• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

Why does everything revolve around Rize? How can one girl have this much influence over the entire TG world? Also, Eto has way too much plot armor. Hope she dies or has her arc completed soon.

bidguy

Banned
anyone buying the viz media prints ? they are of surprisingly good quality. papers seems to be thicker than regular manga. havent bought manga since naruto came out a decade ago but this is pretty good so ill gladly support this guy

too bad they are only at vol 5 though ...

Anteater

Kaneki cares

isudan7qpjlmjmvoki.gif

and lol at the exchange between Eto and Furuta

Chance of Furuta being Souta just increased by like 90%

So Kaneki will either side with Arima like a dick or he'll fight the dude, let's roll

Banjou getting more masked buddies, Hide could be one of them for all we know :p

Mortemis

Banned
Yooooo, fucking Banjou is back. I hope his kagune is boss.

I really wanna know what's going on in Kaneki's mind, is he really planning on breaking Hinami out or is he really just some ruthless CCG investigator.

We bout to find out soon though.

Anteater

Yooooo, fucking Banjou is back. I hope his kagune is boss.

I really wanna know what's going on in Kaneki's mind, is he really planning on breaking Hinami out or is he really just some ruthless CCG investigator.

We bout to find out soon though.

from his sad face when talking to Urie, I assume he's going to break Hinami out and fight Arima

and holy shit fuck Torso, I hope he dies a miserable death

I wonder how Ishida is going to deal with Mutsuki's story

edit: I think we'll get some character development with Arima when we get to Cochlea, so who knows what will happen there

Honestly I don't see Kaneki having any end game plan, he'll likely be trying to save everyone once again

Also:

azXKllp.jpg

same background, Kaneki is actually talking to Ayato

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

more importantly, he probably said more to Urie off screen

Mortemis

Banned
Also:

azXKllp.jpg

holy shit

I thought this was a coincidence but Kaneki isn't talking to Urie here since he was indoors on a sky bridge.

Shits bout to go down

diaspora

Wasn't Ayato partially responsible for Kaneki getting tortured to the point where his hair went white? Or am I misremembering...

Anteater

Wasn't Ayato partially responsible for Kaneki getting tortured to the point where his hair went white? Or am I misremembering...

kind of but not directly, Ayato went to Anteiku to kidnap Kaneki but Yamori was there too, Yamori was the one that tortured Kaneki

Kaneki "half killed" Ayato during the Aogiri raid, we find out Ayato was likely trying to protect Touka from all his actions

diaspora

kind of but not directly, Ayato went to Anteiku to kidnap Kaneki but Yamori was there too, Yamori was the one that tortured Kaneki

Kaneki "half killed" Ayato during the Aogiri raid, we find out Ayato was likely trying to protect Touka from all his actions

But does he?

edit: Haise wouldn't even remember the torture in the first place anyway.

Kyuur

Shachi noooo, you were the chosen one. :( Seems that he confirmed that Arima is not a ghoul as some people speculate, based on his final remarks.

Lots of good stuff in this chapter, Kaneki is still himself on the inside as hinted, he just has to be ruthless with what he's up against. Furuta is confirmed(?) triple agent, possibly Souta. Can't wait to see what goes down in the following operations, it's time for V to take a hit.

phaze

azXKllp.jpg

It might be just Ishida placing Cochlea, the place of the talked about showdown, in the background.

Also, what part of "capture" don't you understand Arima. Shachi better be alive. :(

bengraven

My co-worker is fucking obsessed with this show. iPhone case, purse, tattoo, she's got it all.

Sounds like a cool premise, though. I might need to check it out to have more to talk about on lunch breaks.

phaze

My co-worker is fucking obsessed with this show. iPhone case, purse, tattoo, she's got it all.

Sounds like a cool premise, though. I might need to check it out to have more to talk about on lunch breaks.

Technically, the thread is devoted to the manga the show is based on. ;p If you're going to watch the latter, stop after the first season and don't watch the Root A. (aka second season.)

Anteater

It might be just Ishida placing Cochlea, the place of the talked about showdown, in the background.

oo you're probably right, I didn't know that's how Cochlea look lol

but I'm gonna make it my theory anyway :D

in the scene with Ayato, Kaneki's shirt is shaded all black without a tie, Kaneki has 2 shirts he wear, one is complete black, that you see him wear during the interrogation:

During the conversation with Urie, he's wearing this:

Ishida had always shaded that shirt differently:

So my theory is that it's actually a different scene
or that Ishida just shaded his clothes all black because Kaneki is in the background just so he could laugh at me

believe~

Kyuur

Spoilers are out.

SHACHI MY BOY IS ALIVE! Awesome, he was way too strong to go out with a half-a-chapter fight. I guess I should have expected this after Kaneki v Eto. Strong ghouls do not go down easy.

Looks like we finally get to see Amon proper, and Furuta = Souta is confirmed. This arc is so hype.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Spoilers are out.

SHACHI MY BOY IS ALIVE! Awesome, he was way too strong to go out with a half-a-chapter fight. I guess I should have expected this after Kaneki v Eto. Strong ghouls do not go down easy.

Looks like we finally get to see Amon proper, and Furuta = Souta is confirmed. This arc is so hype.

Man, so many twists and turns happening right now. I didn't like Kaneki's/Haise's change in personality after regaining his memories but since it can be explained as him trying to gain the trust of the Arima squad and infiltrate them to finally make his move I can deal with that...so as long as he returns to sweet Kaneki in the future.

Shachi getting beaten so easily bothered me to no end. Here we have a being who embarrasingly defeated Kaneki, the same Kaneki who scratches Arima but Shachi can't deal a single blow...I call bullshit and I don't care about the time lapse or that Kaneki mirrors Arima.

Kyuur

Man, so many twists and turns happening right now. I didn't like Kaneki's/Haise's change in personality after regaining his memories but since it can be explained as him trying to gain the trust of the Arima squad and infiltrate them to finally make his move I can deal with that...so as long as he returns to sweet Kaneki in the future.

Shachi getting beaten so easily bothered me to no end. Here we have a being who embarrasingly defeated Kaneki, the same Kaneki who scratches Arima but Shachi can't deal a single blow...I call bullshit and I don't care about the time lapse or that Kaneki mirrors Arima.

It bothers me a bit too, but at the same time, Arima had a squad with him against Shachi (who were taking hits left and right for Arima to get into position). I don't think Kaneki would have ever landed a hit had there been even a second investigator there.

Edit: Xpost from manga thread now that chapter is out:

Tokyo Ghoul: re 66

This chapter was packed and so fucking good. Seeing Eto fuck with Furuta at the end of that interrogation, man.

Hope we get to learn a bit more about Tatara's role in all this. The 'favor' must be her novel, right?

I can't tell where Amon is on the last panel there. I can't wait to see what he is going to do, its hard to believe he wouldn't assist Aogiri based on what's been revealed. He might just be working towards the same goals independently I guess, if he doesn't agree with their methods.

I also didn't see Shachi anywhere in this chapter, did I just miss him or were the spoilers incorrect? :(

Anteater

so it's still not clear which side Furuta is actually on even when he's associate with every group possible so far, dude probably don't give a shit about the V judging from his reaction at the end.

and I'm not sure that handful of people on Banjou's side is enough... Arima killed a mountain of people during the Anteiku raid

the whole Washuu thing isn't like Saint Seiya and Mitsumasa Kido right..

so it's still not clear which side Furuta is actually on even when he's associate with every group possible so far, dude probably don't give a shit about the V judging from his reaction at the end.

and I'm not sure that handful of people on Banjou's side is enough... Arima killed a mountain of people during the Anteiku raid

They have Amon too...who has changed.

Hopefully Furuta dies soon, and i'm really intrigued to know who the OEK is.

Anteater

This is all coming together so well too, we might learn more about Tatara and Hoji during the Raid, we might see some development with Arima, now Amon turns up, this arc is crazy

They have Amon too...who has changed.

Hopefully Furuta dies soon, and i'm really intrigued to know who the OEK is.

but Furuta is kind of great!

I kind of wonder if Amon and Ayato have been working together all this time

I don't know what Eto mean by "In your bellies" :(

Qurupeke

Great chapter. This is the first time we see Furuta not being the one that knows the most, so satisfying. I loved the dialogue with Eto and that Washuu bomb.

And Amon will save Hinami?!

This is all coming together so well too, we might learn more about Tatara and Hoji during the Raid, we might see some development with Arima, now Amon turns up, this arc is crazy

greatly disgusting :p

My assumption is that she meant as someone who is one of CCG/V

Principate

Saint Titanfall

It's probably Arima, Kaneki or something of that type. So far between what's revealed so far I'm guessing it's one of the two.

Anteater

The more important thing I'd like to know is whether the other clowns know about Furuta being a V because I was under the assumption that they do, especially when they were leading Kaneki to search for Rize's background. Also I guess Souta isn't the boss... so who is?

Great chapter. This is the first time we see Furuta not being the one that knows the most, so satisfying. I loved the dialogue with Eto and that Washuu bomb.

And Amon will save Hinami?!

I think Amon might be after his foster father for some closure, unless he developed a relationship with Ayato/Hinami during the last few years, else it would be a weird team up.

So this arc we have Amon vs Donato, Hoji vs Takizawa vs Tatara, Mutsuki's past and probably going ghoul. Kaneki and Banjou's reunion, Kaneki vs Arima/Furuta or he might start with fighting Ayato? Wonder if Anteiku will show up. It's insane!

greatly disgusting :p

My assumption is that she meant as someone who is one of CCG/V

I's probably Arima, Kaneki or something of that type. So far between what's revealed so far I'm guessing it's one of the two.

man I don't want it to be Arima lol

and Hinami is loved by so many people, she better not fucking die and this better have a good ending

I wanna see an ending where Sasaki hangs out with the CCGs/Qs and Anteiku over Chistmas holiday :(

and happy birthday Furuta~

4g8r3NQ.jpg

Kyuur

I think Amon might be after his foster father for some closure, unless he developed a relationship with Ayato/Hinami during the last few years, else it would be a weird team up.

It's entirely possible that he has a completely different viewpoint on what happened during his mission with Mado now, especially if he spent time with Hinami. Amon is the kind of person who would feel a whole lot of regret for killing a little girl's mother like they did.

I'll bet on that his beef is with Donato though. Unless he infiltrates Cochlea he's basically untouchable.

Anteater

CCG can't be dumb enough to let Sachi live and keep him in Cochlea right? :v

It's entirely possible that he has a completely different viewpoint on what happened during his mission with Mado now, especially if he spent time with Hinami. Amon is the kind of person who would feel a whole lot of regret for killing a little girl's mother like they did.

I'll bet on that his beef is with Donato though. Unless he infiltrates Cochlea he's basically untouchable.

hmm yeah I think it's highly possible Amon and Hinami have spent time together in Aogiri, and Amon is very much like Kaneki after the ghoul experiment too :0

too bad Akira isn't at Cochlea, else this would be crazy lol

well I guess Akira vs Takizawa will be a thing

chefbags

I honestly hope there's a reboot of the anime soon that can fully recreate tokyo ghoul and Re because I need to see what's happening now in motion. It would be so beautiful lol. Ufotable comes to mind as they have some of the best fight animation from Fate/Stay Night.

Kyuur

I honestly hope there's a reboot of the anime soon that can fully recreate tokyo ghoul and Re because I need to see what's happening now in motion. It would be so beautiful lol. Ufotable comes to mind as they have some of the best fight animation from Fate/Stay Night.

I really doubt we would get a reboot so soon. The best we can hope for is a Re adaptation with a different studio.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul tldr - Joker was everything.

Not sure what to make of Furuta after this chapter. Beforehand, it seemed to me he fucking with V given the aid he gave to Kanou but here he seems pretty devoted to their ideology and goals.

Furuta-Eto and Eto-Ken convos were pure gold but I really have no clue anymore about this OEK business.

Not sure if Batmon is with Banjou crew but if not that was a pretty misleading introduction.

Anteater

YASS!!

What took you so long, boss?! It is about to go down!

Man there're like 3 years worth of shit we need to catch up with this dude, and the things he's going to do will be unpredictable!

spoilers are out, fuck this chapter is short

Looks like Kaneki/Sasaki is still fucked in the head because he's still attached to Arima/CCG from the conditioning, he probably gave Ayato the keycard that triggered the alarm

edit: alright don't believe a word I said, I'll wait for the english translation

i didn't look at them spoilers but im going to be so fucking upset if we dont see amon in the new chapter! stop making us wait, for some amon action! I must know what he's been up to, how did he escape, was there a reason he didn't take takizawa with him, THESE QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS!!

Anteater

i didn't look at them spoilers but im going to be so fucking upset if we dont see amon in the new chapter! stop making us wait, for some amon action! I must know what he's been up to, how did he escape, was there a reason he didn't take takizawa with him, THESE QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERS!!

for Takizawa, that guys is fucked in the head lol, it was hinted that Takizawa ate his parents after he became a ghoul, Amon probably just ran as fast as he can when he woke up

for Takizawa, that guys is fucked in the head lol, it was hinted that Takizawa ate his parents after he became a ghoul, Amon probably just ran as fast as he can when he woke up

yes I know it was hinted but what I mean was did Amon just flat out ditch him or did he even attempt to save him. one of the reasons takizawa is so bonkers is cause they barely feed him and we already know how gouls get when they're like that. now I'm not saying if he was well fed he'd be sane but being half starved certainly isn't helping his sanity, you know what I mean?

so for people that have seen the spoilers, quick yes or no question: do i get some amon love in the new chapter or are we going back to MIA?

Anteater

looks like someone triggered the alarm opening the 0-1 rooms, but Ayato just entered the front gate, it could be anyone and I assume 0 and 1 are like the first rooms because Arima would be likely guarding the SS~ floors but why would anyone do that?

so for people that have seen the spoilers, quick yes or no question: do i get some amon love in the new chapter or are we going back to MIA?

no, but just wait for the chapter since it's kind of short and it's focused on kaneki/sasaki

but amon ain't going anywhere, we'll probably jump between the few characters in this arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom