• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

dragos495

it runs exactly the same as the last beta. 7700k stock with 1080sc.

got it for free cuz of the 1080 but i will play it!

down 2 orth

I don't get the hate for this either. Based on the beta experience it's the first Ubi game that I've wanted to play since Asscreed 4. Going to keep an eye on reviews, but I'll be on it either tonight or tomorrow.

FiraB

Banned
Running the same cpu here but with a 1070, hoping it can perform decently here.

You should easily be right, but you will have to knock things down for 60fps if you want it.

I've knocked down a few settings to get it, but test it in-game vs the benchmark as the performance difference between it and in-game is different. In the benchmark I maintain 42-38fps yet in-game I'm sitting at 60fps.

GravyButt

Decided to preorder it because of what the game is. The beta was far from perfect but hopefully if it does well the next iteration will be really good.

luulubuu

They call her Big Boss, La Gran Jefa
qrU1qpx.jpg

Edit:
Played like an hour and I feel the framerate is a bit worse than the beta, slightly worse but noticiable with the same preset, day 1 patch, maybe?

There will be a GAF squad or something?

Just copied this from the Uplay launcher for those wondering about official start times.

AiC4C8t.jpg

Excellent, that means 10pm colorado time.

HYYYYYPE, I love it when they do digital releases at 9/10pm.

PC version trailer looks incredible, I'd be willing to drop down to 30fps just for the sweet grass effects. This kind of game I don't need 60 FPS, and the Alpha performance was spotty at times, but the open beta ran like 75% better on higher settings for me, so I'm hoping performance either gets better or stays the same. It was literally mostly 60fps in the beta with wonderful IQ tbh. My friend ran it even better he has a 1070 if I remember correctly compared to my 980.

Whatever this engine is, it's a marvel.

Kadin

Yeah I saw it earlier when I was browsing the menus, it's pretty stupid when you have a expensive season pass with the game already.
I was really, really close to buying the Gold version but I told myself I'll never buy the passes before launch again just because I've been burned too many times. I'll be glad to be wrong here, I hope they do them right.

Jtrizzy

So I guess being able to chat in this game will be super important? VC isn't really an option for me at the times I can play games (at night)

FiraB

Banned
So I guess being able to chat in this game will be super important? VC isn't really an option for me at the times I can play games (at night)

PC player? Type message, press T and chat away.

Don't know about how it's handled for console players unfortunately.

Belker

I *think* that there are still group commands on the command rose in coop, at least on console. So you could definitely coordinate a bit.

I suspect your best bet is to spend a few minutes talking before a session about roles and what you could do silently. You could always be be a one-man recon/sniper team, providing enemy positions with a drone and overwatch. You'd have to let someone else call timing of sync shots etc.

Tecnniqe

Banned
qrU1qpx.jpg

Edit:
Played like an hour and I feel the framerate is a bit worse than the beta, slightly worse but noticiable with the same preset, day 1 patch, maybe?

There is a task force

GreyWind

Wow the lack of facial hair options is actually appalling. I thought it had few options in the beta because it was pre release but this is no excuse.

MUnited83

For you.
qrU1qpx.jpg

Edit:

ahahaha, that's exactly the character i made in the beta

cripterion

Game is officially out in Europe, still no official Nvidia drivers... You would think bundling the game with their cards would speed up the process yet they had 0 drivers out for both betas.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When was the last time their game was complete mess on PC? That will be Unity in 2014.

Unity's problem was and presumably still is scaling to lower-end systems. It ran fine if you had north of 8GB RAM and a least 3GB VRAM.

Samikaze

Do you unlock more clothing items later on or what you see in character customization menu is all what you get?

The Beta showed a few glasses and hats you unlock later on.
The season pass also mentioned there were going to be Rebel and Santa Blanca inspired clothing as well, so I'm willing to bet there's more in the world than we've seen already.

Interesting, I think I made that assumption based on the very first trailer. I'll have to catch some day one streams and see whats going on

Think, GTA in the jungle, co op, dynamic missions and high loot and customization tables well polished. Ya.

Wow the lack of facial hair options is actually appalling. I thought it had few options in the beta because it was pre release but this is no excuse.

appalling? lol

GreyWind

The Beta showed a few glasses and hats you unlock later on.
The season pass also mentioned there were going to be Rebel and Santa Blanca inspired clothing as well, so I'm willing to bet there's more in the world than we've seen already.

I'm just shocked that there are only 4 boots in the game. What the hell! All I wanted was my character to look like this

cNJfU3E.jpg

but those boots are no where to be found. I think only 4 options is just lazy

Think, GTA in the jungle, co op, dynamic missions and high loot and customization tables well polished. Ya.

appalling? lol
Yes, it's pure laziness.

Samikaze

I'm just shocked that there are only 4 boots in the game. What the hell! All I wanted was my character to look like this

cNJfU3E.jpg

but those boots are no where to be found. I think only 4 options is just lazy.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the clothing options in the game. Hopefully that's an option, just with pants bloused up too.
The opening segment had them spend time talking about how they sneaked into the country and their past deniable ops, yet I can only dress like an obvious American Operator or a tourist with guns on my back, leaving all sorts of eye witnesses to our clandestine operation. I wanted to look more indigenous.

I know that's dumb, but it takes me out of it. I ended up spending as much time as possible avoiding contact with civilians to keep it somewhat believable for me.

So I've crashed twice to the desktop and blue screened once with an error code of: Memory management. Is anyone else crashing is it a memory leak? I think I'm done for tonight.

Pc specs
Win 10 64bit
i7 4770k
16gb ram
SLI 780ti's
Installed on SSD
Most settings on medium to high with HBAO+ enabled.
😠

Woo-Fu

Banned
So I've crashed twice to the desktop and blue screened once with an error code of: Memory management. Is anyone else crashing is it a memory leak? I think I'm done for tonight.

Disable SLI if you haven't already, the only people I've seen crashing frequently just happen to have SLI rigs.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Game is officially out in Europe, still no official Nvidia drivers... You would think bundling the game with their cards would speed up the process yet they had 0 drivers out for both betas.
It's weird. People are saying the reason is because of a disputes between Nvidia and Ubisoft but at the same time they use Nvidia turf effect :3
Oh sorry, how can I join? (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*: ・゚
https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/1166/NeoGAF
Disable SLI if you haven't already, the only people I've seen crashing frequently just happen to have SLI rigs.
SLI don't work at all in this. Got 30fps on low disabled the SLI and now like 55-60fps on what, vhigh-ultra

Kadin

Just had a nice 3hr session with a couple friends. A lot more fun than I thought it would be and other than a few occasions where the game seemed to hard lock for like 5 seconds, it played perfectly. Pretty impressed overall with gameplay and graphics.

cripterion

It's weird. People are saying the reason is because of a disputes between Nvidia and Ubisoft but at the same time they use Nvidia turf effect :3

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/1166/NeoGAF

SLI don't work at all in this. Got 30fps on low disabled the SLI and now like 55-60fps on what, vhigh-ultra

A dispute? Yeah that would be odd since they bundle the game with their cards, they always had support for Ubi games and they feature some of their Gameworks tech in them... but I could had sworn there was a mention of Game Ready drivers on this Nvidia blog and I don't see it anymore (or I'm blind).
Game doesn't even appear on Geforce Experience by the way.

Kathanan

Yeah I saw it earlier when I was browsing the menus, it's pretty stupid when you have a expensive season pass with the game already.
If you are talking about the guns..all those guns are in the game for you to find..thats just for the lazy ones

Top Bottom