• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Eto's new book is called "My Last Word."

I wonder if it's going to contain a summarization of the world's corruption. Basically over the birdcage.

Anteater

Apparently Eto's new book is called "My Last Word."

I wonder if it's going to contain a summarization of the world's corruption. Basically over the birdcage.

it'd be quite an interesting twist if she's trying to change people's perspective through her words

Anteater

i thought that last speech was her last words

but i can't see this being the face of someone that's about to die

rzjkqP5.jpg

look at Kaneki's reaction too

Tokyo Ghoul Ch. 63

"I am a Ghoul"

Tokyo Ghoul:re Ch. 63

"I am a Ghoul"

Ishida does it again. I'm really curious on how far he planned all of this.

Kazuhira

Kaneki cut Eto in half and now they are together as if nothing happened,did i miss something?
Anyway,still waiting for amon's return.

Anteater

Kaneki cut Eto in half and now they are together as if nothing happened,did i miss something?
Anyway,still waiting for amon's return.

she doesn't give a shit because of her regeneration capability, she's handing herself into ccg is definitely planned tho, just look at her cutting her hair and enjoying herself

Qurupeke

Eto is like the best right now. I didn't like her much at first, but she's just so good. She seems to manipulate everything.

Torso is so creepy, I really hope that Mutsuki will somehow survive Torso, Takizawa and the rest of the Aogiri....

Tokyo Ghoul:re 63

Seidou and Shiroke's tagteaming was hilarious. Seriously WOW.

Eto: "All according to my keikaku."

Kaneki's oh shit face was hilarious.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Everyone, I really didn't care for the tonal changes done in :re but I've kept reading because I really enjoyed TG and I'm on chpt. 20. I wanted to know, or rather I must know...is Hide dead? I need to see Amon, he was truly the man! They must both be alive

Anteater

Everyone, I really didn't care for the tonal changes done in :re but I've kept reading because I really enjoyed TG and I'm on chpt. 20. I wanted to know, or rather I must know...is Hide dead? I need to see Amon, he was truly the man! They must both be alive

Hide is still missing, it was hinted once that he might still be alive, but it's not really confirmed

His disappearance is honestly the weirdest, since everyone missing in the original was listed as "dead" except him

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Hide is still missing, it was hinted once that he might still be alive, but it's not really confirmed

His disappearance is honestly the weirdest, since everyone missing in the original was listed as "dead" except him

I forget how much time has elapsed since TG to TG:re but that seems to be a long period of time for a human being to go missing unless he was abducted by V or something but that's purely conjecture on my part. Well, as long as his disappearance is explained and Amon turns up I'll sleep sound at night. I know people are speculating that Amon is "Floppy" and it was foreshadowed with a cover of TG where Amon's depiction matches that of "Floppy" in :re.

Anteater

I'm surprised he didn't get a promotion from capturing the owl

Eto is da best

Kaneki's face at the end...Even he didn't see that coming lol

I really hope Him and Eto team up.

I can't see it being bad for Kaneki, Eto is more influential and is actually doing much more than him honestly

Since the first series Kaneki has been nothing but a puppet, even now all his actions are monitored by V, in the original series he's been nothing but an experiment by Kanou

So Eto is turning herself in huh? Well I guess this probally all part of some plan of hers but only time will tell really. Also looks Himami's execution date has been decided 🙁. I really hope she doesn't actually get "disposed" of, maybe Eto will break her out or something.

Anteater

So Eto is turning herself in huh? Well I guess this probally all part of some plan of hers but only time will tell really. Also looks Himami's execution date has been decided 🙁. I really hope she doesn't actually get "disposed" of, maybe Eto will break her out or something.

at least we know Ayato actually cares, she's also an important character in Kaneki's life, so she probably won't die without a fight, unless the author is being a dick

That was Arima at the V meeting right?

I love Kaneki's reaction telling everyone that she is a Ghoul. Only gripe is that the chapter was 16 pages. I need more Ishida!

Kyuur

Super excited for Shachi/Rize mention. Initially one would think that V is interested in her because she was disruptive in the world, but she's been inactive for so long there must be something more to it.

phaze

And you people laughed at me when I said Rize was descendant of OEK.
tea5qkb6.png
With V being interested in her, this is actually a reasonable theory that would explain both her supposed abnormality and the interest of so many different people in her. Also calling it now: Yomo got Rize out of Kanou's dungeon at Sachi's behest and he's the one calling/texting him in TG 143.

-With Kijima, Shirazu, Hogi (cute!), Hachikawa gone and Urie getting a nose and a mouth, we are almost rid of weirdass looking characters. Bless.

-Takizawa&Shikorae
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

- CCG's idiocy knows no bounds if they're allowing Eto Yoshimura to walk around the city and talk to the press with just one guy following to her.

- Hogi is probably not dead and will be the one to manage to actually get out of the island.

So spoiler for the latest chapter are confirmed.

Y I K E S

Other than what happens to the poor guy, Eto's book name is quite interesting. Heh.

Anteater

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit info dump chapter

yeah that RC gate explanation makes sense, I always thought that was just a plot hole that Kaneki/Eto having high RC didn't trigger the alert

So that could mean the theory that some CCG employees are Ghouls can be correct without even using RC suppressants

so I assume mutsuki's limbs are going to grow back... right?

Kaneki still in his no fucks given mode, come on man

awesome chapter, this is all going so fast I hope Ishida isn't rushing it

also the Clowns probably know quite a lot considering Itori gave Kaneki the hint that everything will make sense if he could figure out just who Rize is, means they know about V, not to mention they have a CCG informant during the auction, etc

maybe one eyed king is actually Souta :p

Kyuur

Guess the hand gesture the clown was making when they got Rize wasn't just them being smug. Also lends some further credence to it being Furuta. Now I guess the question is, are the clowns affiliated with V or is this just the case of someone being a double agent as with CCG.

Can't wait to see Shachi vs Arima next chapter. I have a feeling it might be the first time we see Arima struggle a bit.

someone like Amon or Yomo's gonna save him

I can't imagine he just appears for the flashblack and die

Arima is looking like a dick now tho lol, looks like he's mostly just focusing at the V stuff

I don't think Yomo/Amon are any stronger than Shachi based on what we've seen of him.

phaze

Guess the hand gesture the clown was making when they got Rize wasn't just them being smug. Also lends some further credence to it being Furuta. Now I guess the question is, are the clowns affiliated with V or is this just the case of someone being a double agent as with CCG.

Furuta has been shown to aid Aogiri and if he is Souta, which I kinda take for granted now, then he aided Kanou in getting hold of Rize. Not exactly behaviour of devoted V agent. My take is that he's fucking with everyone, possibly even clowns since even Uta doesn't seem to know much about him. I'm curious in how Arima's extermination of the Clown gang 10 years ago (12 now ?) plays into all this.

Also:
Also calling it now: Yomo got Rize out of Kanou's dungeon at Sachi's behest and he's the one calling/texting him in TG 143.
- Hogi is probably not dead and will be the one to manage to actually get out of the island.

Call me prophet.

Glad to see Kaneki learning about V, Rize info and Shachi back. Hopefully all this means Amon soon. And Yomo. And Touka. And Banjou. Wait no scratch the last one, no one needs him.

Furuta has been shown to aid Aogiri and if he is Souta, which I kinda take for granted now, then he aided Kanou in getting hold of Rize. Not exactly behaviour of devoted V agent. My take is that he's fucking with everyone, possibly even clowns since even Uta doesn't seem to know much about him. I'm curious in how Arima's extermination of the Clown gang 10 years ago (12 now ?) plays into all this.

Also:

Call me prophet.

Glad to see Kaneki learning about V, Rize info and Shachi back. Hopefully all this means Amon soon. And Yomo. And Touka. And Banjou. Wait no scratch the last one, no one needs him.

I need Banjou but fuck Touka.

She's been irrelevant for like forever.

bidguy

Banned
i just catched up to :re and im really confused ... who are the new people and what happened to kaneki, amon or the takizawa dude or however hes called ?

i was really dumbfounded by this manga, everything turns out different than what i imagine

Qurupeke

i just catched up to :re and im really confused ... who are the new people and what happened to kaneki, amon or the takizawa dude or however hes called ?

i was really dumbfounded by this manga, everything turns out different than what i imagine

It had a timeskip after Arima defeated Kaneki. Somehow Kaneki lost his memory and got to train under Arima in order to be a CCG investigator. Not sure why or how Arima brainwashed him. Amon is probably half ghoul now, the Floppy that was mentioned. The one with the robe. Takizawa was turned by Eto and Dr. Kanou to a half ghoul like Kaneki. He lost his humanity and is insane now, after Jason-style torture I presume.

bidguy

Banned
It had a timeskip after Arima defeated Kaneki. Somehow Kaneki lost his memory and got to train under Arima in order to be a CCG investigator. Not sure why or how Arima brainwashed him. Amon is probably half ghoul now, the Floppy that was mentioned. The one with the robe. Takizawa was turned by Eto and Dr. Kanou to a half ghoul like Kaneki. He lost his humanity and is insane now, after Jason-style torture I presume.

holy shit i think i need to catch up again

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It's a direct sequel to the OG. You should finish the OG before reading Re

It... Really doesn't help. In fact, starting re after TG has consistently pissed me off.

I mean TG was never a masterpiece. "I need to protect my friends! So I'll join the group that nearly killed me and them!"

Kaneki is a piece of shit. Every decision he makes is contrary to his stated goals. THen he dies...

Then re starts. It basically all characters and relationships in TG for some insane amnesia thing. Constantly introduces new characters with ??? relationship to anything that's going on, and the main character is subsumed into some plot that has yet to go anywhere.

If you're digging it, ok but what the hell?!

This manga is a hot mess.

phaze

It... Really doesn't help. In fact, starting re after TG has consistently pissed me off.

I mean TG was never a masterpiece. "I need to protect my friends! So I'll join the group that nearly killed me and them!"

Kaneki is a piece of shit. Every decision he makes is contrary to his stated goals. THen he dies...

Then re starts. It basically all characters and relationships in TG for some insane amnesia thing. Constantly introduces new characters with ??? relationship to anything that's going on, and the main character is subsumed into some plot that has yet to go anywhere.

Did you ... did you jump into :re directly from Root A ?

Please don't tell me you watched Root A.

Anteater

It'd be interesting to see how the humans in CCG will react if there's evidence the Washuus are working with the ghouls

they've been risking their lives for decades exterminating the ghouls... under a ghoul organization, lol

I don't think Yomo/Amon are any stronger than Shachi based on what we've seen of him.

honestly I wonder how strong Yomo and Uta are, I don't think we've seen them fight seriously in present, they didn't use their Kagune when fighting Noro, Uta was just messing around at the Auction, we've only seen Yomo fight Arima in the past and got his ass kicked, but I'm not sure if he's gotten any stronger over the years

yeah looks like they were working on their own with Kanou at that time since Kanou already left ccg and also hasn't joined Aogiri yet. Question is whether they had a goal or were just fucking around.

edit: also sad to see Ishida forgot skipped the short hair Rize appearance in the flashback

Anteater

Kaneki never joined Aogiri in the manga, he formed his own group and later decided to go back to Anteiku but never did because of the raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom