• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Operation Motherland Teaser

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Bowman is calling Nomad back to Auroa: the Outcasts need help maintaining peace on the island.
Stay tuned for the next Ghost Recon Breakpoint Title Update, coming 2nd November on all platforms.
See you out there, Ghosts.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Play Operation Motherland, the brand new mode in Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Out 2nd November.

Find out more about the new missions, rewards, gameplay and progression systems that await you in this new title update!

Nomad must help Karen Bowman and the Outcasts to liberate the island of Auroa, currently at the center of a global conflict.

There's a hate bridge for anything with the Ubi logo on it, and ESPECIALLY any of the Clancy games.
There's a hate brigade for this game?

Are you implying there isn't any justified hate for every Tom Clancy game after Future Soldier?

The two most recently announced TC games are doing so well aren't they?

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Well. Now I have to buy this game. Anyone know if this got native ports for next gen or is it all backwards compatibility stuff?

Breakpoint was such a disappointment. When it launched I tried so hard to love the game but the "looter shooter" aspect of the game completely took me out of being able to enjoy it so I stopped playing. They did the update where you could turn all that off, dark night mode, added in your squad, the ghost experience, etc. Don't get me wrong it was a MAJOR improvement and I was able to put some serious time into the game, but Auroa and the story is completely not engaging, and fighting giant tank robots doesn't fit into this type of game. Wildlands was one of my favorite games last gen and Breakpoint was a major misstep for me.

I recently returned to Breakpoint. With the gear score turned off and the addition of the squad it should satisfy anyone who liked Wildlands, albeit it's not as good.

GreatnessRD

I recently returned to Breakpoint. With the gear score turned off and the addition of the squad it should satisfy anyone who liked Wildlands, albeit it's not as good.
Oh? They have a toggle option for Gear score now? That's cool indeed. I'll still pass though. This DLC doesn't look half bad though.

Oh? They have a toggle option for Gear score now? That's cool indeed. I'll still pass though. This DLC doesn't look half bad though.
Yeah you can toggle it directly to a sequel to Wildlands now basically, it's just not as polished. But there's a massive drought right now for stuff I'm into so it's getting the job done. I bought the season pass from the current Epic sale.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Alright, can anyone tell me what I'm missing here? This looks like a coop Metal Gear Solid V in terms of gameplay, which sounds awesome.

Is this game great (post patches) or am I not seeing something?

Kacho

Gold Member
Alright, can anyone tell me what I'm missing here? This looks like a coop Metal Gear Solid V in terms of gameplay, which sounds awesome.

Are you familiar with Ghost Recon Wildlands? It was heavily inspired by MGSV but you could play with up to 4 people. This game is the sequel to that but they shit the bed at launch by adding a bunch a Destiny gear score nonsense and enemy levels. This new mode will basically be the Wildlands 2 we all wanted. Great, great fun.

Last edited:
Wow, I had no idea they were still putting out content for this game. That's awesome.

It definitely scratched that MGS itch for me. Only problems were that it was incredibly buggy at launch and the gear score crap (which can now be disabled entirely).

So I've put some hours in the past few days with more tweaks to the immersion settings and I gotta say you can make it very good. It's not like there's much competition right now for single player tactical shooters. This video does a good job at showing what's possible with the new settings. If you're like me and starving for something from this genre it's worth you money on the Epic sale. Especially if you haven't bunt your $10 coupon yet. The graphics can the great. The variety of real world guns is perfect for range nerds and the shooting feels pretty damn good with all the looter shooter stuff turned off. Head shots pop satisfyingly.

Chiggs

So where is the durrr hurrr UbiSoft is greedy and make big bland open world games crew? I mean, here's UbiSoft releasing a massive, free update for Breakpoint, a game that launched in a fairly broken state a couple of years ago, but was nursed back to health by UbiSoft, patch by patch, and here they are continuing to support it? Tell me you're not scattering like the cockroaches you are when something counters your borrowed Jim Sterling wit and lamebrain narrative?

HURRRRRRR DURRRRRR HURRRRRRRR BIG BLAND OPEN WORLD HURRRRRRRRRR UBISOFT GREEDY DURRRRRRR

Keep up the shitposting, you titans of wit and wonder.

Last edited:
I get the vibe this is much better than it was at launch. Me and my bud loooooved Wildlands. We been calling this brokepoint but we randomly said we should give it another shot. Looks like our timing might be ace.

Reactions: Isa

SJRB

Gold Member
Tried the update for a bit yesterday, and it's very all right. Had two crashes though, but that might be because the game struggles when alt-tabbing.

With this update the game tries to go back to what made Wildlands so successful: an entire open world with provinces where you can do missions in any order you want, giving you the ultimate freedom to play however you see fit.

They even imported the Wildlands music, which was a surprise but a welcome one for sure because vanilla Breakpoint lacks basically any form of ambient music.

They also give the Future Soldier and GRAW skins for free, which helps with gearing up your squad like actual Ghosts.

Ultimately though the game still lacks the heart and soul of Wildlands, but it's a huge step in a right direction.

• Thoughtful

Winter John

This game is every bit as good as Hitman
Breakpoint is so far beneath Hitman in terms of quality, strategy, stealth, story, graphics, player choice, re-playability and value for money it's laughable. If Hitman was a Ferrari, Breakpoint would be a burnt out Pontiac Aztek. If Hitman was Margot Robbie. Breakpoint would be Rosie O'Donnell

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Started a new character after not playing for awhile and the game is definitely in a much better state than it was (particularly being able to adjust difficulty settings to bring AURORA inline with BOLIVIA). The always online sucks (my game hasn't crashed but UBISOFT Connect crashes all the time which should lead to a game crash but hasn't yet) and AURORA will never be as vibrant or lived in as the areas in WILDLANDS, but its been an enjoyable romp.

Ho... how the hell did you play Breakpoint and come up with Hitman? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

How is this even possible?

They both involve laying out strategies with a heavy focus on stealth. The freedom of gameplay is far more open in HITMAN and MGSV obviously, as BREAKPOINT is more about fast execution of point-to-point mini engagements. There is still definitely room for imagination though in BP.

Razvedka

Banned
Welcome to hell if so. Ever since Wildlands the series has been in a bad spot. Glad they tried fixing Breakpoint after the Ghost Recon Battle Royale debacle.
In fairness, Operation Motherland had to have been in the works for many months. They didn't release that in response to Ghost Recon Battle Royale stuff.

Kacho

Gold Member
In fairness, Operation Motherland had to have been in the works for many months. They didn't release that in response to Ghost Recon Battle Royale stuff.
Yeah I know, it’s just good timing and optics. Without that things would have been looking bleak.

MAX PAYMENT

I dont really understand the trailer. Is this a separate mode from the main story, or a different modifier to use during the main story.?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Welcome to hell if so. Ever since Wildlands the series has been in a bad spot. Glad they tried fixing Breakpoint after the Ghost Recon Battle Royale debacle.

I'm still interested in Frontline. That trailer was a trainwreck but the player movement looks unbelievably slow and all 3 classes have area control abilities (turret, defensive wall, scout tower) which means it might be a more tactical BR than Warzone or Apex. Interested to see how they recover from that debut.

Kacho

Gold Member
Now I remember why I bounced off this game. I have no idea what the fuck to do. The world is mad confusing and missions are buried under multiple menus. Such a shame what happened to this game.

Mossybrew

Now I remember why I bounced off this game. I have no idea what the fuck to do. The world is mad confusing and missions are buried under multiple menus. Such a shame what happened to this game.
Yup, the structure of the "story mode" is fucking awful. The new mode simplifies the story's convoluted structure and gives you easy to understand goals and divides the island into regions by difficulty.

Top Bottom