• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

Limba

Banned
Tweet liked by The Snitch
pyzSIft.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/insider_...^1534442969914286080|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Boom.

There it is.

Lmao at Microsoft poaching kojima from Sony. First of all, he never was with Sony. They dont own KJP. Secondly, he's already working with Sony on another game. Kojima can work with who he wants. There's nothing stopping him from working with both sony and Microsoft at the same time.

I wish this would get through the skulls of individuals who are trying to take ownership over Kojima for their preferred platform on the previous page.

Last edited:
Lmao at Microsoft poaching kojima from Sony. First of all, he never was with Sony. They dont own KJP. Secondly, he's already working with Sony on another game. Kojima can work with who he wants. There's nothing stopping him from working with both sony and Microsoft at the same time.

So I guess we can say that PlayStation stole Kojima from Xbox then.

:p

Boom.

There it is.

I wish this would get through the skulls of individuals who are trying to take ownership over Kojima for their preferred platform on the previous page.

Now the only question is if it's exclusive or not. Curious to see what will happen and if the other rumors are true.

Kacho

Gold Member
Well damn!

I love me some good ol' drama and suspense before the show on Sunday. I'm intrigued (but still not getting my hopes up).

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It's like some folks forget Kojima has put out games on Xbox in the past as well.

It's just some xbox fans (a lot) are just clowns around here. Remember when almost every xbox fan was shitting on Kojima not being that relevant when he released DS for the PS4/5.

It's just looking like desperation from the xbox fans wanting Kojima only to say that the game is not coming for the PS.

No ownership, it's how a lot reacted on him with DS....just a lot of hypocrites around here.

Last edited:

sainraja

The same people?
Xbox rumors?
Talked shit about Kojima?

Source?

Cuz Koji hasnt been seen as a "Playstation guy" for a long time, so its certainly not the Green Rats talking shit about Kojima.
Well, if he is right, those people will reveal themselves when this does come to pass. 😃

TrippleA345

Ok i knacked the secret. Abandoned is a secret XBOX Exclusive to gain Playstation Customers and its gona revealed this sunday as Silent Hill with the codename Overdose 😌

It's just some xbox fans (a lot) are just clowns around here. Remember when almost every xbox fan was shitting on Kojima not being that relevant when he released DS for the PS4/5.

It's just looking like desperation from the xbox fans wanting Kojima only to say that the game is not coming for the PS.

No ownership, it's how a lot reacted on him with DS....just a lot of hypocrites around here.
Death Stranding is a PS4 game. Back in those days Xbox One was dead and buried, and Green Rats were few in number. They mostly subsisted on half eaten used sandwiches and laggy matches of Master Chief Collection, dreaming of a patch one day. At the time, Death Stranding was extremely hyped by almost everyone and every trailer basically won the show it was at.

Kojima is almost better at trailers than some of his games. It'll be a hyped reveal, regardless of the system it's on.

there were rumours of kojima doing a smaller episodic kind of game. this could be it. we also know he is doing death stranding 2. i dont know where that leaves silent hill, if it even exists.

Vognerful

Death Stranding is a PS4 game. Back in those days Xbox One was dead and buried, and Green Rats were few in number. They mostly subsisted on half eaten used sandwiches and laggy matches of Master Chief Collection, dreaming of a patch one day. At the time, Death Stranding was extremely hyped by almost everyone and every trailer basically won the show it was at.

Kojima is almost better at trailers than some of his games. It'll be a hyped reveal, regardless of the system it's on.
People seems to forget how many people, even Sony fans did not like his game (death Stranding) as the game mechanics and story did not resonate with many gamers or reviewers. Not to mention the strange comment he made about "American gamers" and how they only like shooting games.

Even a streamer like fightincowboy who plays mostly on playstation consoles (souls games, then he expanded his genre) was pissed at him and said that he will not stream DS ever.

Can't remember if he went back on it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Take this “leak” with a massive grain of salt.

Forza Horizon 5 expansion pack 1.....instead of saying Forza Horizon 5 HotWheels?

Yeah whoever made this doesnt know shit and didnt even bother to check if the Forza Horizon 5 Hotwheels had already leaked.
It has.

Belthazar

The Xbox exclusive is supposedly the game he was making for Stadia, so it depends on how much work he had done on it before it was cancelled.
That supposed Stadia game was never a thing tho, google themselves confirmed that they never had even a pitch for a KojiPro game. It's pure bullshit

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
How would you call the people who acted like Kojima was already a 1st party developer for Sony? There's a reason why some people are shook about this rumor :messenger_beaming:

It's shows desperation from xbox fans purely focussing on Overdose to be a Xbox game, when the history tells us how many said he was not relevant anymore and only makes walking sims.

Overdose coming exclusively to Xbox is only being used for console wars. Not because a lot really care based on reaction from a lot of you guys in the past.

But of course, a lot of people will now say that it was "not serious" and look for arguments to justify everything, as I see again above me.

It's not that shocking for kojima to be at an xbox show. He was at E3 for them once before to announce mgs rising and then at sonys e3 the next day to announce mgs peace walker. He's independent and not binded to sony. Death Stranding 2 is pretty much confirmed so we already know he's still working with sony. There are still rumours of a silent hill game published by Sony too.

It's not that shocking for kojima to be at an xbox show. He was at E3 for them once before to announce mgs rising and then at sonys e3 the next day to announce mgs peace walker. He's independent and not binded to sony. Death Stranding 2 is pretty much confirmed so we already know he's still working with sony. There are still rumours of a silent hill game published by Sony too.

I hope Death Stranding 2 is real. I really did enjoy the first one.

I hope Death Stranding 2 is real. I really did enjoy the first one.

It is real. Why would norman reedus say they have started on a sequel if they haven't? It's pretty obvious kojima is working on something for PS5. Guy has a photo of himself with sony execs every other week! He has a mouse pad with hermen hulsts face on it but no, he hates sony now just cause he's doing a side project with Microsoft.

Last edited:

johnjohn

Death Stranding looked awful and had the typical Kojima overindulgence of cutscenes. A smaller scale horror game from Kojima is actually exciting.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Death Stranding looked awful and had the typical Kojima overindulgence of cutscenes. A smaller scale horror game from Kojima is actually exciting.

So this is fake kojima working on a horror game then? Why you think this game isn’t typical Kojima?

Funny how DS is a bad thing but suddenly everything else from his is good. I bet when such game is for PS5, Overdose would be also bad.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
It's shows desperation from xbox fans purely focussing on Overdose to be a Xbox game, when the history tells us how many said he was not relevant anymore and only makes walking sims.

Overdose coming exclusively to Xbox is only being used for console wars. Not because a lot really care based on reaction from a lot of you guys in the past.

But of course, a lot of people will now say that it was "not serious" and look for arguments to justify everything, as I see again above me.
It's not desperation, it's just plain old hypocrisy from those people.

So did I but where would you even take it after that first game?

One of the weirdest AAA productions ever in a time when every big game is focus tested safe schlock.

I guess that’s one of the reasons why I enjoyed it. It’s pretty much something I’ve never played before. Really curious to see where the take it if true.

Top Bottom