• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore for Switch Gets New Trailers Focusing on the World and Battles

Mista

Banned

Today Nintendo released two trailers of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, which might give the Wii U JRPG by Atlus with a new lease on life on the Switch.

The first video focuses on the world view of the game, touching on the story and the many characters that we’ll get to meet and play.

The second switches gears and introduces the game’s colorful battle system

Carna

Banned
I wanted to play this back when it was released, but now I'm turned off by it because I dislike Japanese idols

Jooxed

Gold Member
I have no idea what I’m getting into with this game but I have seen a lot of praise and I like RPGs.

Fbh

Will I like this if I like Fire Emblem (before it turned into an anime relationship sim) and SMT but am not into Idol stuff and tought Persona 5 was fun but 30 hours too long?

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Will I like this if I like Fire Emblem (before it turned into an anime relationship sim) and SMT but am not indo Idol stuff and tought Persona 5 was fun but 30 hours too long?
It plays nothing like Fire Emblem, dunno about SMT. It's more like Persona 5 with a lot less side character stuff and shorter too.

lo zaffo

I saw on YT Reincarnation performed by uncensored Kiria instead, that's how to do it right!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It plays nothing like Fire Emblem, dunno about SMT. It's more like Persona 5 with a lot less side character stuff and shorter too.
Its not like Persona either, there is no Demon Fusion, there is no calendar system or S.Link. As for the combat system the session kind of works similar to Strange Journey's alignment system, in TMS when you attack enemy's weakness others with Session skill link will join the attack.

Sybb

Banned

Today Nintendo released two trailers of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, which might give the Wii U JRPG by Atlus with a new lease on life on the Switch.

The first video focuses on the world view of the game, touching on the story and the many characters that we’ll get to meet and play.

The second switches gears and introduces the game’s colorful battle system

Will automatically boycott due to censorship. I really like anime styled games otherwise.

rubenburgt

The censorship is ridiculous.
I mean, just look at that wedding dress.
Why is it needed?

I played the uncensored version on the Wii-U, so I'm fine skipping this game. It is a decent game, so I do recommend if you don't care about censorship.

Ulysses 31

Its not like Persona either, there is no Demon Fusion, there is no calendar system or S.Link. As for the combat system the session kind of works similar to Strange Journey's alignment system, in TMS when you attack enemy's weakness others with Session skill link will join the attack.
Might not be demon fusions but there's weapon forging with skills you pick out which is similar to fusing demons to get certain skills.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Will I like this if I like Fire Emblem (before it turned into an anime relationship sim) and SMT but am not into Idol stuff and tought Persona 5 was fun but 30 hours too long?
That maybe can be said about Awakening and Fate but Three Houses barely has that, most support conversation is about the character themselves and lore for its setting, you get a little romance after end of the last battle when you reach S rank in support with one of the characters.

Might not be demon fusions but there's weapon forging with skills you pick out which is similar to fusing demons to get certain skills.
My memory might be little fuzzy but I would say that works somewhat similar to Digital Devil Saga's Mantra more than demons Fusion in Persona or SMT.

Last edited:

Fbh

That maybe can be said about Awakening and Fate but Three Houses barely has that, most support conversation is about the character themselves and lore for its setting, you get a little romance after end of the last battle when you reach S rank in support with one of the characters.

I wasn't necessarily talking about romantic relationships, I guess "bonds" was the better word.
To be honest I haven't played Three Houses but it's mainly because, based on reviews, the way they have expanded on all the stuff outside of the actual missions (classes and conversations and hanging out with people and all that) is a complete turnoff.
Ultimately what I liked about Fire Emblem was the fun tactics RPG gameplay, and at least based on everything I've seen and read about three houses it sounds like that's only half the experience and now and the rest is a bunch of stuff I don't care about

Top Bottom