• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON® BREAKPOINT – Free NEXT-GENERATION CONSOLES Patch announced

Umbral

One good thing about ubi is that they don’t throw in the towel quickly. They made it ghost recon again after the scathing reception...this video summarises it well...

Thanks. I’ll check it out later, but I’m skeptical. Wildlands was almost a bridge too far for me.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
1080p resolution is piss poor some PS4 back compat games run at a much higher resolution and still give you 60fps.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Thanks. I’ll check it out later, but I’m skeptical. Wildlands was almost a bridge too far for me.
Yeah it’s probably more Wildlands after the update than the amazeballs 360 gen games. I too am conflicted with the open environment stuff.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Series X Tools are in!
Excited Dance GIF

MAX PAYMENT

I really want to like this because Tom clancy tactical games are a dying breed, but this game is still pretty bad.

I'll give it another chance though. Is this an actual ps5 version or a ps4 version update?

wardener89

Neo Member
Wow!! 😡😡1440p at 60fps?! On PS5?!! I guess we could safely assume Ubisoft upcoming Far Cry 6 game will also be running at 1440p in 60fps on PS5. 😡 SO MUCH FOR NEXT GEN EXPERIENCE! WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT BY UBISOFT!!!!
Meme Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Last edited:

TheMan

I played the hell out of Wildlands solo, is this one worth playing by myself? I remember the beta being a mess but Ubi games a year later are often completely different titles.

it’s ok...at launch it sucked because of some gear decisions and lack of ai teammates.
They corrected these mistakes but the game that’s left is just alright. One mechanic I hate hate hate is that helicopters and drones will fly overhead constantly and you have to hide or be detected. You can hide in the dirt even without physical cover but it’s annoying

Allandor

Wow!! 😡😡1440p at 60fps?! On PS5?!! I guess we could safely assume Ubisoft upcoming Far Cry 6 game will also be running at 1440p in 60fps on PS5. 😡 SO MUCH FOR NEXT GEN EXPERIENCE! WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT BY UBISOFT!!!!
Meme Reaction GIF by reactionseditor
It is 1080p at 60fps on PS5, not 1440p. Or 1440p/30. On Series X it is 1440p/60 and 4k/30.
But this is just a BC game and seems to have the same memory limitations like PS4 Pro, while Series S/X can use the whole memory pool.

Kagey K

Banned
It is 1080p at 60fps on PS5, not 1440p. Or 1440p/30. On Series X it is 1440p/60 and 4k/30.
But this is just a BC game and seems to have the same memory limitations like PS4 Pro, while Series S/X can use the whole memory pool.
So do we fault Ubisoft for using what was given to them?

Do we fault MS for actually trying to make your old games better?

Or do we fault Sony for doing as little as they can to make thier games work?

Everyone that downplays what these companies are doing for making thier old games new again and excusing Sony for holding them back, need to only blame themselves

The final boss was the only moment when I was like "okay, this was clearly designed for co-op". Otherwise, it was perfectly fine solo IMO.

The real issues with the game were the VAST amount of bugs at launch, and the completely unnecessary gear score system. I turned that shit off the moment it was available.
Is Jon Bernthal the final boss?

Burger

So do we fault Ubisoft for using what was given to them?

Do we fault MS for actually trying to make your old games better?

Or do we fault Sony for doing as little as they can to make thier games work?

Everyone that downplays what these companies are doing for making thier old games new again and excusing Sony for holding them back, need to only blame themselves

Many of these 'Next Gen' patches are to allow PS4 games to run a little hotter. So to the PS5, it's still a PS4 game, but a flag has been set so the game is allowed extra clock speed.

This is wildly different from an actual PS5 game. For a 'True' next gen patch, the game would have to be submitted to Sony as a new title - a PS5 game which must be a complicated process because almost nobody has done this. Ubi/Activision have done the dual title id thing for Cold War/Assassins Creed - but they also had to develop a bespoke save game transfer function as Sony don't provide this.

Getting a game like Breakpoint running as a true PS5 game is simply not worth the ROI.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...host-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

This seems to be a true nextgen patch and not a BC mode game, since:

Xbox One X had a dynamic resolution of max 1800p, it was capped at that resolution and was never 4K at all.

PS4 Pro was capped at a dynamic 1440p resolution.

If it would be running in BC mode, the Xbox Series X version would not be native 4K, but 1800p, hence this is a true nextgen patch.

Looking forward to the gameplay videos with the nextgen patch applied.
Oh well they uncapped the dynamic resolution... it seems like you expect some foregone conclusion here ;).

Hip Hop

I got this game digitally on PS4 and just trying it out now, i seriously need a ubisoft account to get passed the menu screen?

wtfff

Stitch

Gold Member
One mechanic I hate hate hate is that helicopters and drones will fly overhead constantly and you have to hide or be detected. You can hide in the dirt even without physical cover but it’s annoying
last big update makes it possible to turn off drones and helicopters
edit: there will still be some drones protecting buildings but the random ones in the world are gone

you can also turn on terminators :D

Last edited:
I thought so.
I found him pretty early in the game, just after I saw the drone things take out the boats. I decided to do some exploring and found the compound without knowing what it was so fought my way in and got a cut scene when I entered the building, it took me 3 attempts to kill him and it was a bit anticlimactic to say the least. Pretty much gave up on the game after that thinking there wouldn't be any reason to carry on.

Last edited:

Cravis

It’s a damn shame Ubi won’t give us a Wildlands patch. Nobody wants to play shitty Breakpoint with its shitty drones.

Top Bottom