• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Ghoul:re |OT| SUPER PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

never watched the anime, didn't hide die in root A...?

I'll watch just to see Taki vs Sasaki animated, hope it doesn't suck

phaze

4cc12fee-5274-49be-9e5npcc.jpg

It's still possible that they will just ignore Root A. (And yes Hide died there.)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The announcement of an anime doesnt even mean anything at this point, this ending sucked all the anticipation joy and everything else out of me

Anteater

The announcement of an anime doesnt even mean anything at this point, this ending sucked all the anticipation joy and everything else out of me

you should know ishida by now that he's probably just trolling, he's not gonna end :re next chapter with a poopy ending just to announce a :re anime, also magazines usually count down to the ending so we still have a few chapters to go, dude is just doing his bait and shit crap again to shock his readers

i do agree it's bad story telling tho, he's been doing this shit since rue island

Inuhanyou

you should know ishida by now that he's probably just trolling, he's not gonna end :re next chapter with a poopy ending just to announce a :re anime, also magazines usually count down to the ending so we still have a few chapters to go, dude is just doing his bait and shit crap again to shock his readers

i do agree it's bad story telling tho, he's been doing this shit since rue island

I've spent the last few months fighting back against speculation that touka could be killed off along with her child, or kaneki could arrive too late. Only for kaneki to randomly show up, get owned and probably have everyone get killed off within a few chapters due to...i don't even know.

Yeah i've been bashing my head against a wall since the last chapter came out, i just can't conceive a trash fire of this magnitude happening when i was really into the proceedings.

I dont know what ishida could do to make up for this but i hope its something worth it

phaze

Well sure while Kaneki and Juuzo got better, that doesn't mean that their competition wasn't doing the same. Tatara, Noro...all those guys were big bads in the original series and they were taken out like trash in :re. The original series was so much better because there was progression and development, people didn't just usurp others they had no business beating. I guess Kaneki is the only person whose prowess skyrocketed. I don't know how being tortured made him a beast but his ascension is comparable to Kira Yamato. To me that's where it all started. Mutsuki is a similar case.

Idk what the CCG is doing but the Ghouls need to start doing the same. It's funny. Ghouls initially had the advantage but slowly the Investigators started to gain ground against them and then they just totally passed them and now its just a slaughter.

I just feel like the story and manga in general was better when it was grounded and was a poignant tale of survival between two species. It kinda shit the bed when it started resembling shonen manga.

Tatara and Noro weren't some particularly prominent presences and I think Noro got a great fight where he showed off his creepiness and combat prowess taking down for good one of the most important characters in the manga at that stage. A very rare feat by TG standards. I can agree about Tatara, though I don't think it's an asspull having Takizawa take him down. It's more about the manner and ease it went down.

I actually find Kaneki power up for the Yamori fight understandable. It was simply the first time Kaneki wasn't actually starved. His kagune was already noted earlier for being superb and stuff, he just lacked willingness to hurt people and a fuel for his abilities. Sadly I can't find similar explanation for Kaneki recovery against Arima :re. Well there is the stuff about kagune being dependent on state of mind of the person but that's still a bit too little. Agreed about Mutsuki on Rue.

OG series spanned like 10 months or something. :re already covers 2 years (on top of 3 year break between it and og series) or something cause I can't be bothered to count. It' usunderstandable to me that people can progress in that amount of time but at the same time, that some more powerful characters have already reached the ceiling as far their fighting prowess goes. Diminishing returns and all that.

TG was always a fighting manga, it's just as usual, the beginnings were humble and the cast not yet so large/bloated.

Mifec

They went as far as to remove the counter for 145 from the Digital Online section. Was a good troll on their part but the manga keeps on going,

Anteater

LMAO ch144

Goodbye The End, Hello The End

Yeah a 1 on 1 fight would've be cool but since this is so different I'll see where Ishida take it, although I'm not a fan for giant monster end boss. So the theory people have about dragon was correct, now everyone probably has to fight him including the Qs since they were shown in that panel when Furuta talk about the Dragon.

Instead of dead people appearing in Ken's head, it's a bunch of Kens this time, I sorta like that but it could've been done better I feel, Ken was losing it but the tournament stuff was awkward.

And FINALLY the guy eat and decide to kill, and a bunch of human kids no less. I wonder if this transformation has to do with eating a shit ton of Rise kagunes specifically or anything would do. Hyped to see what happens next. I know he's probably doing the "Furuta wants humanity/ghouls to fight one common enemy" crap but it sounds hella cliche but it could still be interesting if done right.

This probably might help explain the naaga and how it might've been related to the washuu blood and rise.

also RIP Zombie Shirazu theory

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the giant end boss either Anteater. I wouldn't be surprised if Hide knew this was coming, and has thought up a counter attack

The way he bite Hajime is probably the way he bite Hide at the end of TG :(

Kyuur

Whoever said "he's gonna eat all of them", bravo. I took the bait.

Chapter was fantastic, I think I preferred this to most of other inner-thought chapters actually. A while back I was thinking that the "meat walls" were part of Dragon and I think I might still be right, just not this Dragon[/b].

Wonder how long this goes, one more volume or TG only ended where it did because "bad end"?

Voror

I did enjoy the whole council of Kanekis conversation. I'd almost thought we'd finally put all that to bed but I guess when things get tough for him that all re-emerges again. It was weirdly comedic at the start too.

It is frustrating that Kaneki never seems to make too much progress. I mean, he obviously has in a sense, but Furuta even brought it up and anticipated he'd eventually rely on only himself. And he's still doing it even with his actions here. I'd like to think we'll eventually reach some conclusion where he finally gets it, but given what's going on now it's hard to say.

Curious if he'll go on some rampage in the city eating anyone he comes by. Not sure how I feel if Furuta's plan is to make him some big final boss that needs to get taken down to establish super peace.

Speaking of Furuta, I hope he isn't dead. If only because one of the things I'd actually like to see if him getting completely outplayed in the end. Granted, if you go by the whole tragedy theme then I guess it ending with him winning completely would fit.

Saw they announced an anime for Re as well. Not sure how that's going to work given what I've read on the changes made in that second season. Granted never watched any of the anime so maybe it wasn't too bad or they'll just pretend the series went how it did in the manga.

Voror

Hopefully the re anime is handled better than the previous ones

Pierrot is probably doing it again I imagine. Not sure who was on staff for the original anime, but maybe someone new will work out better. At the very least, they're starting the series with a lot of material already built up and if it comes out in 2018 then there will be only more to work with.

Curious how long it will be. 12-13 episodes seems more common than any other, which makes sense with a lot of manga adaptations like My Hero Academia. Though I seem to recall hearing that the author actually wrote a lot of material for that second season which didn't get animated because they only had that number episodes.

Pierrot is probably doing it again I imagine. Not sure who was on staff for the original anime, but maybe someone new will work out better. At the very least, they're starting the series with a lot of material already built up and if it comes out in 2018 then there will be only more to work with.

Curious how long it will be. 12-13 episodes seems more common than any other, which makes sense with a lot of manga adaptations like My Hero Academia. Though I seem to recall hearing that the author actually wrote a lot of material for that second season which didn't get animated because they only had that number episodes.

I don't know how they could manage to cover everything in such a small amount of episodes. TG needs a long running series I think, if they really want to make it something

I am hoping that since this is Young Jumps best selling manga and one of the best selling manga in general, the new season would get a bigger budget and be taken care of competently.

Maybe just maybe the first two seasons being rushed was because they thought the series wouldn't be popular. Like they didn't expect it to blow up so that's why it got a subpar adaptation.

I mean I am not too optimistic, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by Re anime. Hopefully its 2 cours or even split cours.

Voror

I don't know how they could manage to cover everything in such a small amount of episodes. TG needs a long running series I think, if they really want to make it something

Given how much material they have, I could see them taking the My Hero Academia path with regular seasons with breaks in between. That'd be a best case scenario I think.

Curious why they waited so long unless it was to let the manga run for a while to have more to work with, but then I don't know how development decisions with adaptations go so it could have been numerous things.

phaze

This means nothing. They already had a lot of material S1 and S2 and that didn't help. Honestly the desings and color choice already scream out Root A tier effort so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I am hoping that since this is Young Jumps best selling manga and one of the best selling manga in general, the new season would get a bigger budget and be taken care of competently.

Maybe just maybe the first two seasons being rushed was because they thought the series wouldn't be popular. Like they didn't expect it to blow up so that's why it got a subpar adaptation.

I mean I am not too optimistic, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by Re anime. Hopefully its 2 cours or even split cours.

Are you caught up ? If not this is really the worst time to come here.

Given how much material they have, I could see them taking the My Hero Academia path with regular seasons with breaks in between. That'd be a best case scenario I think.

Curious why they waited so long unless it was to let the manga run for a while to have more to work with, but then I don't know how development decisions with adaptations go so it could have been numerous things.
I agree that'd be best case

I would hope that's the case, since last time they strayed from the manga and it wasnt pretty. But then again the original TG was already finished by then I believe,so it was definitely intentional. Dunno if Ishida was involved with root a or not though.

Voror

This means nothing. They already had a lot of material S1 and S2 and that didn't help. Honestly the desings and color choice already scream out Root A tier effort so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah, after thinking on it some more I realized the series was near done when they did the anime. Not really a fan of the color choice either though I can't quite figure what it is. Too bright maybe?

I agree that'd be best case

I would hope that's the case, since last time they strayed from the manga and it wasnt pretty. But then again the original TG was already finished by then I believe,so it was definitely intentional. Dunno if Ishida was involved with root a or not though.

I never got why they went with the different take with second season. From what I've read, he did a bunch of stuff and wrote the scenario or something along those lines. Apparently it eventually came back around to getting back on the manga story, which sort of begs the question of why you'd diverge in the first place I guess.

Are you caught up ? If not this is really the worst time to come here.

Don't worry I finally caught up lol.

Also tbh the character art in the PV look different than the usual anime design. It gives me a shoujo vibe lol especially Haise.

Anteater

about Furuta I hope Ishida do a short flashback for him, he's been a major troll the entire time but he has some subtle background stories all over the place, things like, the dude actually was pissed when Eto talked about how his father don't recognize him as part of the Washuu, the fact he then killed all of his family, him taking the risk with Kanou to become a OEG (while hiding it from V), the whole Washuu blood thing, Rize, he's also a half human that will die young. He's been self destructive to the point that he wanted to create the dragon that will eventually kill him (remember how he said he couldn't care less about what happens after this, because of the dragon, meaning he foresee he's gonna die). I thought he's an interesting character.

dude also won the moment he crushed Rize
:p

Wonder how long this goes, one more volume or TG only ended where it did because "bad end"?

I'm still going with 14 volumes, 143 conveniently is (probably) the last chapter of vol 13, so 10 more chapters to go, but Ishida could easily just do an extra volume, if that's the case he'll have like 21 chapters to work with.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the giant end boss either Anteater. I wouldn't be surprised if Hide knew this was coming, and has thought up a counter attack

The way he bite Hajime is probably the way he bite Hide at the end of TG :(

I hope Hide only has his neck torn out damn it, he's going to be the cover art for the last volume!

I'm really excited for the finale honestly, looks like Ishida has the final arc dedicated to Marude's group and the Qs (although Mutsuki will probably return :( )

Strimei

I have to admit I did a 180 with this chapter. I was very down on the way things were going with the last chapter, but this one...once I got over the weirdness at first, very interesting.

Very curious where this goes.

Anteater

that's one thing with Ishida, he's probably gonna keep doing this cliffhanger thing every chapter just to fuck with the readers, but it's been a good ride and I'm glad I'm reading it weekly, that troll was good, and i love talking about it every week

Inuhanyou

I spoke too soon entirely and did not trust Ishida, this was a beautiful chapter. To think Touka was the true key to his coalescence as the "dragon" by activating his kakuja. They could not agree on basically anything but wanting to live on with her and their child and that was the element that allowed them to come together

I spoke too soon entirely and did not trust Ishida, this was a beautiful chapter. To think Touka was the true key to his coalescence as the "dragon" by activating his kakuja. They could not agree on basically anything but wanting to live on with her and their child and that was the element that allowed them to come together

He trolled you good.

Inuhanyou

He trolled you good.

well furuta's plan was still to have Kaneki turn into such a monstrous being that humans and ghouls would have to come together to fight him so who knows how it will play out.

I don't think ken will be "final villain", but what i do think is that even if and when ken comes back to his senses, he will be on the run from both human and ghoul conglomerates who see his powerful existence as a threat to the stability of the world

but yeah, i didn't know how ishida could dig himself out of last chapter but he did it pretty decently and it was obviously planned considering how dragon has been foreshadowed for a while now

Anteater

well... that was a chapter...

so Ken is confirmed to be on a rampage, killing innocent humans, well everyone, so much for getting their trust, this won't end well even if he come to his senses

Voror

Well uh there you go. What if we get a time skip or new series starring the kid having to defeat this monster and save the day?

On the other hand, wouldn't it be funny if we just end the series with him eating everyone and that's it?

Inuhanyou

this is ken's story with side characters playing a part. i dont want to see any kids or "next generations" or protagonist switching.

This just makes me wonder what ishida is playing at even more.

Voror

It's not like he has a whole lot agency to really be anything other than a kaiju right now unless he starts reasserting control.

Feels to me we'll likely switch to the perspective of everyone trying to stop him with maybe some more internal stuff from Ken here and there.

chrizzz09

Wait, but don't those black borders around each panel indicate that it's actually a past event?

In every manga as well as in Tokyo Ghoul and :re the black borders indicated some past event that has already happened, some flashback and the likes.

What if this is actually a scene of the first Dragon during the first One Eyed King's time and not Kaneki?

Voror

Wait, but don't those black borders around each panel indicate that it's actually a past event?

In every manga as well as in Tokyo Ghoul and :re the black borders indicated some past event that has already happened, some flashback and the likes.

What if this is actually a scene of the first Dragon during the first One Eyed King's time and not Kaneki?

I've seen mention of this theory. I wasn't aware that was actually a thing in manga to indicate something like that.

I mean that would be cool I suppose, though we see that they have things like laptops and modern looking cars. If the level of technology completely stagnated then I guess it might make sense.

We also had shots of Scarecrow and someone that might be Takizawa too though. And it's not like Ken wasn't going completely berserk and turning into something like that as indicated last chapter.

Inuhanyou

if we look back at the underground with ayato and the rest, the place where the naga destroyed looks exactly like above ground tokyo...so who knows

it would be interesting to see what the actual history of the TG world was like with ghouls and humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom