• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tom Henderson] Official PlayStation 5 “Pro” Controllers Coming Soon

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Fucking finally. I'm hoping for 4 paddles, but won't complain too much if it's just 2. Just happy to have an official option. Have been so close to buying these overpriced alternatives.
Same here I have looked at the alternatives several times just didn't pull the trigger but for sure will throw more money at Sony for these pro controllers.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
How does one improve upon what is already a "pro" controller, though?

Same could be said about the Xbox Series controller.
Once one gets used to back paddles one will not go back to a regular controller

Plus trigger stops for shooters?

james franco sandwich GIF

Larxia

Once one gets used to back paddles one will not go back to a regular controller

Plus trigger stops for shooters?

james franco sandwich GIF
I still don't understand what the back paddles are for.
I could understand if they provided NEW buttons, like if you could bind them to brand new functions like on keyboard, additional buttons not available on regular controllers, but here... they are just clones of already existing buttons no? I struggle to see what they are for.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I could understand if they provided NEW buttons, like if you could bind them to brand new functions like on keyboard, additional buttons not available on regular controllers, but here... they are just clones of already existing buttons no? I struggle to see what they are for.
Kind of hard for me to remember off the top of my head without actually firing the game up as its become such muscle memory now at this point but I use my back paddles in COD for a reload, switch to secondary, crouch and I think sprint so my thumbs never leave the sticks to press buttons

Three

It's a way of being able to press buttons without removing your right thumb from the analog stick.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
People who don't like paddles are probably the same weirdos who still hold a face button to sprint in Souls games. Lol so gross. Hey remember tapping X to run in games? That was probably fine too right?

In DeS remake I had to swap L2 parry to R3 in order to have sprint on L2, to retain full camera control in combat... that was annoying enough thanks to the paddle-less dualsense. It's hilarious to literally run circles around people in pvp who are using the ancient control scheme.

Thanks to paddles, my bindings in games like Spider-Man and Gravity Rush 2 make them feel like completely different games. The level of control and fluidity when you always have camera control cannot be overstated.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
For my PS brothers looking to nab their first ever Pro style controller here is the best advice I can give you

The paddles will be super hard to get used to but just take your beatings and do not give up learning the new back paddles as in the long term its totally worth it

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
A good place to start with paddles is mapping jump / sprint to them.

Then consider remapping some of the other core functions. If jump used to be on a shoulder button... move something else more important to that shoulder button and hide jump somewhere on some button that's less ergonomic. Sometimes I'll hide that shit on dpad presses. Depends on the game really.

Thedtrain

I’ll throw money at a Pro dualsense. Can’t wait to use the back button to throw my knife in destiny instead of melee

The Scuf Reflex controller is a massive waste of money. It's literally a Dualsense with a terrible strike pack on the back. And I don't mean it's a recreation of a Dualsense, they actually use the Dualsense shell and innards and just add garbage back buttons to it. The Scuf Vantage was also the worst controller for PS4 to cost over $50 and it wa $200.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamers had no problem with PS2 getting generic off brand controllers how many of these things will Sony sell? Yeah, I’ll give Sony credit the dualsense is an all time great all you have to do is play it.

arvfab

Banned
Personally don't give two fucks about hair triggers. Would rather have the adaptive ones.

It's back buttons I care about. I only need two.

Same, but 4 back buttons are sweet. 2 for R3/L3 and 2 to remap to 2 of the face buttons (mostly X and O).

A.Romero

I have 2 Elites V1 that I use on PC and have been using for years (Xbox Series X wasn't even announced when I got them) an while I don't use most of the features, I really like the feel. The cover on the smallest sticks in the one I use the most fell off but I think is normal wear.

I'd get one of this if the feel is right. Even with the PC receiver.

skit_data

I bought the back button attachment for the DS4 but gave it away when I sold my PS4. Idk if I can justify a whole Pro controller but those back buttons sure were handy when playing Sekiro and I wish Sony had made them work with the Dualsense as well.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
intro-1596491196.jpg

🤮

Top Bottom