• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2009

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Totobeni said:
so this is 360 exclusive now ?

In Japan, seems they're splitting it into two games. Gestalt and Replicant. The latter is probably for PS3, to be revealed next week.

This is the only thing that matters:

e8r9kj.jpg

And Birth by Sleep, FFXIII and Capcom.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Why do we always do this to ourselves? It's gonna be disappointmenton again, just like last time.

Dascu

Shadow780 said:
teh fack?

Which one plays as the girl?
Both, since the screens for Nier Gestalt show the girl character playable as well. I'm guessing Replicant (PS3) will focus on the girl though, while Gestalt (Xbox) focuses on the man. I suppose we'll find out next week.

harSon

Banned
rockman zx said:
This is the only thing that mathers:

e8r9kj.jpg

And Birth by Sleep, FFXIII and Capcom.

I doubt Itagaki's game is anywhere near presentable, about the most we'd get is an announcement of a project (Similar to how Sony Announced Agent), maybe a CG trailer is we're lucky but I really doubt it/

harSon said:
I doubt Sakaguchi's game is anywhere near presentable, about the most we'd get is an announcement of a project (Similar to how Sony Announced Agent), maybe a CG trailer is we're lucky but I really doubt it/

Dude, the guy in the pic is Itagaki :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kagari said:
In Japan, seems they're splitting it into two games. Gestalt and Replicant. The latter is probably for PS3, to be revealed next week.

:lol , so Wada still on his strategy on Square-Enix HD front .

I don't blame him tho , if a publisher give me big money for exclusivity I will go for it instead of gambling with unsecured road with the sales of my game on two systems that not so popular in Japan .

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Reminds me of the T-rex from toy story.

oh lord, THANK YOU, i've been trying to think of where i saw that dino-face ALL frigging day!

JGAF representin... nt.

I -WILL NOT- be at TGS this year - can't risk a pax style swine flu infection and i really want to spend some time with my family. And, well, actual TGS is 1000% crapper than Internet TGS. The best thing about TGS is meeting people (half of who are probably not coming due to Swine flu PAX infections!)

plus - can't really afford the day off - only got 3 left for this year.

I will be around in the weeks prior for meet ups etc. PM etc etc.

I hope Mistwalker announces LO 2. I am also hoping that the Reach rumors are true, it makes sense for MS to show some footage of it and use it to sell some people on ODST.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder if Image Eepoch's PSP Action game is a version of Nier. Nier looks pretty shitty so far.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Konami
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP) - Playable
-Winning Eleven 2010 (PS3/Wii/360) - Playable
-Winning Eleven Play Maker 2010 (Wii) - Playable
-5 additional games

I hope one is Resident Evil 6.

Shirokun

Konami
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP) - Playable
-Winning Eleven 2010 (PS3/Wii/360) - Playable
-Winning Eleven Play Maker 2010 (Wii) - Playable
-5 additional games

Suikoden VI for Wii/PSP! @o@

*ahem

Silly question, but does Tokyo Game Show cost anything to attend? I'll be in Tokyo from next week on, and I'd really like to make it one of the days.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Silly question, but does Tokyo Game Show cost anything to attend?

yes, about 1200 yen or so usually.

(not if you go on press day and have a press pass though - that's free)

jett

D-Member
Totobeni said:
:lol , so Wada still on his strategy on Square-Enix HD front .

I don't blame him tho , if a publisher give me big money for exclusivity I will go for it instead of gambling with unsecured road with the sales of my game on two systems that not so popular in Japan .

The amount of moneyhats they got from Microsoft must have been monumental, really. :p

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
canova said:
Any chance we hear DMC5 here?

I've been calling that for the last year or so. I imagine I'll get it right sooner or later.

Fredrik

jett said:
The amount of moneyhats they got from Microsoft must have been monumental, really. :p
I'd say the biggest money hats comes from Sony since they'll have the girl in panties version ;)

(Interest in PS3 version rising everywhere in 1...2...3)

squall211

yankeehater said:
I hope Mistwalker announces LO 2. I am also hoping that the Reach rumors are true, it makes sense for MS to show some footage of it and use it to sell some people on ODST.

I would LOVE to see LO2 announced.

Whew thank God some genius at Square-Enix/Cavia got the bright idea to include a female character in Nier. As a bonus she's not wearing ugly-ass sandals that make her look like a vagrant.

duckroll

Sipowicz said:
i wouldn't mind that either but it would make me less interested in the xbox

do you know something?

No, I just think it would be funny. I don't expect to see anything from Itagaki for quite a while. Sakaguchi on the other hand... who knows. I've been doing my duty buying Mistwalker games, but it isn't looking good for them. :(

All I'm really looking forward to is XBLA releases and more arcade ports.
Everything else is well..whatever. Just a bunch of RPGs and 3D stuff. Whoo.

Wizardry PS3/DS is gonna be the shit though. Totally getting those.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TheKurgan said:
That is all I am interested in.

SCEJ should focus on GT PSP in this TGS , putting GT5 next to GT PSP in TGS may lead some of PSP-PS3 owners to wait for the superior GT , and they can make special event for GT5 later .

Rad said:
Guchi better not jump to Wii. :( I have a feeling he will tho.

hu , why not ? Sakaguchi -sama should share his greatness with all gamers in the world .

duckroll said:
No, I just think it would be funny. I don't expect to see anything from Itagaki for quite a while. Sakaguchi on the other hand... who knows. I've been doing my duty buying Mistwalker games, but it isn't looking good for them. :(

so that was you ..poor thing :p

duckroll

ChoklitReign said:
How the hell is Assassin's Creed II not playable? It's only 2 months away from release so it must be almost gold by now.

Is it 2 months away in Japan? Does anyone in Japan even care about AC2?

omg rite said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement, plz.
That is SO not getting announced in 2009. You'll have to wait not only for Birth By Sleep to come out so everyone can see the teaser video at the end - you may also need to wait for a BBS Final Mix with a SECOND teaser video. AND you will almost certainly need to wait for Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be finished, since the main KH team is working on that - though the RE:CoM folks working on BBS look like they're pretty much becoming KH Team #2 at this point, especially since BBS looks like it stands a good chance of having the best gameplay in the series so far. At any rate, KH3 is a long way off and at this point who knows what platform it'll be on.

Kaako said:
Where the fuck is Onimusha 5?
canova said:
Any chance we hear DMC5 here?
I too share these concerns.

Top Bottom