• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Definite Edition releasing tomorrow for GameStop?

I just received a text stating I could pick up Tomb Raider tomorrow at GameStop. I always receive pre-order texts and they usually state Tuesday for most of the games. This is the first time I've ever received a text stating that I could pick up a game set to launch next week but allowing customers to pick it up the Friday before. Is this a mess up? Anyone else receive a similar text?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Perhaps Square allowed for broken street date? This has happened before (i.e., LBP Vita).

Gamestop broke the street date on Dead Or Alive 5+ for Vita last year, too. On the Friday before it's set release date.

A member posted the same in the TR framerate thread

um. I just got a txt from gamestop saying I can pick up my preorder of Tomb Raider on PS4 tomorrow.

mistake?

I just called my local gamestop and it looks like there's no street date on this. she said its going to be in stock tomorrow and that i can pick it up, if they had stock today I could have bought it today.

guess we'll find out soon enough!

nynt9

Which system are you getting it on? An extremely cynical take on it would be that MS or SE went "just sell them all already" after the resolution news dropped so that they can sell as much as they can before people notice what's up.

Probably some sort of error though, that sounds far fetched.

Thanks for the quick replies guys! If this is true my followers will have a beautiful surprise stream :)

I'll be checking after work tomorrow which is around 12pm set and will post an update.

Which system are you getting it on? An extremely cynical take on it would be that MS or SE went "just sell them all already" after the resolution news dropped so that they can sell as much as they can before people notice what's up.

Pre ordered the PS4 version, of course lol.

Mononoke

Banned
Well, that would be cool. Although I didn't pre-order it, so I think id be shit out of luck if this is an early release for pre-order. Although I guess it would probably just be an early release in general. So I should be able to pick one up. I'm terrible bored right now, so this would be fun.

Thanks for the quick replies guys! If this is true my followers will have a beautiful surprise stream :)

I'll be checking after work tomorrow which is around 12pm set and will post an update.

Don't bother uploading your stream to YouTube. All my videos of the original version were claimed by "Tomb Raider". So I took them all down. They can't have free advertising and ad-revenue, at least not from me.

This is the second alert I've gotten from gamestop regarding games that aren't releasing for a couple days that stated I could pick then up early. Called my GameStop and they said not till Tuesday.

Mononoke

Banned
This is the second alert I've gotten from gamestop regarding games that aren't releasing for a couple days that stated I could pick then up early. Called my GameStop and they said not till Tuesday.

Ah, well then. Must be an accident, and they sent the alert out early?

No

Gorillaz

Which version are you picking up bro

image.php

demolitio

Maybe they want to ride the wave that 30 vs 60 has created?

That sounds clever to me. Sell it while it's being talked about so much because at least you know you'll pick up some PS4 sales you might not have otherwise at that price.

I'm still waiting for a reasonable price myself.

fernoca

Yeah. Received a weird ass call from Ivy to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Ivy was..sedated or something. The entire call/message was:

Hi! This is Ivy from Gamestop...
Hi! This is Ivy from Gamestop...to let you know that...
Hi! This is Ivy from Gamestop...to let you know that...your game...
Hi! This is Ivy from Gamestop...to let you know that...your game...will be available...
Hi! This is Ivy from Gamestop...to let you know that...your game...will be available...tomorrow afternoon.

Picking the PS4 version. Though I won't have the money until next week, so hopefully..my copy and the artbook (since it packaged with the game) will be waiting.

Dahbomb

If true this has to be one of the most brillian PR stunts in recent memory.

Invoke huge controversy... release game early while everyone is talking about it.

SeanR1221

Wish best buy was selling it early. I got excited because if you select store pickup is says pickup today but then at checkout it says not until February 4th

LTWood12

Called my Gamestop to see. Said 28th for the one that includes the Artbook. 30th for the regular 'Definitive Edition.'

These guys really aren't very informed.

tbm24

I wish the psn store would break street date so I can download it when I get home instead of passing by a gamestop tomorrow :(.

XBone version will be sold first so those who have both systems and can't wait for it will buy it at impulse.

Hey it works for NoA and eShop early releases! :p

Called 3 different stores in my area all say the 28th. The store I usually go to isn't answering and I know the manager there so I will try later and see what they say.

Saganator

Called a couple Gamestops in the Denver area, neither heard about the street date being lifted, and neither had the game in stock. Told me to check back later today.

impact

Banned
I called mine and they said there's one coming out on the 28th and one coming out on the 30th and that I should hurry up and preorder so I can get the artbook version on the 28th. She had no idea about the street date being lifted.

Called my Gamestop to see. Said 28th for the one that includes the Artbook. 30th for the regular 'Definitive Edition.'

These guys really aren't very informed.
I got the same response. If it was available today, it'd be a great impulse purchase but since it's not, i can wait to pick it up from Best Buy with my GCU 20% discount.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Called two Gamestops near me. The first had no idea what I was talking about, but the second said yes, as soon as they get their shipment tomorrow, they will be selling the game. So I just reserved a copy there.

BTW, Amazon had my pre-order for the version with the artbook listed as shipping later too. Only the regular version had an option for deliver on the 28th.

Top Bottom