• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON® BREAKPOINT – Free NEXT-GENERATION CONSOLES Patch announced

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...host-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

This seems to be a true nextgen patch and not a BC mode game, since:

Xbox One X had a dynamic resolution of max 1800p, it was capped at that resolution and was never 4K at all.

PS4 Pro was capped at a dynamic 1440p resolution.

If it would be running in BC mode, the Xbox Series X version would not be native 4K, but 1800p, hence this is a true nextgen patch.

Looking forward to the gameplay videos with the nextgen patch applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive from Series S here, I really am tempted to pick one up...

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is native 4K on XSX compared to sub-4k on PS5:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...host-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

Xbox One X had a dynamic resolution of max 1800p, it was capped at that resolution and was never 4K at all.

If it would be running in BC mode, the Xbox Series X version would not be native 4K, but 1800p, hence this is a true nextgen patch.

Huh? Has nothing to do with BC, the Series S only plays One S BC games which are capped to 900p. Who said anything about BC? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

REDRZA MWS

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is native 4K on XSX compared to sub-4k on PS5:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

It was there on series x day 1. It’s one of the two series x optimized games I own, Gears 5 being the other, also, the MCC was just updated a few hours ago for native 4k/120hz support.

Breakpoint looks GREAT on the Series X.

Denton

I would rather have 1440p/60fps.
You can!

On PC.

I played Breakpoint in 1440p 60fps maxed with RTX2080Ti, so it makes sense that on consoles it runs in 1080p 60fps.

Is the game good yet?

I actually liked it more than Wildlands. More immersive and atmospheric with some nice survival elements added. And it has much more RPGish structure with its sidequests.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Interested to see how it actually performs. On release this thing had performance issues, especially when you look out over the landscape.

Patches are intended to enhance backwards compatibility. If it's a patch, it is BC.

Actual ports to next gen are new versions of the games.

He conveniently left out this part of the screenshot.

Greetings Ghosts,

We are happy to announce that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint will be playable on the next generation of consoles. With our next-gen backwards compatibility, players will also be able to enjoy an enhanced Ghost Recon Breakpoint experience!

With the release of our latest Title Update, TU303, the game will be ready for the next generation of console gaming.

Sadfaceotter

Neo Member
The Xbox Series S not able to hit 60 FPS despite its claims of "up to 120 FPS" should be called out aggressively for the sake of those who plan to purchase it.

This is an unacceptable marketing lie and I will not stand for it!

- Jim Ryan
I am feeling a bit ripped off by Microsoft after purchasing their "60 -120FPS" machine since I only have a 1080P tv, only to find everything is 30FPS, even games that had 60fps modes on the one x?

Impressive from Series S here, I really am tempted to pick one up...
Huh? Has nothing to do with BC, the Series S only plays One S BC games which are capped to 900p. Who said anything about BC? lol

It's backwards compatibility. They can still get patched for some upgrades but these aren't next-gen ports

Last edited:

Allandor

Those are more or less just the "last-gen-mid-gen"-modes. Performance mode just 1080p at 60fps is a bit disappointing. Than why did they made a patch anyway. Why not just leave it on the pro/x patch level. Because of a few more pixels in high res mode but still 30fps?

They should "just" add a dynamic resolution 60fps mode for both and it should also work on last gen mid gen machines.

Last edited:

Goncas2

It's still just running in Back-Compat mode, i.e. the GPU is just emulating GCN, the CPU has limited instructions, etc.
To take full advantages of the console, you need a full new build for the new consoles. This patch is just detecting in what hardware the game is running and adjusting the settings accordingly, by taking advantage of the raw boost power the consoles have.

Native 4K on the X while upscaled 4K on the PS5? Interesting.

Probably due to the beefier GPU. Take note that the GPU mainly affects resolution and the CPU usually decides the frame rate.

Good stuff all round.

Flintty

Same. Its been on the backlog, ready for an update!

Did they ever add the AI teammates back?

I can’t remember. Last time I looked they had added a survival type mode with no loot rarity. I’ll get it updated later and check it out.

Its fun now that they added AI teammates. It was borderline unplayable before.
The final boss was the only moment when I was like "okay, this was clearly designed for co-op". Otherwise, it was perfectly fine solo IMO.

The real issues with the game were the VAST amount of bugs at launch, and the completely unnecessary gear score system. I turned that shit off the moment it was available.

Cravis

Dammit Ubi I would have much, much preferred you do this to Wildlands instead of the turd that is Breakpoint.

jaysius

Banned
When I saw FREE and Breakpoint I thought they'd finally were calling a spade and spade and made it FREE TO PLAY.

Shmunter

Played it for a good period. Performance is solid 60, however still basic BC as you need to chose performance mode knocking it down to 1080p. Still looks great especially in the right lighting condition. The 60 makes the game.

jigglet

Banned

lol I expect a lot of this shit this gen.

Last gen: it's 4k! (now it turns out it was never 4k at all, surprise surprise)

This gen: no...now it's 4k, really! (only last gen patches, new games will still be variable as fuck with enough render scaling to fill an ocean)

Last edited:

Umbral

I‘m surprised. I thought they killed this game after its poor reception and how broken it was. This isn’t Ghost Recon. I skipped it and will never buy it.

Shmunter

I‘m surprised. I thought they killed this game after its poor reception and how broken it was. This isn’t Ghost Recon. I skipped it and will never buy it.
One good thing about ubi is that they don’t throw in the towel quickly. They made it ghost recon again after the scathing reception...this video summarises it well...

Allforce

I played the hell out of Wildlands solo, is this one worth playing by myself? I remember the beta being a mess but Ubi games a year later are often completely different titles.

Top Bottom