• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: More Important Sony Announcements at the End of the Month

Hezekiah

Banned
Well they'll need to do something if Microsoft's showcase is as good as i think it will be. No idea why they're so cagey with their current gen pipeline.
How about something as simple as not announcing a bunch of games which are years away from release?

All that does is rather generate hype, it creates disappointment when gamers realise how long they have to wait to actually play the damn thing.

Astral Dog

Ok but where’s Nintendo? They’ve been crazy silent. I wanna see Bayo 3 and Zelda.
Next week, on game magazines

like past years, Nintendo has a Direct to show off the fall lineup, most likely it happens next week after the Microsoft showcase, as always

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I’m hoping for an actual demonstration. Something that explains the controllers is what I’m interested in seeing the most. Headset looks great.
Yep the immersion was already great with the first headset(although the visual fidelity was lacking) but with haptic controllers ot has so much more potential... I want another blood and truth dammit.

Yep the immersion was already great with the first headset(although the visual fidelity was lacking) but with haptic controllers ot has so much more potential... I want another blood and truth dammit.
The move controller while interesting did have a lot of issues with tracking. Hopefully that’s fixed with the new ones.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
The move controller while interesting did have a lot of issues with tracking. Hopefully that’s fixed with the new ones.
Yeah recalibrating them was a pain but it helped with most of the issues for me... But I had a white plain background which helped greatly for tracking.

I'm hoping more for surprises than God of War release date reveal to be honest. I liked 2018's God of War and I'll definitely play Ragnarok but it's one of those games where I don't care when it comes out. I also don't care about Spiderman and Wolverine so SURPRISE ME SONY!

Shmunter

I'm hoping more for surprises than God of War release date reveal to be honest. I liked 2018's God of War and I'll definitely play Ragnarok but it's one of those games where I don't care when it comes out. I also don't care about Spiderman and Wolverine so SURPRISE ME SONY!
Yeah, backlog symptom for me. There is literally no game I need day 1 atm.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Same as they did with the last of us part 1 announcement just state : we are remastering Bloodborne for PS5 and PC. Even s power point 97 slide in comic sans font will do.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
LMAO at still believing Sony will have showcases after they killed E3 and havent done anything big in like 2 years. Insiders have been saying SoNy sEPteMbEr sHoWcAsE for like 2 years now... It NEVER happens and yall still believe it :messenger_tears_of_joy: They are done with showcases. We're not getting one this year.

Blog posts, SOP's thats it.

Last edited:

trikster40

Yeah we know Sony got another show up their sleeve. They barely showed anything for 2022 in that last showcase, and they’re just waiting on Microsoft to have their show and then they’ll announce theirs.

We festing bois.
Halle Berry Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

DonF

I believe their focus for next week is going to be the new plus tiers and all.
Then they can focus on new games and announcements.

mckmas8808

Banned
Jim's entire playbook is based on The Art of War and I am all for it!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
From all the confusion surrounding the updated PlayStation Plus services to the nerve of charging $70 for the 2nd remake of a game not even ten years old Sony has left some of us die hardest fans wondering what they are thinking.

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
I am not the only FAN who has said "WTF is Sony doing right now" so you know their enemies are doing it 100 times more. The pieces have almost all fallen into place.

“The wise warrior avoids the battle.”
They dropped a couple small gems during the height of the summer gaming announcements between the last State of Play and the Summer Game Fest's tepid announcements. Let all the others get the fighting out of the way and then swoop in after the dust settles end of June/July.

“Great results, can be achieved with small forces.”
Who needs to have multiple large studio mergers when you have built a team of talent to take on the enemy? (except for the whole Bungie thing obvi)

It's going to be a hot summer full of Jimmovations. Put on those oven mitts!!
Sometime Playstation fans can be the most annoying. Sony is doing a great job overall with PS this year. The crying has gotten slightly out of hand.

AmuroChan

Instead of having a bunch of SoPs sprinkled throughout the year, I would prefer Sony to just stick with 1-2 big showcases. With the SoPs they always have to pre-empt the show with statements to tamper expectations. Why put yourself in those scenarios? Just do a big showcase every 6 months and that's it.

skit_data

Instead of having a bunch of SoPs sprinkled throughout the year, I would prefer Sony to just stick with 1-2 big showcases. With the SoPs they always have to pre-empt the show with statements to tamper expectations. Why put yourself in those scenarios? Just do a big showcase every 6 months and that's it.
I think it has its upsides.
I rather sit through 30 mins of the ones they imply will feature big games and skip all the ”this thursday we’ll showcase the indies and AA-third party content”-state of plays than to sit through a 90 min presentation that has everything from everywhere to hopefully see some big content in there.

Ezekiel_

Banned
LMAO at still believing Sony will have showcases after they killed E3 and havent done anything big in like 2 years. Insiders have been saying SoNy sEPteMbEr sHoWcAsE for like 2 years now... It NEVER happens and yall still believe it :messenger_tears_of_joy: They are done with showcases. We're not getting one this year.

Blog posts, SOP's thats it.

I know you're probably just playing dumb (or maybe you just are?:messenger_peace:), but you have some catching up to do :

yurinka

I think they won't do another State of Play this month, and I think they'll show GoW and its release date at EVO, plus in August they may also make a TLOUR specific one.

But just in case Sony does a 1st party focused SoP/showcase this summer I'd show:
  • Guerrilla's next game (new IP?) announcement
  • TLOU remake meaty gameplay trailer to highlight gameplay improvements and changes
  • GoW meaty gameplay trailer + release date
  • Firewalk new IP announcement
  • New Spider-Man 2 gameplay reveal + release date
  • Some PSVR2 launch window games (Gran Turismo 7, Dreams, new Astro, Half Life Alyx, new Wipeout by Firesprite)
  • Jimbo mentions the PSVR2 release date and price
  • Jimbo reminds the new PS+ is available worldwide and mention that their next step will be to support cloud gaming for more countries, phones, tablets and tvs
  • Jimbo announces company acquisition (Japanese publisher or dev, I'd take Capcom)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement (if not announced in the upcoming Dragon's Dogma anniversary stream)
  • Knack PC port announced for Summer 2023
  • Little Devil Inside release date trailer
  • Tchia release date trailer
  • Korean Bayonetta release date trailer
  • Bungie new IP announcement gameplay trailer

i believe it only for the fact that i know Sony wants those PC Ports out this year.

They still got uncharted, Returnal, Sackboy to announce
Sony shown a graph that mentioned they will only release 2 PC ports this fiscal year, which would be Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection and Miles Morales Utimate Edition (but selling Remastered separatedly).

All the other Sony games listed for 2022 and the over a dozen MS games listed for 2022 (even Scalebound was there) in the Nvidia list were fake.

Other than Spider-Man and Uncharted Sony doesn't plan to release more stuff on PC until at least April.

Last edited:
Top Bottom