.... maybe?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
That would make finding compromises even more difficult, I would think. Though it would help avoid the constant 'Undo all the stuff the previous president did' mentalities which exist in seemingly all elections. So.... maybe?
It would be really hard to determine when something is 'ko' or not since the situation changes i.e. "we can't implement this law and then just take it away when that politician gets voted out of office... that would be KO!"

I think democratic jostling and backpedaling are an expected part of the system, unfortunately, but there are advantages to a slow government.

It's fun to think about, though. :)

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
higher courts will have to figure it out tho it's probably gonna keep getting thrown to the wolves until a ruling that isn't caked in gibberish comes along

Last edited:
Reactions: pramod

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
The Ninth circuit needs to get their shit together. They are hurting the U.S. by being adversarial to the executive branch over powers he explicitly has by nature of the office.

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa
I think the lower courts should only be able to issue injunctions that affect their jurisdiction. I realize this would create an implementation nightmare, but I think it is better than 94 federal districts having the ability to issue nationwide injunctions that override the president, congress, or both in the case of duly passed laws. With that many District Judges, you can just judge shop and file your lawsuit with a partisan hack judge that aligns with you.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Jun 13, 2014
USA
7-2 with RBG and Sotomayor dissenting.
Love it.

The Ninth circuit needs to get their shit together. They are hurting the U.S. by being adversarial to the executive branch over powers he explicitly has by nature of the office.
It seems the only recourse for judges who refuse to apply the law is the democratic process picking the next executive. This is the price the progressive left paid for pushing through so much social engineering through the courts - the Republicans can rally a ton of people who come out for Presidential elections just to vote based on the judges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teletraan1