• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Movie Reboot Gets Writer

TBH, I thought the last Tomb Raider film was superb and I'm probably in a very small minority when I say that. Definitely intriguing storyline...

This is definitely my own opinion, but I can't wait to see what will come!

t1gerjaw

"contributed in writing previous films Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Snow White and the Huntsman and Divergent"

Oh, sigh.

The story will be worse than the last game.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
"From the writer of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".

nooooooo_elf.gif

Drifters

Well yeah, I can't imagine the movie being that great however, it does allow me to daydream about Natalie Former as Lara Croft.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Snow White was alright but those are not exactly givin' me confidence.

I haven't seen og tomb raider movie since release though so maybe that one wasn't that great either.

Alienous

So much for that character reinvention.

There's no way we aren't seeing traditional Lara Croft if they take her to screen.

nib95

Banned
Evan Daugherty who has contributed in writing previous films Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Snow White and the Huntsman and Divergent

That doesn't exactly inspire a massive amount of confidence, as not a single one of those is particularly well written. But you never know I suppose, there's still hope yet. Presumably Hollywood keeps hiring him for a good reason.

The producers must not want it to be a good movie if they hired a writer from the new Ninja Turtles movie.

It's kind of like shooting themselves in the foot on purpose. Weird decision.

They may as well have hired Ehren Kruger to script it...

What's next? Megan Fox as Lara?

Pachimari

It feels like this movie have been coming for an eternity.
Finally the project got a writer but I'm not that optimistic when the writer were behind movies such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Yet, I'm excited about the film.

sobaka770

Banned
All of those movies have terrible writing, come on, why does he get to screw up Lara Croft? The movie will now be officially a braindead affair alike the original.

nib95

Banned
Kim Kardashian was the name being kicked around a few years ago when the movie was going to be rebooted. But I doubt that's the case anymore.

Oh I seriously hope not. Hopefully they choose someone classier like Margot Robbie. Lara Croft is supposed to be well educated, and from fairly noble background after all. Sure they could train her up for the action orientated elements.

I knew it wasn't going to a name to inspire confidence before clicking on the thread.

Films like this almost always go for workman-like scribes who give the producers what they want first and foremost. The nature of the business.

Oh I seriously hope not. Hopefully they choose someone classier like Margot Robbie. Lara Croft is supposed to be well educated, and from fairly noble background after all. Sure they could train her up for the action orientated elements.

I think she'd be perfect for the role if they're basing it off of classic Lara. When they rebooted the series, they gave her a cuter/softer appearance. So I guess casting will depend on whether or not they're going to take the reboot into account.

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. Maybe the Ratchet & Clank movie that's supposed to come out will be the first actually good video game movie.

I hope it is her. She is smart and funny.

I don't find her particularly attractive and she doesn't seem to be that athletic. Plus I don't recall her ever getting a major role in big film. She would be a huge downgrade from Jolie, although most would to honest.

They should find a young British Milla Jovovich clone for this role.

Top Bottom