• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Metal Gear 3 Remake Trailer is 2 minutes and 19 seconds long

RaduN

3 is the best one. No one cares about or remembers MG1 and MG2
Snake Eater is the absolute GOAT, that's not in debate here, but it also sold less than any other MGS (i think it's at some 5 mil, including Subsistence).

The only rationale to actually remake 3 instead of 1 would be that for 3, they already have all the cinematics source code and mo-cap already done. And this is among the most expensive stuff in a modern game.
So basically they would just revamp the gameplay and re-paint the cinematics, with higher poly models and textures, aka pachi slot.

1 would require development from zero, in all aspects.

Brigandier

Hope it's true and the jungle is bigger more dense more open, can use more terrain to your advantage, more enemies and good AI!!!!

One can dream

Naked Lunch

3 is the best one. No one cares about or remembers MG1 and MG2
You do realize that MG1 and 2 are referenced in nearly every MGS game - and are a major plot point in the overall story - right?
MG2 was basically MGS 1 a decade before MGS existed. It would be incredible to see that translated to the modern day.
And theyve been stuck in MSX form all these years.

Sure 3 is the best one. Thats why it doesnt need remade.

KOMANI

KOMANI
You do realize that MG1 and 2 are referenced in nearly every MGS game - and are a major plot point in the overall story - right?
MG2 was basically MGS 1 a decade before MGS existed. It would be incredible to see that translated to the modern day.
And theyve been stuck in MSX form all these years.

Sure 3 is the best one. Thats why it doesnt need remade.
they were on mgs3 subsistence and on mobile phones. they havent been stuck on the MSX2

dotnotbot

BTW thanks for the heads up dear insiders, I have HD Collection and 4 Anniversary Edition listed for sale and now I know I can up the prices by a lot.

money GIF

Last edited:

trikster40

Honestly, if it’s multi platform, I’d rather not waste the time during Sony’s showcase. Let Konami show it or do it at another show.

Bond007

Cant say i'm not disappointed if true.
While MGS is my favorite series of all time, but like many others - MGS3 is far from my favorite despite the love for it. It was fun and shoot an INCREDIBLE game, but as far as MGS goes for me personally I don't understand why we should be starting with 3.
It is almost too obvious to me that a remake of the original is what is required. It was groundbreaking and um, the first game in the series. Start there.

I feel like i should be hyped- but im not sadly.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
All this talk of the MGS3 remake has gotten me in the mood to fire up the HD collection *

* fortunately I bought it before it was de-listed digitally. Physical copies are still around but the lowest I've seen is $40.

346111285_1306472739940484_219235444163188845_n.png

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
A MGS remake without any input or consultation from Kojima just leaves me very skeptical tbh.
There's more to these games than just visuals, and Metal Gear games have a particular tone and flow to them as well.

Although I hope they manage to pull it off, with or without Kojima.

Dane

Update (May 24, 2023): Since writing about this, we received information about a Metal Gear Solid "Classic Collection," comprising the original Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3. These games would also be multiplatform, remastered in HD. This could explain why MGS2+3 HD Collection has been unavailable for purchase on Xbox for some time, despite being backward compatible. From what I've heard, the Classic Collection will be announced at a later date, possibly next month.

Last edited:

Emedan

While MGS is my favorite series of all time, but like many others - MGS3 is far from my favorite despite the love for it. It was fun and shoot an INCREDIBLE game, but as far as MGS goes for me personally I don't understand why we should be starting with 3.
It is almost too obvious to me that a remake of the original is what is required. It was groundbreaking and um, the first game in the series. Start there.

Could be cause it's canonically the first one. MGS3 is my favourite so I'm delighted.
All this talk of the MGS3 remake has gotten me in the mood to fire up the HD collection *

* fortunately I bought it before it was de-listed digitally. Physical copies are still around but the lowest I've seen is $40.

346111285_1306472739940484_219235444163188845_n.png
Hehe first game I bought for the Series X, there's plenty of new physical copies of that game just hanging around.

Spaceman292

Banned
Snake Eater is the absolute GOAT, that's not in debate here, but it also sold less than any other MGS (i think it's at some 5 mil, including Subsistence).

The only rationale to actually remake 3 instead of 1 would be that for 3, they already have all the cinematics source code and mo-cap already done. And this is among the most expensive stuff in a modern game.
So basically they would just revamp the gameplay and re-paint the cinematics, with higher poly models and textures, aka pachi slot.

1 would require development from zero, in all aspects.
It would be totally hilarious if they just reused the assets from the pachinko machine.

Puscifer

I want this game to be real but shit show that will happen if it doesn’t even get announced would also be amazing.
I'm pretty much looking forward to not being announced lol.

At this point, it's an albatross like that Bloodborne PC port that started these rumors after it showed up on SteamDB for like a day 😂

Puscifer

If it's using the Fox Engine I think a lot of it might have to do with the fact they basically recreated the entire game for a damn pachi slot.

Great that this is likely being announced. I wish we could have a dedicated thread for leaks and rumours though. Takes a lot of fun out of the showcase for me personally.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Cool but shame it was leaked early. Would have been a dope moment in teh show.

So why do people act like knowing the info early means it still can't be a dope moment in the show. Who cares if you found out early. Do you care about games or just talking about them?

Thirty7ven

Banned
So why do people act like knowing the info early means it still can't be a dope moment in the show. Who cares if you found out early. Do you care about games or just talking about them?

Surprises are great, and a show like this only comes once in a while. Clout chasers like Henderson are leeches, they add nothing to the conversation. Then you go to his Twitter and he’s like “oh I’m starting this channel where y’all can see me ride a bike” get the fuck out of here nobody cares about you.

Top Bottom