• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
you know, looking back

none of the Gaim characters really do it for me outside of Hawktiger and Salesman, but they have less screentime than the rest of the cast

shaowebb

Took more Melatonin.
Nothin. :(
Noooooo...I wanna know who the secondary Rider was for tag team bits and if we'd get a two person Rider Finisher... ;_;
#melatoninyadonefailedmeson

Boss Doggie

New scans!

Ex-Aid
Holy fucking shit, TRUE Taddle Quest vs Taddle Fantasy, both suits look glorious! Bang Bang Simulation looks hilarious and silly, with a bigass boat on Snipe's chest like that of Formula. Juju Burger and the "Burgster" is hilarious looking and so whacked out! Also looks like Safari Gashat and Bang Bang Tank, both from the specials, are just repaints (Dragon Knight Hunter Z and well Bang Bang Shooting) although Safari is a bit more creative.

Zyuohger
Fuck yeah Yamato's version of All Beast Unleashed! End game is not stopping in its brakes!

Also the Chou Super Hero Taisen looks hype. No Rider vs Ranger, instead it looks like some faction-based war, since we see Riders fighting each other as well as Rangers fighting each other.

Tiu Neo

New scans!

Ex-Aid
Holy fucking shit, TRUE Taddle Quest vs Taddle Fantasy, both suits look glorious! Bang Bang Simulation looks hilarious and silly, with a bigass boat on Snipe's chest like that of Formula. Juju Burger and the "Burgster" is hilarious looking and so whacked out! Also looks like Safari Gashat and Bang Bang Tank, both from the specials, are just repaints (Dragon Knight Hunter Z and well Bang Bang Shooting) although Safari is a bit more creative.

Zyuohger
Fuck yeah Yamato's version of All Beast Unleashed! End game is not stopping in its brakes!

Also the Chou Super Hero Taisen looks hype. No Rider vs Ranger, instead it looks like some faction-based war, since we see Riders fighting each other as well as Rangers fighting each other.

Ex-Aid:

I kinda like True Taddle Quest and Fantasy. It kinda fits the games they were based on.
And Safari is kinda creative for a repaint, if a bit ugly.
The rest... ugh. Well, about the same level as most of the other suits?

Zyuohger:

Normally those last-episode/final arc new forms are just lazy recycles, and maybe you could say this is one too (it probably is), but whoa, this looks good.

Slayven

hvarms_02.jpg

WarRock

you know, looking back

none of the Gaim characters really do it for me outside of Hawktiger and Salesman, but they have less screentime than the rest of the cast
No misters Dangerous & Knuckleman?

But yeah, it's almost like the less screen time, the more interesting is the character in Gaim. The bar owner (and the waitress), first fourth Sid/Sagara... Even some of the random dance crew members.

javadoze

you know, looking back

In particular, Kouta and Kaito fall pretty flat in regards to their character writing (their actors go a long way in selling their roles, thankfully enough).

you know, looking back

How dare you besmirch the Knuckleman.

Early Bravo, Knuckleman, Hawktiger, Salesman, and Emo Doctor are all great.

Kouta gets by on the actor's charm and gusto.

What Gaim understood is that honestly, we just want to see every goddamn member of the supporting cast henshin at least once.

Boss Doggie

No misters Dangerous & Knuckleman?

But yeah, it's almost like the less screen time, the more interesting is the character in Gaim. The bar owner (and the waitress), first fourth Sid/Sagara... Even some of the random dance crew members.
How dare you besmirch the Knuckleman.

Early Bravo, Knuckleman, Hawktiger, Salesman, and Emo Doctor are all great.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Oren and Zack, but the former kinda lost his luster early on and became a gag character, whereas the latter came too late.

Who's Emo Doctor? If you mean Ryoma, that's who I meant by Salesman (a joke on the Aesir subs, Ryoma Warren becoming Warren Statesman). I'm not referring to "does nothing but be a cranky old person" Sid.

Boss Doggie

surprised this wasn't posted here a few days ago btw

https://news.nifty.com/article/entame/showbizd/12104-73890/

Kamen Rider Hibiki's actor, Shigeki Hosokawa, was fired by TVAsahi. He was rough with the staff and managers. He was apparently known for his bad attitude, excessive abuse of power, thinks of himself as a super celebrity even after Hibiki, and does stuff like contract talks must be done on grand hotels or demands bringing lawyers and threatening to sue the company for warning him on his bad behavior.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
New scans seem to imply that Kyurangers will fight across different planets in the galaxy since monsters of the week are magistrates who are put in charge of planets Dark Matter control, even when they happen to look like Tokyo. I find it hard to believe but maybe producers are desperate enough for a fresh take.

WarRock

I remember when people were hopeful that the Kyoryugers would travel around the world, searching for dinos, every few episodes.

Boss Doggie

Yay Kyuranger scans. Nothing much new outside of the villains though.

I can't describe the mooks this season.

WarRock

Seeing the latest scans all I can think of is "can't wait to see how awful the last mech combination is going to look, with 20 giant spheres around its body".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninja Steel 2

... Still not into it. Dino Charge did a way better job in two episodes than this did.

Acting is still off. I do appreciate that Calvin and Hayley are already a couple, but being for babies means the most we'll get is hand-holding. How have we gone backwards from The Green Candle?

Maaan the Ninninger suits are so shiny in comparison.

So we got the Zords. I predicted that their respective items would become the Zords, hence all that on-the-nose foreshadowing. Nope! Anyone else find it weird that Red Bot and the Robo Zord are somehow two completely different things?

I'm surprised they didn't go Megazord though, that's an interesting change. And they're setting up Gold Ranger stuff really early.

Music is still off-putting. It's different but still overbearing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
why did they change the morphers to the star thing? To be able to sell it?

Apparently Bandai really wanted to sell them and enforced the change. I imagine Lynn and crew would have kept the standard morph if allowed (hell, they kept Kyoryuger's and that's using a gun).

WillyFive

Theme song doesn't seem as good as the usual Sentai fare; but this is the type of practical effect spectacle that I like to see:

shuttle.gif

As an aside, Power Rangers special effects are so poor; that morphing sequence is visually boring as heck. Looks straight out of Sony Vegas stock effects. The acting and sound effect work is so bad it reminds me of the Kalish era.

I wonder how long all that miniature work will last?

If past shows are any indication, it will last only through the 1st half of the show.

vareon

What's up with the space ship effects? Is it unfinished or something?

Part of me wishes that Kyuranger is not a 50ish episode series but rather a shorter, tighter one.

Top Bottom