• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Bit of a broad and probably frequently asked question but curious what the current state of 'end game' is in divison? I played the crap out of the game at launch but quit due to the end game essentially being repeat missions or dark zone. What do we have now as a reason to get good gear and become more powerful?

For example diablo 3 greater rift system, gives a purpose for that 1% upgrade.

Destiny to a lesser extent makes raiding easier.

Hey guys. Just re-installed the division on my PS4. Never got into the expansions but did play a good amount of end game. Played a few incursions but never got to finish it. I used to play with my brothers but they do not care about the game anymore. Always Looking for new people to play with;My PSN is Blakpanther25.

rpcdrag0n

Added you!

Be great if anyone fancied assisting me with Falcon Lost or Stolen Signal as I've never completed them, got right to the end on both and then for separate reasons had to bail and never tried again.

Add me up - PS4 - rpcdrag0n

Added you!

Be great if anyone fancied assisting me with Falcon Lost or Stolen Signal as I've never completed them, got right to the end on both and then for separate reasons had to bail and never tried again.

Add me up - PS4 - rpcdrag0n

Thank you! Right back at you.

I'm glad the DEV team continues to update the game. I wonder if they will ever make a sequel or if they go down the continuous paid/expansions.

Vashu

Thank you! Right back at you.

I'm glad the DEV team continues to update the game. I wonder if they will ever make a sequel or if they go down the continuous paid/expansions.

Well, there are multiple ways to do a sequel and/or expansion.

I would love to see them expanding the world more with expansions, with new features, areas that are added on (like they are doing with the 1.x updates) etc. But on the other hand, a sequel could integrate all that happened before, including the current map, and alter it to keep it fresh plus doubling the size of the map.

I mean, I'd love to get the entirety of the island as a playing field instead of just the area they cordoned off for now.

daxy

Bit of a broad and probably frequently asked question but curious what the current state of 'end game' is in divison? I played the crap out of the game at launch but quit due to the end game essentially being repeat missions or dark zone. What do we have now as a reason to get good gear and become more powerful?

For example diablo 3 greater rift system, gives a purpose for that 1% upgrade.

Destiny to a lesser extent makes raiding easier.

There are several new game modes that have been added since launch like Underground, Incursions, Last Stand (though this mode doesn't require end game equipment), as well as new Dark Zone areas, Global Events and Legendary tier missions. A lot of changes have been made to the equipment system (most significantly gear score and equipment sets), expanding the endgame loot hunt a bit further. Once you hit the level cap you now also get caches of armor, phoenix credits, and/or weapons upon 'level up' (i..e after getting a set amount of exp). They also added High Value Targets to PvE, which are basically named mobs that are far stronger than those normally walking around the map and involve defeating a few waves of enemies within a set amount of time to 'lure' them out. Dunno at what point you quit, but they added a lot more daily/weekly objectives beyond just the daily/weekly missions.

Underground allows you to play through missions that have randomized levels and objectives to which you can add modifiers to get better drops. I personally really liked it, but it hasn't been very active and as a result I haven't put that much time into it. There are some changes to it coming up in 1.8, but I dunno if that'll bring people back to it (I hope it will!). Incursions and legendary tier missions are significantly more difficult than the challenging tier without making enemies more bulletspongey (regular mobs anyway, the bosses are still pretty tanky). They're really fun to play through imo and require (near) endgame equipment. Last Stand is a survival mode. I haven't played it myself so I can't comment on that.

So it's a lot easier to get endgame gear and there's more variety in the means to get it. I'm not a huge fan of the Dark Zone either, so I got everything by running missions every now and then, exploring the map, finding collectibles, defeating bosses, doing HVTs, etc. Only exotic tier stuff is kinda hard to find, but there are a number of surefire ways to get them through weeklies, incursions, etc. Since I hit what I felt was a sweet spot in my build I've been doing legendary missions and incursions, which are a nice challenge imo. Preferably played with a group I imagine, but I've only played it with randoms and most are competent enough to finish the quests.

The 1.8 patch is gonna add a new PvE zone, a new (non DZ) PVP mode, and a bunch of other stuff. Looks pretty promising. Also, free!

GazzaGSi

Last Stand is a survival mode. I haven't played it myself so I can't comment on that.

Last Stand is 8v8 PVP CoD Domination style with points to capture A, B and C. There is a PVE element to it as there is acouple of landmarks to clear for SHD Tech currency, this currency is used to buy fortifications at your base such as a turret and pulse scanner to defend it from the enemy. There is also 2 tactical boost stations located around the B zone, these stations offer either double points from your captured zones or more points on kills.
Within each zone (A, B & C) there is 3 stations to activate, you only start scoring points for that zone when all 3 stations are captured.

I will add you, that would be awesome - tried many times and got rinsed at the end by hunters!

Hahaha. That's ok, once you get to know how to defeat them they're almost harmless. Here's how it goes: when you start a session look for Tools, the green ones. You'll need 6 pieces to craft 2 extended magazines and 1 12x Scope. Those can only be crafted at the very beginning. Once you're in the DZ, craft a Custom M44 and use one of the extended mags + scope. Call the extraction at DZ02 and then run and go up the rope across the street. Once the hunter shows up and goes to cover, hit him twice in the head. Score.

Or you can go to the square in DZ03 and do the same from the building where there's usually a sniper in the regular game.

There are several new game modes that have been added since launch like Underground, Incursions, Last Stand (though this mode doesn't require end game equipment), as well as new Dark Zone areas, Global Events and Legendary tier missions. A lot of changes have been made to the equipment system (most significantly gear score and equipment sets), expanding the endgame loot hunt a bit further. Once you hit the level cap you now also get caches of armor, phoenix credits, and/or weapons upon 'level up' (i..e after getting a set amount of exp). They also added High Value Targets to PvE, which are basically named mobs that are far stronger than those normally walking around the map and involve defeating a few waves of enemies within a set amount of time to 'lure' them out. Dunno at what point you quit, but they added a lot more daily/weekly objectives beyond just the daily/weekly missions.

Underground allows you to play through missions that have randomized levels and objectives to which you can add modifiers to get better drops. I personally really liked it, but it hasn't been very active and as a result I haven't put that much time into it. There are some changes to it coming up in 1.8, but I dunno if that'll bring people back to it (I hope it will!). Incursions and legendary tier missions are significantly more difficult than the challenging tier without making enemies more bulletspongey (regular mobs anyway, the bosses are still pretty tanky). They're really fun to play through imo and require (near) endgame equipment. Last Stand is a survival mode. I haven't played it myself so I can't comment on that.

So it's a lot easier to get endgame gear and there's more variety in the means to get it. I'm not a huge fan of the Dark Zone either, so I got everything by running missions every now and then, exploring the map, finding collectibles, defeating bosses, doing HVTs, etc. Only exotic tier stuff is kinda hard to find, but there are a number of surefire ways to get them through weeklies, incursions, etc. Since I hit what I felt was a sweet spot in my build I've been doing legendary missions and incursions, which are a nice challenge imo. Preferably played with a group I imagine, but I've only played it with randoms and most are competent enough to finish the quests.

The 1.8 patch is gonna add a new PvE zone, a new (non DZ) PVP mode, and a bunch of other stuff. Looks pretty promising. Also, free!

Appreciate the reply. I did some reading on the underground before posting and it seems closer to what I am after but from what I read and as you said it's not very active at the moment. Will keep an eye on what 1.8 does for it.

I just got burnt out running the same missions over and over and whilst it seems like more missions now have a challenging difficulty(there was I think only 4 at launch) it still doesn't change the fact that I don't find rinse repeating the same set of missions very fun.

HVT's sound interesting. I'll have to look up these global events too. I've read doing all the collectibles etc is a good way get loot due to these caches you mention but unfortunately I did all of that the week the game launched haha.

Appreciate the reply. I did some reading on the underground before posting and it seems closer to what I am after but from what I read and as you said it's not very active at the moment. Will keep an eye on what 1.8 does for it.

I just got burnt out running the same missions over and over and whilst it seems like more missions now have a challenging difficulty(there was I think only 4 at launch) it still doesn't change the fact that I don't find rinse repeating the same set of missions very fun.

HVT's sound interesting. I'll have to look up these global events too. I've read doing all the collectibles etc is a good way get loot due to these caches you mention but unfortunately I did all of that the week the game launched haha.

I'm not launching the game till there is actual new SP content.

1.8 still looks pretty weak to me.

GazzaGSi

Awesome SOTG today. Really informative and some Skirmish gameplay.

Last Stand rank is being bumped up from 40
Classified caches are being introduced for ranking up
Gear optimisation lets you increase stats you choose including the base armour roll, there is not a gear score increase but with optimisation you can go above 256 to show the power level of your character, many people with min/maxed builds will already be higher than 256.
Staminia rework from the current 1:15 ratio.

Watch from around the 18 minute mark for the skirmish gameplay, pretty much all the news follows on from this point:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/172976098

Full quick notes here from Crusty_irishman on reddit:

No updates on PTS ETA
Skirmish / Gear Optimization
Stamina rework
DZ will not be restructured/bracketed or tiered

Stamina

Will be reworking the calculations for stamina from the current state of 1:15

Skirmish

Normalized 4v4 TDM no NPCs; “get your PvE out of my PvP”
10 minutes or 1st team to 20 kills
Gameplay footage (Brave, brave Sir Robin)
Can see each players in their squad, including gear/loadouts
Smaller game areas – “think larger landmarks in the DZ” like Bryant Park or the DZ 08-09 rooftops
Close proximity for combat & respawn
Scoring counts when the player goes all the way down to ‘dead’ to score a point for the team
Repurposing LS ranking as “PvP rank” – combine LS and Skirmish
Additional rewards when you hit “max rank”
Classified caches will be included as prizes for reaching additional levels
Individual scoring within the match goes towards your rank
Post match scoring goes to Ranking
Max rank to be raised to 99
Matchmaking
Works behind the scenes to find better balance for the team
Based upon rank, K/D, etc

Gear Optimization

Takes recalibration to the next level;
Removes the randomization out of the equation for stats
Will be able to then adjust the nuances within your build(s)
Chase the “god roll gear” even better
Includes maxing out the armor roll with optimization
Bump slightly higher anything that’s not at max
Optimization as opposed to new gear score in order to improve gear
Not interested in forcing players to have to completely regrind their gear
Not interested in adding a new world tier and all new gear; optimize instead
New gear score range will be reflective of the quality on all of your gear
256 (bottom line) to 286 (new cap)
Based upon where your individual stats within each gear/piece is
Will be reflective within the individual gear that adds as well
Adds to the “excitement” of new loot drops
Gear will drop with the “new” gear range
New optimization station within Terminal/Camp Clinton/BoO
Div Tech: used for optimization of gear, raise the stats within the gear
Will “feel” similar to the power felt in Last Stand
Will give players more power without increasing the power of AI
Want to empower players some more
PvP: takes elements of Last Stand into the Dark Zone

Rogue 2.0 Mechanic

To be discussed next week SotG
Friendly fire is now off – toggle to go rogue
~NO MORE ACCIDENTAL ROGUE~

WHAT ELSE

ROGUE 2.0 and Resistance will be discussed next week
Masks were delivered late last week

ookami

Everything sounds good for the 1.8 except I guess the Rogue 2.0 changes. I mean, friendly fire off ? I can't approve this.

The thing is that it should have forced people to go more tactical. Be attentive of there surroundings and other people in order to note hurt them while hunting rogues. But instead we got glitch and questionable adjustments to some gears/mechanics changing the meta to go like crazy. I think they went for the easiest fix possible instead of forcing peoples to be more tactical.

I won't go on the "rogue button" since we still don't have enough information about it but I feel like they're going to remove all the purpose of what should be call "The Dark Zone". The stress to flee problems or just jump in the action when rogues are on the run.

Skirmish in the other hand is the perfect place for dynamic and mobile gameplay since the maps are small and team based.

GazzaGSi

What does friendly fire off even mean in this game? I have no idea?

If you shoot another player you won't go rogue. So for example, you and afew other guys not in your squad are chasing rogues your nades, bfb, seekers or gunfire won't put you on a 19 second rogue timer for accidentally damaging another player. To go rogue there is now a button press rather than just shooting someone in the back.

If you shoot another player you won't go rogue. So for example, you and afew other guys not in your squad are chasing rogues your nades, bfb, seekers or gunfire won't put you on a 19 second rogue timer for accidentally damaging another player. To go rogue there is now a button press rather than just shooting someone in the back.

Uhhhhh

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Vashu

Man, I tried Stolen Signal for the first time. Tried the left room and the right room. That mission is not easy.

Guess I need a competent team, since we were doing okay for a while on both, but ultimately missed taking out the peeps that are going after the hostage. :( Would be great if I was hooked up with people who know what they are doing instead of blindly running around. Kinda confused me at the start as well, but I got the layout of both rooms down pretty well right now.

Didn't try the top room yet though. Interested in the strategy for that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
To be clear, you shooting another player won't do damage, though. So it's just a system to eliminate accidental rogue/rogues moving in such a way to encourage cross fire that causes people to go accidentally rogue.

That's good. The provocation rogueing could be an issue.

Man, I tried Stolen Signal for the first time. Tried the left room and the right room. That mission is not easy.

Guess I need a competent team, since we were doing okay for a while on both, but ultimately missed taking out the peeps that are going after the hostage. :( Would be great if I was hooked up with people who know what they are doing instead of blindly running around. Kinda confused me at the start as well, but I got the layout of both rooms down pretty well right now.

Didn't try the top room yet though. Interested in the strategy for that.
It's the only one I haven't beaten yet. When I team up with strangers, we always manage to brute force 2 of the 3 rooms, and then the water/electricity room stonewalls us. A combination of people not getting out of the water, or not using Immune mods on their healing stations, or just not shooting at the boss, so we get stuck fighting wave after wave of enemies with no progress. It doesn't seem like it should be as hard as I've been finding it, but I think it's mostly just that there's less awareness over what to do in that one?

Vashu

It's the only one I haven't beaten yet. When I team up with strangers, we always manage to brute force 2 of the 3 rooms, and then the water/electricity room stonewalls us. A combination of people not getting out of the water, or not using Immune mods on their healing stations, or just not shooting at the boss, so we get stuck fighting wave after wave of enemies with no progress. It doesn't seem like it should be as hard as I've been finding it, but I think it's mostly just that there's less awareness over what to do in that one?

Yeah, I figured out the systems quite quickly. But you need a full team with good communication because otherwise you fail hard.

Anyway, the State of the Game today was interesting. The Assault Global Event will launch October 3rd, so yaay!

For those who missed the stream:

Resistance is a new wave based horde PvE mode coming to Update 1.8. Resistance will surely put even the most skilled teams to the test, as enemies will become stronger and increasingly more dangerous for every stage that’s successfully cleared. Check out the VoD of today’s stream for a detailed interview with Terry and Keith as they get into the gritty details of the game mode.

Rogue 2.0 aims to refine the Dark Zone’s mechanics while still retaining its identity as a tension filled, high risk environment. Amongst other changes, you will now be able to choose if you want to go rogue or not in order to avoid accidental rogue status. This will also work in groups, where if a group you are a part of goes rogue you will be able to decide if you want to leave the group or join them.

A PC free weekend is starting today, September 14th at 7 pm CEST. The free weekend is available on both Uplay and Steam and it will be running until September 17th 10 PM CEST. More information regarding the free weekend can be found here.[tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com]

Earlier this week we have performed an additional ban wave against players who were found to have exploited the so-called RPM Glitch. Remember that this glitch is a bannable offense, and more ban waves will be implemented if necessary. Multiple offenses will result in a permanent ban to player accounts.

Looking Forward

On Tuesday, 19th of September we will be deploying Update 1.7.1 on all platforms. This update will include fixes for the so-called RPM glitch, the sniper jamming bug as well as a number of fixes aimed at reducing desync and improving the overall quality of play. This is a part of the ongoing effort to minimize latency and desync problems experienced by our players.

We are aiming to start the 1.8 PTS on September 26th on all platforms. The exact criteria and invite process for the consoles is still not set in stone, but if you had access to the 1.7 PTS you will automatically have access to the 1.8 PTS. We will also be sending out additional invitations via email, and to be able to receive these, you will need to be opted-in to receive communication from Ubisoft. Remember to tick that box if you are interested in participating!

The next Global Event “Assault” will start on October 3rd. The theme of this event will be proximity to the enemy. Enemies will do less damage the closer you are to them and they will do additional damage the further away you are, so make sure to get up close and personal! Assault will introduce the classified versions of the Striker’s Battlegear, Sentry’s Call and Reclaimer gear sets and following the conclusion of the event, these classified sets will become available in the general loot pool of the game.

GazzaGSi

Watched SOTG and again was happy they were to the point, cut out all the cringy BS that's plagued it for the last few months and showed new gameplay again.

Rogue 2.0 sounds and looked awesome, no more manhunt timer, rogues who died as part of a group automatically go rogue within a radius of reaching the group to prevent body blocking etc, manhunt rank determines your reward caches when reaching a random location to finalise and complete your manhunt. The rework sounds great IMO. And Banshee is getting a complete overhaul DZ orientated as it is now but with new bonuses. Looking forward to trying it on the PTS and the 4 new exotic weapons.

I've never been a fan of wave based game modes, could never get on with them in cod like zombies or the spec Ops mode (probably why I hated FL so much!) so Skirmish is what I'm more looking forward to but just the map expansion and new area to explore will be something to try out for abit.

Its taken the best part of 18 months but this is the longest I've gone having a break not playing the division and its abit of a relief to be honest. It became more of a habit rather than an enjoyable hobby and the RPM glitch was the icing on the cake to finally take the disc out the machine!

JDB

Banned
Anyone know if I can get the season pass on steam and while I own the game on uplay? Will that still work since the game launches uplay anyway even through steam?

GazzaGSi

Noticed 1.7.1 downloaded today. Quick browse on reddit shows pretty much all the fixes with 1.7.1 have done absolutely nothing lol
People still getting inflated stats from switching to and from Loadouts, speccing completely into electronics and still getting almost 5k FA to unlock weapon talents, MMR and shotguns still jamming and users saying there is a work around to still frig the RPM. What a complete bomb.

Noticed 1.7.1 downloaded today. Quick browse on reddit shows pretty much all the fixes with 1.7.1 have done absolutely nothing lol
People still getting inflated stats from switching to and from Loadouts, speccing completely into electronics and still getting almost 5k FA to unlock weapon talents, MMR and shotguns still jamming and users saying there is a work around to still frig the RPM. What a complete bomb.

So... just the usual Massive stuff.

Quick notes from today's State Of The Game:

PTS/glitches

PTS for 1.8 on PCs tomorrow, consoles next week (slight delay).
RPM glitch limited to one stack right now. They won't ban people for using it.
They are looking into the Skill Haste glitch.

Underground Changes
- Hunters are present in the Underground. Can spawn pretty much anywhere.
- Hunters spawn as group size +1 (so 2 hunters when solo, 5 when in a group of 4)
- Hunters spawn in hard and challenging
- If you lose to hunters, they won't be back when you respawn
- The rave room is back
- Previous directives removed from the game
- 5 new "experimental tech" directives added to the game (risk/reward)
- ex: Electro-tech (reduced cooldowns), but minimap gets disrupted
- ex: Shock ammo (get shock magazines, but if you fill the shock ammo bar, you get shocked instead)
- Checkpoints (if you get to 3rd phase and wipe, just go back to max a few rooms before in the same phase)
- Exotics can drop from bosses/hunters
- Underground weekly assignment for exotic cache (I think)

Other Game Changes:

- Adept (used to be able to stack 5 times. Now only stacks once, but everytime you proc, cooldown refreshes, so can have constant adept up)
- Hunter's Faith Gear set re-worked. 4 and 6 pieces are brand new, hint: focus on bolt action sniping.
- Lower rpm guns should be balanced to bring up to competitive play.

GazzaGSi

Few quick games on pts, one thing to note is that optimisation costs 250k credits and 50 division tech per roll. That div tech will soon get burnt out and I'm kicking myself that before the announcement of div tech being used for optimisation I used over half of mine converting to crafting materials lol

Wolfe

I might start messing around with this given the UG changes coming, especially the rave room, really missed that place lol.

GazzaGSi

I might start messing around with this given the UG changes coming, especially the rave room, really missed that place lol.

UG changes do sound promising and greatly needed. Looking forward to trying it out when 1.8 is released especially in a group against 5 hunters! Going to be mega.

I'm going in blind to UG and the new zone expansion when it's finally released as I'd sooner keep the new stuff more of a surprise once it's released rather than play through it all now and then having nothing new to see when it's out. PTS wise I'll check out some of the new gear, DZ rogue 2.0 and optimise afew builds to see how much stats are effected and how they feel compared to unoptimised gear.

Archpath1

Glad to see some life still in here, been awhile since I played, I was pretty much maxed out, had fun builds, and super powerful balls (skill build)
Will hop back to give this a whirl again

Few quick games on pts, one thing to note is that optimisation costs 250k credits and 50 division tech per roll. That div tech will soon get burnt out and I'm kicking myself that before the announcement of div tech being used for optimisation I used over half of mine converting to crafting materials lol
I did the same. Stupid weekly challenges needing crafting and trying to just craft perfect magazines/high ends. Probably had 4000+ Div Tech. Now sitting at around 500.

rpcdrag0n

Never been all that interested in the DZ so haven't actually got much Division Tech - they've mentioned they will be available in the LZ new areas so that's fine for me I reckon.

JDB

Banned
I recently started playing this again. Only played during the first month after launch before this and decided to create a new character. The vanilla game is still pretty boring and grindy, but that could be just because I've already gone through it. I'm really enjoying the DLC stuff though. There's a nice amount of content and there's a steady stream of loot you get which means you continuously progress and don't hit a wall too quickly. They've really come a long way since launch.

Vashu

Tomorrow is the new Global Event!

Who plays on PC here and can I add to my friendslist on Uplay? Would love to play it with a full team. Easier to communicate with and such. :)

The focus is on close combat, and I'm not sure I'm gonna be good at it, but we'll see. ^_^ Which brings me to my next question, anyone got some advice for a good shotgun build?

daxy

Tomorrow is the new Global Event!

Who plays on PC here and can I add to my friendslist on Uplay? Would love to play it with a full team. Easier to communicate with and such. :)

The focus is on close combat, and I'm not sure I'm gonna be good at it, but we'll see. ^_^ Which brings me to my next question, anyone got some advice for a good shotgun build?

My Uplay ID is daxy_
I play off and on but feel free to add me :)

Dunno about the build. Never really dabbled in shotguns.

The Global Event modifiers are 2/2 in terms of fun factor. Getting up close and shredding enemies in a way that feels far less spongey, and oh so much more satisfying. Makes me wish enemies hit hard/had better strategies, but always went down like this. Anywho, it's fun!

Vashu

Agreed, I'm actually having fun with a shotgun now. :D Already got three Assault Objectives done because of that: Face Time, Agent With a Shotgun and the first one you get: Wet Behind The Ears. Grabbed two Supreme Chests with a Classified Striker Harness and a Classified Sentry's Call backpack. Now to do some WHVT for the points.

Haven't tried Falcon's Nest yet, but finished the other missions on the Assault Playlist on Crucial. Haven't tried Major Assault yet, but am willing to.

USF

Is the “Mass Extraction” trophy glitched for anyone else? I’ve extracted items on all 8 extraction points accross DZ at least once but the trophy just wouldn’t unlock

The commendation also does not show the extraction count for me >> https://i.imgur.com/AMbzHSr.jpg

I’ve done it all on solo.
What am I doing wrong :/

Top Bottom