• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

SJRB

Gold Member
first8wjg9.jpg

second_bb3slb.jpg

DEVELOPER: Ubisoft Paris
PUBLISHER: Ubisoft
PLATFORMS: PlayStation 4, X-box One & PC
RELEASE DATES: March 7th, Worldwide
GAME SIZE: t.b.c.
DAY ONE PATCH: yes, size t.b.c.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: Ghost Recon
DISCLAIMER: this release kinda snuck up on me so I had to make this thread quick and dirty. Additional info will be added if necessary.

thirdjojb0.jpg

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is an open world, tactical shooter utilising a third person perspective with an optional First-person view for gun aiming. Players play as members of the Ghosts, a "fictional" elite special operations team in the United States Army.

The game takes place in Bolivia in July 2019. The country has become increasingly unstable as the Santa Blanca, a previously minor Mexican drug cartel, gains more power and influence within the county to the point where Bolivia has become a narco-state and the world's largest producer of cocaine. The rise in power of this drug cartel concerns the United States Government, as Santa Blanca's influence has begun to spread beyond Bolivia. The last straw comes when a bomb targets the U.S. embassy in La Paz and its intended target, DEA agent Ricardo "Ricky" Sandoval, is kidnapped, tortured and then killed by the Santa Blanca. As a result, the United States initiates Operation Kingslayer, a joint operation between the CIA, DEA and JSOC. The United States Army dispatches an elite fireteam of special operations unit called "the Ghosts" to destroy the cartel and reveal the connection between Santa Blanca and the local government.

The game features co-operative multiplayer, in which players can be joined by up to three other players to explore the game's world and to complete campaign mission. The game can also be played solo, in which the player will be accompanied by three AI teammates, which the player can give orders to.

fourthxgkkn.jpg

fiftheyk8a.jpg

seventhfqbo9.jpg

M.W.

Will probably pick this up tomorrow. The beta didn't wow me, but I know this is my type of game and that I'll spend plenty of time with it.

UrbanRats

Wanted to get to this after i was done with Nier, then remembered that Nier is out on the 17th, for us PC losers.
Still can't afford to buy both full price tho, so it'll have to wait.

Locked and loaded, even with Horizon and Sniper Elite 4 fighting for my time.

Any details on the day one patch?

Or any information on whats changed/fixed/improved from the open beta to now?

Basketball

I only have one question

Did they add vibration to vehicles when driving ?

It feels so weird driving down a mountain with a dirt bike and feel nothing.

NH Apache

Banned
Yes! Utilized that Target buy 2 get 1 free to get 3 copies for 120. My friends and I are gonna tear Bolivia apart on the bone.

Nice OP!

Gaz_RB

Stability.

Version 1.01

Stability and network improvements
Gameplay fixes

Version 1.02

Engine stability improvements
Network optimizations
Gameplay adjustments and fixes
Climate and general environment tweaks
Additional content support

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/06/gh...s-environment-and-climate-among-other-things/

Peroroncino

Patch notes:

I only have one question

Did they add vibration to vehicles when driving ?

It feels so weird driving down a mountain with a dirt bike and feel nothing.

Nope, no vibrations while driving.

And so far I've noticed a glitch that didn't happen to me in the beta, auto-cover stops working after a while, and it won't fix itself until you hit a loading screen [death/exiting the game], it happens very often and it's annoying af. I've been playing since saturday on PS4 and it's a persisting glitch.

Gaz_RB

Well that's disappointing.

So much for them incorporating beta feedback. Could have sworn I saw some official messaging on their forums to look forward to them spelling out all the changes from the beta.

I bet we'll get some more detailed patch notes detailing what those "gameplay fixes" are.

Sort of wish it was before the game actually comes out though.

Archpath1

Beta left a sour taste.

How much of an improvement is the full release? Handling, connections, fluidness,etc?

To me I felt fat and blocky, guns were a bit iffy

Saw the nice reviews , so I'm looking for impressions now

Xando

FYI PC players can already play via VPN unlock if you want to play early (finished itaqua earlier today)

lem0n

Stoked for this! I've needed a good co-op shooter and my friends and I had a blast in Beta. This will only get better, like Division!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Any changes from the beta?

EDIT: Can you be part of mulltiple task forces, or only one?

Not had that much time with it yet but for one on PC its very smooth and performance is much improved.

Controls feel tighter somehow but driving is still the same as beta it seems.

As for task forces, don't think you can have more than 1 at a time.

Robbok

As it hard as it will be I'll pull myself away from BotW tonight for some co-op tactical action.

Same here. I really liked the Beta with friends, and this is what i preordered for: great open world co-op. I don´t get the Ubisoft hate anyway. I love Farcry 3,4 & Primal, I enjoyed a lot of Assasssins Creed Games, I Like the Division with my Friends (minus Dark Zone), and even Watchdogs wasn´t THAT bad in my opinion. WD2 was also nice.
For me Ubisoft is a very good publisher.

A very, very close friend of mine gifted me this so I'll be playing this evening at 10.

PC: RoulDuke21

I have some time to play inbetween working on finishing up my novel for release hopefully later this month(heh maybe a bit longer if how much I enjoyed the alpha and beta were any indication).

I didn't get to play the beta (Damn you, work!), but I heard that the vehicle driving was ungood.. is this still the case with the game?

Otherwise it looks like a game I would really enjoy, as I get a lot of value out of other Ubisoft games. Only single player though, I have no friends.

Top Bottom