• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD for PS3 confirmed (xbox 1 screens)

Unity2012

RevDM said:
so does the EU store have it up yet? I need some game play footy

Same here. There is no much out there in terms of gameplay footage. I've seen great videos for Ico, SOTC and CE Anniversary but nothing for this set.

If anyone has a link to some footage, please share.

Thank you.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
When do we get this in the US... any indication yet? I want it really bad but not bad enough to set up alt PSN accounts.

Dave1988

Eagerly awaiting impressions on this from fellow Gafers. I want to buy this collection but I think it's wise to wait for feedback on how it runs/looks first.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Looking at the trophy list it appears that they didn't bother to include any of these levels (SC1):

PS2 Bonus Mission
-Nuclear Power Plant

Xbox/PC DLC
-Kola Cell
-Vselka Infiltration
-Vselka Submarine

Which makes this port completely meaningless to me.

KageMaru

Stallion Free said:
Looking at the trophy list it appears that they didn't bother to include any of these levels (SC1):

PS2 Bonus Mission
-Nuclear Power Plant

Xbox/PC DLC
-Kola Cell
-Vselka Infiltration
-Vselka Submarine

Well the xbox/PC DLC are co-op missions IIRC, so it may not have been worth the effort porting when only a small fraction of the audience will play co-op split-screen. (assuming split-screen co-op is still an option)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
KageMaru said:
Well the xbox/PC DLC are co-op missions IIRC, so it may not have been worth the effort porting when only a small fraction of the audience will play co-op split-screen. (assuming split-screen co-op is still an option)
They aren't co-op. There was no co-op in Splinter Cell 1. All those missions are for Splinter Cell 1.

Deepo

Oh look, UbiSoft has skipped Y-axis inversion in all three titles. I guess they removed it to make room for stereoscopic 3D...

FFS UBI! :(

Kinyou

Stallion Free said:

PS2 Bonus Mission
-Nuclear Power Plant

Xbox/PC DLC
-Kola Cell
-Vselka Infiltration
-Vselka Submarine

I wouldn't bother too much since I remember those missions to be pretty shitty.

Edit: that is for the xbox missions; don't know about the ps2 one

Deepo said:
Oh look, UbiSoft has skipped Y-axis inversion in all three titles. I guess they removed it to make room for stereoscopic 3D...

wtf? why remove Y-axis inversion? And what has the inversion to do with 3d? It's a simple code line it wouldn't take any space at all.

SkylineRKR

I only bought CT so far because its my favourite.

The first thing I noticed is that its not 1080p this game runs on. Its 720p my telly switches to. The framerate seems to be locked at 30, although the game sometimes freezes for a really really short split second (it probably triggers something).

The graphics are still very good, they could pass as early current gen. I'm under the impression that Ubi did a better job on this than they did on PoP. This game is a port of the PC or Xbox for sure, it has the level layout and lighting of those versions. The gameplay held up surprisingly well, I beat the first few levels and still enjoyed doing so. Many ways to KO or kill your opponents.

No 1080p is a bit glaring, but on the whole I still love this game. And its better than I remember the Xbox version via the 360's BC.

Deepo

Kinyou said:
I wouldn't bother too much since I remember those missions to be pretty shitty.

Edit: that is for the xbox missions; don't know about the ps2 one

wtf? why remove Y-axis inversion? And what has the inversion to do with 3d? It's a simple code line it wouldn't take any space at all.

My attempt at a bad joke :) It has nothing to do with it of course.

Some quick impressions about the graphics:

-The first game seems to be missing a lot of lighting effects that was in the Pc version.
-The second seems to have kept a lot more of the effects, but the frame rate struggles a bit here.
-The third game looks quite good.

But I'm really not enjoying it much since I can't invert, so I think I'll just wait for a patch.

SkylineRKR said:
The graphics are still very good, they could pass as early current gen. I'm under the impression that Ubi did a better job on this than they did on PoP. This game is a port of the PC or Xbox for sure, it has the level layout and lighting of those versions .

Do they suffer from that "cell-shaded" look that was so prevalent in the preview shots?

Stallion Free said:

PS2 Bonus Mission
-Nuclear Power Plant

Xbox/PC DLC
-Kola Cell
-Vselka Infiltration
-Vselka Submarine

Well, of course they didn't, they're Ubi!

Cudder

Wow, the trophies for these games look to be quite challenging, but fun! Can't wait to get the Blu Ray version in the US!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cudder said:
Wow, the trophies for these games look to be quite challenging, but fun! Can't wait to get the Blu Ray version in the US!

Wait...there's only one platinum trophy? All three games share one trophy list?

Hyphen

Deepo said:

I've never played a Splinter Cell game before so can I just confirm something? Are we talking about the camera here, and that pushing up on the right stick will be up and down will be down, with no option to invert it?

kuYuri

SkylineRKR said:
I only bought CT so far because its my favourite.

The first thing I noticed is that its not 1080p this game runs on. Its 720p my telly switches to. The framerate seems to be locked at 30, although the game sometimes freezes for a really really short split second (it probably triggers something).

The graphics are still very good, they could pass as early current gen. I'm under the impression that Ubi did a better job on this than they did on PoP. This game is a port of the PC or Xbox for sure, it has the level layout and lighting of those versions. The gameplay held up surprisingly well, I beat the first few levels and still enjoyed doing so. Many ways to KO or kill your opponents.

No 1080p is a bit glaring, but on the whole I still love this game. And its better than I remember the Xbox version via the 360's BC.

You can pretty much expect all the HD collections to be 720p, both the God of War and PoP collections were.

Hyphen said:
I've never played a Splinter Cell game before so can I just confirm something? Are we talking about the camera here, and that pushing up on the right stick will be up and down will be down, with no option to invert it?

Correct.

itxaka

Defeatist
SkylineRKR said:
I wouldn't call the looks 'cell shaded', it looks quite raw. Different than that posted PC picture.

Can you snap a pic of it? I would love to get it but the screens posted look ridonkulous.

RedSwirl

Cudder said:

From what I'm seeing on Chaos Theory not really. Disappointed that there isn't a trophy for beating the entire game perfect stealth.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
rvy said:
Any footage yet? YouTube has nothing on PS3 Chaos Theory.

It looks great, really crispy.

Cudder said:

Yeah, I don't want to start on expert though, hardly remember much now lol.

Chaos Theory made the original Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow look very shabby when it released in 2005.

Splinter Cell was incredible looking in 2002 due to it's lighting, but in every other respect the game wasn't that technically impressive. So I'm not surprised it hasn't aged well in the looks department. But it's still a great game, regardless of what it looks like.

V_Ben

Banned
I bought the first splinter cell with my plus discount... The lighting is still incredible... But man, there's some slowdown, seemingly at random. Kinda disappointing, but there doesnt appear to be any obvious tearing, so that's something. It's still great fun though.

ss_lemonade

What happened to the lighting? I remember seeing shadows and godrays coming from the window blinds in the original xbox/pc version

V_Ben

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Yeah that's a pretty disappointing omission. The 720p youtube clip looks really disappointing as well. Why does Ubisoft put so little effort into these ports compared to the Sony ones?

Your answer is in the question. I don't think I've seen a Ubisoft port with effort put in, save for BG & E HD.

RedSwirl

I just remembered that I only played the firs two Splinter Cell games on Gamecube. That footage looks way better than what I remember from the cube version. I've thought about either getting this version of the original or buying the PC version, but I already have Chaos Theory which now is the only SC game you REALLY need.

RedSwirl said:
I just remembered that I only played the firs two Splinter Cell games on Gamecube. That footage looks way better than what I remember from the cube version. I've thought about either getting this version of the original or buying the PC version, but I already have Chaos Theory which now is the only SC game you REALLY need.

nah, OG Splinter Cell is pretty close to my heart.
CIA mission is one of my favorites in any game ever.

tzare

how big are those remakes? i mean HDD space. I still don't know if wait for BRD release or buy them just now

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If I made a EU account.. could I buy and play these on all my PSN profiles and have it track trophies and whatnot?

Top Bottom