• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Vashu

Yeah, looking forward to those as well. Didn't get to complete the vanity sets yet, but there are more GE's to come anyway. ^_^

I wonder what the next one will be and bring, can't find anything on their website yet, maybe someone knows more?

GazzaGSi

Yeah, looking forward to those as well. Didn't get to complete the vanity sets yet, but there are more GE's to come anyway. ^_^

I wonder what the next one will be and bring, can't find anything on their website yet, maybe someone knows more?

It'll probably be the assault GE that was on the PTS. So falcon lost, Russian consulate, Queens etc but I can't remember the modifiers.

With the vanity sets, do you mean the encrypted cache items from the premium vendor? If so there's alot of quick fire commendations to get fragments to make up a key. Think it's on the exploration tab in the commendations where it gives you a fragment for equipping 6 pieces of the same set (it doesn't mean classifieds) so I just put on everything in my stash and it was enough for a key.

Got the mask and a cache, DeadEye mask from the cache but it would've been so sweet for it to be a backpack with it being the item I'm missing.

Classifieds are dropping out in the open world now as per exotics. Reports of them being found in proficiency caches and the DZ already so if you're missing some you can start the grind right away.

Hopefully they'll release all the masks in the future that can be earned in your own time. Fair play to the grinders and cheeses who spent their time burning through clear skies and got their 3 masks, hopefully they can have their exclusivity for abit then they'll be obtainable for everyone working through a list of tasks or something.

Vashu

Yeah, I was farming some of those fragments just now. Unfortunately, I got duplicates twice in a row. Like, six vanity items that I already had.. Which sucks.

Now I gotta farm 5 more fragments. XD

GazzaGSi

Yeah, I was farming some of those fragments just now. Unfortunately, I got duplicates twice in a row. Like, six vanity items that I already had.. Which sucks.

Now I gotta farm 5 more fragments. XD

Its a shame the dupes crop up so often. When I first loaded 1.7 I had 12 keys from completed commendations and on my third key I got 2 dupes. Like Wtf give me a break lol
Overall though I've been pleased with this way to accumulate premium vendor items as I haven't spent a penny at that vendor but now getting items I wouldn't have owned. Some of the new emotes aren't bad neither :)

FWIW, my commendation score is currently 1810 and I started 1.7 at 1150.

rpcdrag0n

I got some stuff!! Rewards vendor had a trench mask for me, which is horrible, along with a classified gear cache which had one lone star piece in. Not too bad.

Look forward to the next one.

GazzaGSi

So if you want to check your leaderboard position even though they're offline, open up the leaderboard and press triangle (PS4) and it shows the last GE leaderboard. According to my rank and how many people have played I should've been top tier for all 3 masks as I was in the top 10% but received 1.

All the numbers across all platforms are here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/6vfih4/final_xbox_ge_leaderboard_statistics/

You just need your own rank to determine what you should've gotten.

Massive fail.

Vashu

Cool be interesting to see what is said, I know I had much better 'hours' than the leaderboard showed. Guessing they will just give everyone something and hopefully change the way it works for the next one.

Personally, I would've loved to see something like everybody gets the same masks, but people can customize them with the things they got in the tiers.

That being said, not a fan of tying down anything to a leaderboard for a (mostly) PVE game like this. Hopefully it means more stuff.

I mean, the Tier 2 mask is awesome and more people should have it and be able to make it their own. Give us stuff like those patches to really help people set themselves apart with their masks.

I'm at level 28 and will hit 29 once I do General Assembly with my second PC character which will allow me 6 more Loadouts. I've allso rediscovered my love for bolt-action rifles in this playthrough so I'll probably try a DeadEYE build first when hitting 30.

I think I'll use this character for specialty builds and my other for my all-around builds/use.

Ubi-Johan asked for my Uplay details so some of us might be getting Tier 2/3 rewards as apparently the leaderboards were even more inaccurate than previously thought. We'll see...

Vashu

I'm at level 28 and will hit 29 once I do General Assembly with my second PC character which will allow me 6 more Loadouts. I've allso rediscovered my love for bolt-action rifles in this playthrough so I'll probably try a DeadEYE build first when hitting 30.

I think I'll use this character for specialty builds and my other for my all-around builds/use.

Ubi-Johan asked for my Uplay details so some of us might be getting Tier 2/3 rewards as apparently the leaderboards were even more inaccurate than previously thought. We'll see...

Oh, that'd be cool. Because yeah, when we finally team up I want you to have the same awesome mask as I do. :)

I'm not counting on getting the Tier 3 rewards though, because I dropped pretty low on the ranking I believe. What would the number of people on PC in Tier 3 be if they go by the logic of the PS4 users total, Gazza?

GazzaGSi

Oh, that'd be cool. Because yeah, when we finally team up I want you to have the same awesome mask as I do. :)

I'm not counting on getting the Tier 3 rewards though, because I dropped pretty low on the ranking I believe. What would the number of people on PC in Tier 3 be if they go by the logic of the PS4 users total, Gazza?

The PC leaderboard tracked 115,193 during the GE so top 10% would be down to position 11,519. The last place eligible for a reward in tier 1 accumulated 1267 GE tokens.

If you go to the leaderboard on your game it says offline but you can view the previous GE leaderboard, then click find me and you'll see your position. If you're within the 11,519 users you should've gotten tier 3 rewards.

Haganeren

Say, if you wanted to see improvement in the game, what will they be like ? It seems UbiSoft cleared most problems with patches but is there some annoying ones remaining ? (Especially beginners but i'm also wondering for experienced player)

GazzaGSi

1) Lag
2) Heal delay
3) NPC grenade stagger before nade explodes
4) Massive nerfing things too far to the point they're worthless
5) PVP 'balance' effecting PVE. They should be separate modifiers.
6) Classifieds should've been a new gear score. Loot will be worthless soon as everyone will just want classifieds so 80% of everything will be pointless and be immediate deconstruct once more classifieds are out.

Haganeren

Oh... Indeed that's sad.

2) Heal delay

Isn't that kinda cool though ? Especially for a cover shooter. You need to be very careful because you can't heal instantly.

3) NPC grenade stagger before nade explodes

Only NPC Grenade ? I wonder why... So like you and the ennemy are staggered before the whole grenade explode.... Some kind of lag i suppose ?

4) Massive nerfing things too far to the point they're worthless

Ah ah, it reminds me of fighting game. So there is viable strategy that aren't viable anymore because of nerf if i understand well ?

5) PVP 'balance' effecting PVE. They should be separate modifiers.

That's quite interesting.
Do you have a specific example in mind ?

6) Classifieds should've been a new gear score. Loot will be worthless soon as everyone will just want classifieds so 80% of everything will be pointless and be immediate deconstruct once more classifieds are out.

I... Don't think i understand this one.
I mean i understand that if you create a new set of "super" armor, it will mean everything below isn't worth it anymore but i'm not sure about what you propose... What does "been a new gear score" mean ?

GazzaGSi

Isn't that kinda cool though ? Especially for a cover shooter. You need to be very careful because you can't heal instantly.

In PVE it's more predictable so you can compensate the delay. It isn't a game feature, it's a problem Massive have been investigating since the early days and never found a solution. In PVP it's difficult because people run different builds so you could be getting melted, hit your heal and you're dead before the heal works and when you're down you'll see your green speckles from your heal so it's registered you've pressed heal but the effect for your character doesn't instantly happen.

Only NPC Grenade ? I wonder why... So like you and the ennemy are staggered before the whole grenade explode.... Some kind of lag i suppose ?

Yep, you'll get the red ring of a grenade landing within your vacinity and before it explodes the grenade has staggered your character so you can not move nor evade the explosion radius and if you're in cover the grenade stagger knocks you out of cover leaving you worthless for acouple of seconds.

Ah ah, it reminds me of fighting game. So there is viable strategy that aren't viable anymore because of nerf if i understand well ?

Correct. Weapons that were decent have had damage output lowered, recoil and stability increased for example.
More recent, seekers mine received a 60% damage reduction.

That's quite interesting.
Do you have a specific example in mind ?

Seeker Mines for example received a 60% damage reduction as they were rife in PVP and caused alot of annoyance amongst the community but that damage nerf also carried over to PVE so they're worthless against npcs with huge health.

D3fnc received a nerf where it's bonus health changed to damage to elites so the shield is weaker.

Sticky bomb received a delay before detonation to allow people who PVP to move out of the blast radius but now npcs also move out of the radius. This was to combat the 'one shot' sticky bomb in PVP but again, PVE effected also.

DeadEye originally started as no zoom required for 100% crit chance, then it changed to 100% crit chance when zoomed and more recently changed again to 100% crit chance when only in cover and zoomed. Again, changed for PVP which also effects PVE.

I... Don't think i understand this one.
I mean i understand that if you create a new set of "super" armor, it will mean everything below isn't worth it anymore but i'm not sure about what you propose... What does "been a new gear score" mean ?

The current gear score is 256. Over the last 18 months we've seen the gear score increase which gives items with better stats so you re-grind your gear for the better stats.

Classified gear has come with better stats but the same gear score. The drop rate for classified items is extremely low so you'll more often than not get none classified gear which will be worthless because why would you want gear with poorer stats when better gear is available but the drop rate is that low we'll be flooded with pointless loot.

Not a single mention of the Leaderboards being inaccurate concerning scoring during the SotG? Seriously? The percentages concerning Tiers/Scores/Rewards wasn't the only issue with the whole ordeal but also the simple idea of actually reporting the correct highs for one hour runs for the players.

GazzaGSi

Not a single mention of the Leaderboards being inaccurate concerning scoring during the SotG? Seriously? The percentages concerning Tiers/Scores/Rewards wasn't the only issue with the whole ordeal but also the simple idea of actually reporting the correct highs for one hour runs for the players.

Jesus Yannick confused me just trying to explain how they were originally calculated to determine your rank and position. Why the hell they have to over complicate things I don't know.

At least it looks like now I'll get all 3 masks now they're actually doing the leaderboard how they stated Monday with the percentage from the total player base.

When he was talking about whether to run Outbreak again or not, I personally wish they would. Just disable the leaderboard and play to enjoy the outbreak event rather than having to grind to make the leaderboard.

Vashu

Agreed Gazza, I liked Outbreak. Keep it up until the next event, just without the leaderboard.

Plus, there's something about the headshot splat sounds. :D

If we could keep earning Global Event points that'd be great too.

Re. the headshots, they should make it visible for everyone when somebody makes it. Currently you only see it in enemies you kill yourself.

I really enjoyed the GE and would probably prefer them fortnightly - a week a month is cool but I want MORE :)

It doesn't sound like this is even going to happen plus they've stated that some Global Events may only be for a weekend rather than a whole week. It's definitely not on a schedule that many thought was going to be once every four weeks.

My guess is they only have a few modifiers that they've actually tested extensively in-game.

GazzaGSi

Thanks a lot GazzaGSi, i was kinda curious about the game and you answered me with lot of details.

No problem, I'm not the most experienced player who post here but played enough to know what problems are still around with the game. They have however, made signing improvements over the last 18 months since the game was released to keep me hooked enough. Hell, I've still got games like Horizon and Tomb Raider still sealed because the first thing I do when I boot up the console is load Division lol

It doesn't sound like this is even going to happen plus they've stated that some Global Events may only be for a weekend rather than a whole week. It's definitely not on a schedule that many thought was going to be once every four weeks.

My guess is they only have a few modifiers that they've actually tested extensively in-game.

Did you try the Assault GE on the PTS? I didn't so just curious if you new what the modifiers were. They really need to ditch tying masks in to leaderboards that's for sure. I've seen tie them in to commendations banded around the Internet but if that's the case the only real way that would work is to tie them into the GE Assault commendations otherwise people may have completed more generic commendations.

GE has been great but boy, I really hope the hype from the ETF regarding 1.8 is true because it desperately needs NEW content, not reworked stuff anymore. Having said that, make a WT6 based around survival going out for supplies, building a new BoO etc and I'd be set for many more weeks!

Did you try the Assault GE on the PTS? I didn't so just curious if you new what the modifiers were. They really need to ditch tying masks in to leaderboards that's for sure. I've seen tie them in to commendations banded around the Internet but if that's the case the only real way that would work is to tie them into the GE Assault commendations otherwise people may have completed more generic commendations.

GE has been great but boy, I really hope the hype from the ETF regarding 1.8 is true because it desperately needs NEW content, not reworked stuff anymore. Having said that, make a WT6 based around survival going out for supplies, building a new BoO etc and I'd be set for many more weeks!

No, I didn't try it because the GE in general kept getting delayed and I just said screw it and was busy playing other stuff when the GE finally went live in the PTS.

I've heard it is a modifier that modifies how much damage you do based on your proximity to the enemy. Also, the Assault Commendations are already in the game (at least they are for me) as I've nearly unlocked (it's counting towards it even though it's not a GE) the LMB named boss one which also unlocks a patch.

Edit: I can confirm that if you kill 30 LMB Bosses you'll unlock the "Assault Boss Killer: Kill 30 LMB Bosses during Assault" commendation from the GE Assault tab in the Dossier which gives you the green Statue of Liberty face patch.

Concerning the bolded, I've been asking and hoping for a survival mode like that since the Survival Mode we got was released.

----------------------------------------------

I've set my main character up with this look (no jacket)...

6-piece Classified Lone Star Gear Set
Spacefarer hat
Riot pants
LMB Officer shirt
Red Shemagh scarf
Riot boots
Trench mask

...with Solid Red weapon skins, I look like I could easily be a new character in the Metal Gear Solid universe.

Does the MG5 not roll Destructive for some reason? I just spent 5000 PxC trying to get it to roll to no avail. Never had that issue before as it seemed to be one of the easier options to get to roll.

Also opened 65 Field Proficiency Caches tonight and got one piece of Classified gear.

rpcdrag0n

Does the MG5 not roll Destructive for some reason? I just spent 5000 PxC trying to get it to roll to no avail. Never had that issue before as it seemed to be one of the easier options to get to roll.

Also opened 65 Field Proficiency Caches tonight and got one piece of Classified gear.

Oh god, getting those two lone star pieces is going to kill me.

WTF, I've cleared everything on the map yet I'm missing...

3 Phone Recordings
1 Drone
1 ECHO
1 Survival Guide

Edit: Nevermind, I found them. If it happens to anyone else just look at the Intel tab on the map and the missing ones should show up even though they're not on the main map page.

Edit 2: Got about 90 Field Proficiency Caches from just going around the map and collecting everything. Now to the Underground to re-collect everything and work on some commendations there.

Edit 3: Made it to 15/20 Missions Completed into Stage 3 concerning the Underground Recon Commendation (Complete Underground Missions with all 5 Directives active). I'm a little scared to see how many missions you have to do for Stages 4 and 5. I want that patch.

Edit 4: Oh wow, to get to Stage 4 you have to complete 50 Underground Missions with 5 Directives active. I can almost guarantee to get to Stage 5 (to get the patch) it will be a 100 completions. Yeah, this is going to take a bit of time. At least I'm 20% there...

GazzaGSi

So Division have sent afew tweets out that either hints at the 1.8 update content or even Division 2. Personally I think it's 1.8, artwork, coordinates and some clues have been tweeted. People seem to think this relates to central park and more.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame

Yesterday coordinates gave the location of Madison Square and Napalm. Today's coordinates Police Academy and Lexington.

Vashu

Yep, this looks like it is the Assault Global Event. Chances are, it drops next Tuesday if they're teasing it now.

Which is cool by me! ^_^

GazzaGSi

Next cryptic is:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Rumour is possible factions teaming up in some kind of survival/wave based thing.

Yep, this looks like it is the Assault Global Event.

The next GE is Assault which is LMB orientated as per what was tested on the PTS. I think it's something unrelated to the GE Assault.

Vashu

Next cryptic is:

Rumour is possible factions teaming up in some kind of survival/wave based thing.

The next GE is Assault which is LMB orientated as per what was tested on the PTS. I think it's something unrelated to the GE Assault.

Ah, I thought it involved all the factions. But yeah, then this could be a brand new GE, which is odd since they should be teasing the Assault one. :p

We'll see though, could be good.

How's everyone finding the classified drop rate post-GE? I've personally had zero classified pieces drop after numerous LZ/DZ boss runs and plenty of proficiency caches as I run at +81%xp plus accomplished.

How's everyone finding the classified drop rate post-GE? I've personally had zero classified pieces drop after numerous LZ/DZ boss runs and plenty of proficiency caches as I run at +81%xp plus accomplished.

I've opened 120+ Field Proficiency Caches since the end of Global Event Outbreak and have received one piece of Classified gear.

That said, I already had all three full sets so it's not that big a deal for me especially with the ability to re-roll two different perks/stats on Classified gear.

In any case, the chances aren't very high of getting Classified gear through regular drops.

And I have about another 5 runs or so in me before I run out of Directive Intel which I need to run Underground Missions with all Directives active. I need 5 Directive Intel per mission. You would think collecting Directive Intel in The Underground would be plentiful but it is not.

32 Underground Missions with all Directives active down, just 68 more to go...

Man, just let me play the game without have to go farm this stuff. The Underground is mostly a ghost town now anyways compared to even a few months ago.

GazzaGSi

Had 3 from 2 LZ named boss runs. Can't complain really, it is only 3% drop rate from them and 1% from caches so knew I wouldn't get them frequently. DZ is best place to farm for them with more places to find them, bosses, contamination events and supply drops.

So, LMB and Cleaners working together in this pic:
https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/901818734767206400

Had 3 from 2 LZ named boss runs. Can't complain really, it is only 3% drop rate from them and 1% from caches so new I wouldn't get them frequently. DZ is best place to farm for them with more places to find them, bosses, contamination events and supply drops.

So, LMB and Cleaners working together in this pic:
https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/901818734767206400

This stuff is definitely the beginning of the buildup towards the 1.8 Update/Content release. Will be curious to see how much they actually market it given that it's a free update.

GazzaGSi

Latest tweet:

Backup activated. System rebooted. Tracking signal source.

So the first 2 parts to that are what's communicated when you enter the DZ. Tracking signal source could be a message to lead you to new areas like CP or something. If they keep expanding the DZ I hope there's PVE areas around of it this time unlike the current DZ north.

Latest tweet:

So the first 2 parts to that are what's communicated when you enter the DZ. Tracking signal source could be a message to lead you to new areas like CP or something. If they keep expanding the DZ I hope there's PVE areas around of it this time unlike the current DZ north.

We certainly don't need anymore expansion of the DZ as a focal point of new content, at least I certainly hope not.

If they don't do something about the lag on PC soon I'm going to drop the game completely as the frustrations simply aren't worth it especially with the likes of Destiny 2 incoming extremely soon. "We're investigating, blah, blah, blah" simply isn't good enough at this point.

Simply put, all other game's online components (including The Division on Xbox) work flawlessly on PC or otherwise on my network as well as numerous tests come back clean concerning my connection and whatnot. Tipping point has been reached...

Got another one:

So, State of the Game announcement then? I pray that Central Park is not a PvP-only space.

The only way I would want more DZ is if they make a PvE only version that has Legendary AI mobs/Landmarks and Hunters at Extraction Zones with a lot of randomness included as well. Considering they have already stated that a PvE only DZ is never happening then, well, forget it...

Edit: Looks like maybe a 1.8 trailer on Wednesday and a SotG discussion on it on Thursday.

Then again, knowing Massive, even if there is a trailer they may choose to ignore it and tell jokes for 20 minutes on Thursday. One thing is for certain they will not venture into a discussion regarding lag on the PC version nor will they broach the topic of inaccurate leaderboard scoring.

Top Bottom