• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: Raid Trailer: Operation Dark Hours

Bullet Club

Agents, recruit your squad. It’s almost time to take on The Division 2’s first 8-player raid in Operation Dark Hours, coming May 16. Plus, the first team to beat the raid will be immortalized in-game in the Base of Operations.

Lucky_Ryan

Neo Member
It seems that some bugs will happen in the raid too, because Ubisoft does not know how to release something new without flaws :messenger_downcast_sweat:

The no Matchmaking makes it a ball-ache, but its great fun, difficult but rewarding. Cant have ppl going afk or being carried as it will just not be possible to complete.

Texas Pride

Banned
No matchmaking kills the purpose of the Raid for all but the 1%. They seem to be giving players reasons to not play the game whether they intend to or not.

Last edited:
Yep. Even got people calling for the devs to prove its possible on console

Everyone I've seen streaming it is PC. Would love to see what the difference it is.

I know there are PC Master Race jokes here, but this difference is too big.

No matchmaking kills the purpose of the Raid for all but the 1%. They seem to be giving players reasons to not play the game whether they intend to or not.

Yeah. It's frustrating. As a younger person playing Asheron's Call and WoW, it was a non-issue.

As I've gotten older, even with Destiny, it's a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Everyone I've seen streaming it is PC. Would love to see what the difference it is.

I know there are PC Master Race jokes here, but this difference is too big.

Yeah. It's frustrating. As a younger person playing Asheron's Call and WoW, it was a non-issue.

As I've gotten older, even with Destiny, it's a pain in the ass.

They should be learning from Destiny's mistakes. Not perpetuating the same missteps. If only the smallest subset of your community is doing the endgame you've failed to create accessible engaging content that honestly doesn't justify the money it took to create it in the first place.

VertigoOA

Banned
Why are they assuming it’s different on console?

I’m not sure if a third person shooter like division has similar huge changes to make like an FPS when it’s console vs pc.

Or is it just some kind of design fuck up only existing on console

Last edited:
Why are they assuming it’s different on console?

I’m not sure if a third person shooter like division has similar huge changes to make like an FPS when it’s console vs pc.

Or is it just some kind of design fuck up only existing on console

The time. I mean world first on PC is to be expected because of the advantage of m/kb vs controller.

But 5 hours to 24 hours later guys can't finish means (I think) something is messed up on consoles.

scalman

How can 3rd person shooter on pc can have advantages? Aiming with mouse then? Cant remember how many years i didint played anything on pc with mouse keyboard.
Without ubis games it wouldnt be just so boring in gaming world...one of best fps , 3rd person games out there. For solo player at least.

Last edited:
Have no idea.
How can 3rd person shooter on pc can have advantages? Aiming with mouse then? Cant remember how many years i didint played anything on pc with mouse keyboard.
Without ubis games it wouldnt be just so boring in gaming world...one of best fps , 3rd person games out there. For solo player at least.

Generally, yeah. But I don't that alone explains the difference.

This is a tough raid. Don't think it's hyperbole to say (outside of the Borderland's style platforming Bungie loves so much) that this raid is harder than anything Destiny has done.

VertigoOA

Banned

That would be ridiculous. Are they only beating it because they get more crit damage? Even then how is the game not designed with the conversions in mind. I can’t see a cover shooter being that affected as a FPS either. Not like turning speed is as important.

Has to be something else. Now I’m a bit curious...

All I see is dps talk

Last edited:
From what I understand, it's a combination of mouse aim being superior (weakpoints require precision aim to hit consecutively) and the framerate. The dps window for the first boss is pretty tight, and the fact that it's locked at 30fps makes it even tighter. And again, this is just the first (of four) bosses we're talking about.

Also, it's been 48 hours and there still hasn't been a console clear.
Scratch that, apparently there has been a clear on PS4.

Last edited:
From what I understand, it's a combination of mouse aim being superior (weakpoints require precision aim to hit consecutively) and the framerate. The dps window for the first boss is pretty tight, and the fact that it's locked at 30fps makes it even tighter. And again, this is just the first (of four) bosses we're talking about.

Also, it's been 48 hours and there still hasn't been a console clear.
Console gamers are less skilled in general. So not surprised they complaining. All they do is console wars and whine about games being too hard.

Raid is always hard in games. Its for the best of the best players only. Keep practicing and trying it. You will entually succeed.

State of the Game today. Kind of lost track of it, but completed on both Xbox and PS4 and no raid nerf incoming, so pretty cool.

Top Bottom