• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Dark Souls (Fan art) Would you play this?

Comandr

Yeah I totally would. This looks sweet. I'd love to see more fantasy games in a realistic/modern setting like this.

Vertti

Would be kinda SMT x Dark Souls. It could be great.

Though something like Roger Dean x Dark Souls or H.R Giger x Dark Souls would be even better.

I'd prefer just a straight up scifi/cyberpunk setting over otaku version of modern Tokyo. Don't really care about the overuse of tropes you see in games with settings like that. I liked Souls games because they stood apart from your typical anime JRPG.

yaffi

I was searching for these pictures and couldn't find them; thanks for posting this!

And yes, I would love playing this.

convo

Using traffic signs as weapons seems like such a high level technique to use in real life.
If nothing else using a real life setting gives it a unique feeling of familiarity that is shown off in that fanart.

cluto

I guess, but honestly I'd rather have that Mayan or Aztec setting fighting off faceless conquistadors and mythological creatures in the jungle and stone pyramid cities.

Oh yes, that's just lovely.

I still want a Sci Fi Souls first, but a magical modern apocalypse game in that still could be rad.

Kuraudo

Banned
Yeah, a moden day Souls is probably my most wished for game (alongside a Platinum-developed FF spin-off).

That concept looks incredible.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sure, I'd most likely play it. But it certainly doesn't have that atmosphere of death and despair that is a big part of the Souls experience.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Refine the glorious Let It Die gameplay to be more like Dark Souls (and less F2P feeling) and you've got this to a certain degree. Definitely would have me more interested than the fantasy shit that DS is currently set in. I mean, I love the DS games, but I don't care for fantasy too much anymore.

So yeah, do this right and I'd play it so so so fucking hard.

Mandoric

Banned
I love the エストミン flask, and an environmental weapon system like Dead Rising's combined with Souls-style action would be fascinating.

I think it would lose a lot for overseas audiences who wouldn't be fighting through familiar neighborhoods, though. Even in this thread, people aren't feeling the atmosphere of decay.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Love the aesthetic. A couple of those pictures (the golem made of street signs and the tank pic especially) remind me of Kaidan from The Secret World.

Top Bottom