• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

geez this chapter is savage, still wondering what the "dragon" is, so will this end on next chapter? If it does I guess we will only have 13 volumes.

Don't believe in Ishida's lies, I'm expecting 10 more chapters of an epilogue.

poor zero squad, hope at least Hirako made it out alive.

oh ken...

WSl3DGt.jpg

BigAl1992

Me reading the chapter: Uh huh. Uh huh. Yeah. Ok cool. Standard fare for Tokyo Ghoul. So why is it then I feel like I'm watching LOTR: The Two Towers here, and I can see Gandalf atop a white Horse on that ridge over there?

Anteater

It's surely just another bait from Ishida trying to mislead us again for shock values, wait for that asspull with Hide he had planned :p

He'll probably going to pretend Touka's group got slaughtered next chapter, then skip over to Urie's side after "credits" and do the "during that 6hours gap with Marude and co" and somehow they make it on time to save the Goat.

or that's what he likes us to think and it ends here, lol

Mifec

It's surely just another bait from Ishida trying to mislead us again for shock values, wait for that asspull with Hide he had planned :p

He'll probably going to pretend Touka's group got slaughtered next chapter, then skip over to Urie's side after "credits" and do the "during that 6hours gap with Marude and co" and somehow they make it on time to save the Goat.

or that's what he likes us to think and it ends here, lol

I'm just glad Mutsuki is out of commission or she'd have a nice little Ken doll now.

Yeah I'm seeing Marude and Hide's group saving everyone. Though it might just go to a timeskip to part 3 after they already did.

On another note I was thinking Ken needs to cannibalize or else he's gonna age and die prematurely, I could see Ishida letting him get to the underground and eating the giant nagas for that.

Arima, and Eto died for this shit.

The tragedy repeats. Kaneki did the same thing he did last time. I can't help but feel that there is something "off" about this whole thing. Something happened in the fight that Ishida explicitly did not show.

Hide, Maruade, Ayato, and the underground please arrive!!!

The tragedy repeats. Kaneki did the same thing he did last time. I can't help but feel that there is something "off" about this whole thing. Something happened in the fight that Ishida explicitly did not show.

Kaneki literally got off paneled AGAIN. By the best of CCG AGAIN.

Mifec

What happened is that a Kaneki who wasn't eating got rekt by Suzya in his prime who also had his little manservant in his own Arata armor as backup.

No way Hide will let these guys take Kaneki out.

Ishida ending with many questions left unanswered, and a shocking ending seems deliberate. This is a great way for people to buy the next part of the trilogy...

Anteater

Still not convinced it'll end next chapter though. Still only 13 volumes in :re :p while 14 in TG. I do think Ishida could do a 3rd part. It could end with 13 volumes but I feel like Ishida is too obsessed with that whole parallel thing to allow that to happen.

Furuta: "When it matters most, you only rely on only yourself, a bit of a bad habit I suppose"

This is why his bro Hide is going to back him up~

Mifec

Still not convinced it'll end next chapter though. Still only 13 volumes in :re :p while 14 in TG. I do think Ishida could do a 3rd part. It could end with 13 volumes but I feel like Ishida is too obsessed with that whole parallel thing to allow that to happen.

Furuta: "When it matters most, you only rely on only yourself, a bit of a bad habit I suppose"

This is why his bro Hide is going to back him up~

I think we're just getting a part 3 straight up after the next chap. First one ended on 143 followed up by an epilogue too.

Anteater

Ishida got the last laugh >_>

Announcement coming regarding Tokyo Ghoul:re on October 12th.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TokyoGhoul/comments/73t1qn/important_announcement_concerning_tokyo_ghoulre/

Flashbacks to the original TG ending . TG:re is looking to be over, and the next installment will be announced on the special issue like last time.

nooooo tell me it ain't true, don't mind a 3rd part but this ending is more rushed than the original TG, I need my Hide and Ken reunion man :'( Ken is jobbing like Amon who jobbed like Yamcha

Kyuur

Anyone who thought we wouldn't be getting a parallel ending was trippin'. Sequel here we come -- if Kaneki isn't res'd maybe he'll become a quinque for Urie or something.

Anteater

Anyone who thought we wouldn't be getting a parallel ending was trippin'. Sequel here we come -- if Kaneki isn't res'd maybe he'll become a quinque for Urie or something.

where's the hide and ken reunion tho for parallelism, i'm totally expecting hide to come in and say "dude i'm here, fight to the end" or some shit, I really can't see it ending without the two's reunion, this shit is fake news man :(

phaze

Ken eats all 101 Oggais in the next chapter. Bookmark this post.

Maybe it's my denial kicking in but I honestly believe that to be the case and that Ishida is just trolling right now. There is a reason why literally all 101 of them gathered there and it's to become Ken's snack.

As for the chapter. Was honestly hyped as hell when I saw Kaneki's kakuja so the end result and the off panelling rub me the very wrong way. Also not sure If I buy Juuzou&Hanbee winning like that unless Arima really didn't went all the way in Cochlea.

BigAl1992

Maybe it's my denial kicking in but I honestly believe that to be the case and that Ishida is just trolling right now. There is a reason why literally all 101 of them gathered there and it's to become Ken's snack.

As for the chapter. Was honestly hyped as hell when I saw Kaneki's kakuja so the end result end the off panelling rub me the very wrong way. Also not sure If I buy Juuzou&Hanbee winning like that unless Arima really didn't went all the way in Cochlea.

How about a hot take; What if it's Hide?

Kyuur

where's the hide and ken reunion tho for parallelism, i'm totally expecting hide to come in and say "dude i'm here, fight to the end" or some shit, I really can't see it ending without the two's reunion, this shit is fake news man :(

He met up with Urie and that's all you're getting!

As for the chapter. Was honestly hyped as hell when I saw Kaneki's kakuja so the end result end the off panelling rub me the very wrong way. Also not sure If I buy Juuzou&Hanbee winning like that unless Arima really didn't went all the way in Cochlea.

Maybe my memory is off but didn't Arima still not break a sweat there and then committed suicide?

phaze

How about a hot take; What if it's Hide?

The defeated Kaneki ? Doubt it. I thought it might have been Uta who saved Hinami but with all the monologues in this chapter it's 99.99% Kaneki.

He met up with Urie and that's all you're getting!

Maybe my memory is off but didn't Arima still not break a sweat there and then committed suicide?

Wel,l Arima says that it's the first time he is faced with an opponent he cannot handle or something so I assumed that to mean that he did his best in the second half of the fight.

Anteater

Arima went easy on him, don't know if it was worth it other than the fact Arima didn't have much time left. Ken can't even regenerate, he's reached his limit like Furuta said, I'm sure Ken is skilled but he's not at his prime now and the dude needs to eat or cannibalize, I really really hope Hide backs him up because this can't be the end and Ishida knows it and is doing this shit on purpose for the sake of being dramatic, Ken is going the way of Arata too being taken out by 2 dudes lmao.

I really think this isn't the end because even in the clown's perspective, this is a shit ending, Furuta originally wanted a final boss and that hasn't happened yet.

yeah that surprised me, those kids... supposedly relying on Ken as their only hope, it's basically Jason again :(. I hope Hirako is alright

also the art is especially detailed for the 0 kids, maan

BigAl1992

The defeated Kaneki ? Doubt it. I thought it might have been Uta who saved Hinami but with all the monologues in this chapter it's 99.99% Kaneki.

Wel,l Arima says that it's the first time he is faced with an opponent he cannot handle or something so I assumed that to mean that he did his best in the second half of the fight.

I should have made myself clearer. I meant Hide being fated to be Ken's "Snack"

Mortemis

Banned
Another off panel fight lmao. I mean if I was a betting man I'd go with Suzuya with Arata armor over a starved Kaneki but damn.

Game Over lolol

Kyuur

With all of the off-panels I sort of wonder if one of his editors told him that his fights were too hard to follow, so he just opted to stop doing them altogether.

Anteater

With all of the off-panels I sort of wonder if one of his editors told him that his fights were too hard to follow, so he just opted to stop doing them altogether.

nah ishida is just too obsessed with that parallelism shit that he has to rush most of :re just to "end" with the same amount of chapters as TG

it's honestly quite a feat that he's able to pull it off...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This is bad writing.

I see no logical reason for this chapter(or last chapter for that matter) to exist.

Depending on what happens next chapter, i might be dropping this series. A shame because i really liked it.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The power levels in :re have always been shit and in a constant state of flux. Tertiary characters just start annihilating everyone,fucking everything up and hanging with characters that they have no right to be. The power levels in here are as bad as the shit that's happening in Dragon Ball Super.

I thought the power levels became shit when Shachi beat the shit out of Kaneki, and Shachi was beaten by Arima and then Kaneki beats Arima. it just doesn't make sense and the same is true here. Juuzo was getting smashed by Eto along with 3-4 other veteran Investigators and now I'm supposed to believe that just because he's wearing an upgraded Arata and has a buddy who has one on as well that he's going to beat someone who beat Eto, the person that beat him?

There's no sense of consistency here. I don't know why I let this bother me so, I've accepted it and it still gets to me. I just want Ishida to just finish this shit and be done with it. As it stands now, :re is a wreck compared to TG and Jack in all categories and the story hasn't really progressed at all.

This is bad writing.

I see no logical reason for this chapter(or last chapter for that matter) to exist.

Depending on what happens next chapter, i might be dropping this series. A shame because i really liked it.

It's not bad writing.

You just don't like what's written.

Which is fair enough, but it shouldn't surprise you at this point considering what an edgelord the mangaka is.

Resonance

why ishida

The power levels in :re have always been shit and in a constant state of flux. Tertiary characters just start annihilating everyone,fucking everything up and hanging with characters that they have no right to be. The power levels in here are as bad as the shit that's happening in Dragon Ball Super.

I thought the power levels became shit when Shachi beat the shit out of Kaneki, and Shachi was beaten by Arima and then Kaneki beats Arima. it just doesn't make sense and the same is true here. Juuzo was getting smashed by Eto along with 3-4 other veteran Investigators and now I'm supposed to believe that just because he's wearing an upgraded Arata and has a buddy who has one on as well that he's going to beat someone who beat Eto, the person that beat him?

There's no sense of consistency here. I don't know why I let this bother me so, I've accepted it and it still gets to me. I just want Ishida to just finish this shit and be done with it. As it stands now, :re is a wreck compared to TG and Jack in all categories and the story hasn't really progressed at all.

I think Shachi's win against Kaneki was fair; not only was Shachi more experienced but Kaneki was getting a bit cocky at the time. For Shachi vs Arima, Arima was already getting hyped as the strongest person in the series so it is no surprise that he lost. I do wish Shachi put up more of a fight, however. Actually, I think it would have been better if he lived. I liked his character design

Remember that Kaneki fought in a famished state.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's not bad writing.

You just don't like what's written.

No, its bad writing. The fact that this entire arc was rushed in the first place just to get to a "symbolic" 143 chapter ending proves by default that it was a lazy result.

And on top of that, i would argue that it was anticlimactic, furuta became a bad parody of some evil omnipresent villain who had all the answers out of nowhere, worse than Aizen in bleach. And right at the end, we have kaneki showing up out of nowhere when there was literally no way he could have appeared there so fast while being in the forest having committed to making his decision just a few chapters ago.

This result served no purpose but to throw a bone to some people who might have been complaining there was not enough shallow shock factor to the proceedings and "lol parallels". There was no point to RE even existing or Kaneki and his group even being in it considering this result.

No, i don't want to hear any nonsense apologists defending the indefensible. As i said before, i'll give it till next chapter to see if Ishida is really going to do this, and if so, i'm out.

Allonym

Yea I acknowledge that but I don't think that Kaneki was eating when he was a member of the CCG as Haise Sasaki, correct? Didn't stop him from beating Arima (which was bs), beating Eto (possibly bs), stalemating/kinda beating Takizawa and making Furuta retreat like a little bitch when they had there little encounter after the formation of Black Goat.

Amon please fucking save Ken. I don't really even care for Ken but this shit is starting to become like GoT where it's a labor to watch it unfold because the good guys are just getting steamrolled.

Yea I acknowledge that but I don't think that Kaneki was eating when he was a member of the CCG as Haise Sasaki, correct? Didn't stop him from beating Arima (which was bs), beating Eto (possibly bs), stalemating/kinda beating Takizawa and making Furuta retreat like a little bitch when they had there little encounter after the formation of Black Goat.

Amon please fucking save Ken. I don't really even care for Ken but this shit is starting to become like GoT where it's a labor to watch it unfold because the good guys are just getting steamrolled.

He was getting supplements. Given the technology they have I imagine it was probably better than actual humans.

Then again after one fight whats his face did find Haise snacking on someone...

Resonance

When hinami was in prison, she mentioned eating some type of "stew". We don't know what it's made of, but Haise could have been eating this. Or the the ccg just gave him meat. Either way, he was definitely eating at the time

Allonym

He was getting supplements. Given the technology they have I imagine it was probably better than actual humans.

Then again after one fight whats his face did find Haise snacking on someone...

Damn, I completely forgot about that shit. Ishida probably shouldn't have introduced that. If they can give supplements to Ghouls, why not just do that instead of risking them preying on humans or performing a genocide against them. Kinda breaks the plot in a way. It'd probably be a more viable option morally and financially than hunting ghouls down considering it costs trillions of yen annually.

phaze

I can agree powerlevels got increasingly weird and even silly in the second half of :re but the examples you provide aren't the problem. Characters are allowed to get better with passage of time and there's like 4-5 years between the fights you mention. Of course Kaneki and Juuzou got better.

Yeah I guess this can be a sort of explanation for the end result. And Kaneki dying and stuff.

Wait what ? When was that mentioned ?
---
The other translation has Kaneki saying "This is not the end" in those last small bubbles so I stand my ground. Kaneki is going to get out from this.

Allonym

I can agree powerlevels got increasingly weird and even silly in the second half of :re but the examples you provide aren't the problem. Characters are allowed to get better with passage of time and there's like 4-5 years between the fights you mention. Of course Kaneki and Juuzou got better.

Yeah I guess this can be a sort of explanation for the end result. And Kaneki dying and stuff.

Wait what ? When was that mentioned ?
---
The other translation has Kaneki saying "This is not the end" in those last small bubbles so I stand my ground. Kaneki is going to get out from this.

Well sure while Kaneki and Juuzo got better, that doesn't mean that their competition wasn't doing the same. Tatara, Noro...all those guys were big bads in the original series and they were taken out like trash in :re. The original series was so much better because there was progression and development, people didn't just usurp others they had no business beating. I guess Kaneki is the only person whose prowess skyrocketed. I don't know how being tortured made him a beast but his ascension is comparable to Kira Yamato. To me that's where it all started. Mutsuki is a similar case.

Idk what the CCG is doing but the Ghouls need to start doing the same. It's funny. Ghouls initially had the advantage but slowly the Investigators started to gain ground against them and then they just totally passed them and now its just a slaughter.

I just feel like the story and manga in general was better when it was grounded and was a poignant tale of survival between two species. It kinda shit the bed when it started resembling shonen manga.

No, its bad writing. The fact that this entire arc was rushed in the first place just to get to a "symbolic" 143 chapter ending proves by default that it was a lazy result.

That's an assumption.

And on top of that, i would argue that it was anticlimactic, furuta became a bad parody of some evil omnipresent villain who had all the answers out of nowhere, worse than Aizen in bleach. And right at the end, we have kaneki showing up out of nowhere when there was literally no way he could have appeared there so fast while being in the forest having committed to making his decision just a few chapters ago.

Perhaps answers to all of this lie in the coming chapters? Wild theory, I know.

This result served no purpose but to throw a bone to some people who might have been complaining there was not enough shallow shock factor to the proceedings and "lol parallels". There was no point to RE even existing or Kaneki and his group even being in it considering this result.

You sure do like to presume a lot.

No, i don't want to hear any nonsense apologists defending the indefensible. As i said before, i'll give it till next chapter to see if Ishida is really going to do this, and if so, i'm out.

You haven't given one concrete example of bad writing.

Stop being so in your feelings and sober up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom