• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

Ally1987

You guys who have played Tomb Raider on PC, I get no further than here (see photo), the game freezes for every single time in exactly same place and I get no further and the screen just loading and loading. Experienced ya'll also this nonsense? Or is it just fucked on my PC?

k7v.jpg

Trouble

Banned
The game didn't crash or freeze once for me on PC.

Graphics card drivers seem to be the main culprit for these types of things. Maybe make sure you are up to date on the most recent non-beta drivers.

Completed Tomb Raider on the weekend and it was really good with great environments and the visuals were top notch. The puzzle were very easy and the Batman sense ability spoilt things by making everything too easy.

I finished it on hard mode and died about 10 times (usually me committing suicide) and found most stuff.

Game was longer than I thought, started off very slowed but picked things up a lot the further you got in.

Good Stuff

Now onto the Last of Us

Gambit

Shit.

I just experienced a game breaking glitch. I was heading towards the survivor's base camp when it said "secret tomb nearby". So I started exploring and saw a climbable wall. Then I found a boat in the water to push underneath that wall.

From there I climbed up and all of a sudden my radio tells me my teammate Alex has left and is going somewhere. So I decided to go to the base camp after all and all of a sudden survivors are there and treat me as if I had talked to them before.

Long story short, I cannot get the compound bow. Argh!!!! Game breaking!!

Anyway, I will now check for updates (PS3) to see if maybe that helps. Hopefully!

EDIT: Huzzah! After the update, I now have that blasted composite bow. It simply is upgraded. So I guess I skipped a story cutscene but it's no longer game-breaking

bronk

Banned
I had a fun/weird time with this game. Would I recommend this to anyone? Not sure..... It was weird cause I was having fun but at same time felt like it sucked. Maybe I've jus been enjoying everything lately because I'm smashing through my backlog. The story was so cringeworthy bad. I seriously laughed my ass off at a bunch of stuff. I guess if you like uncharted you'll like this. Uncharted was great tho. I give it one thumbs up and one thumbs down.

Picked this up on the XBL black friday deal for $10 or whatever it was.

The game has it's flaws... but it's really a great, under the radar game. I haven't beaten it... just got to the weird catacombs under the palace, but honestly, I think this game is better than Uncharted 3 in almost every gameplay way. The story is laughably bad, super cliched and so many lame/predictable situations, but the gameplay and the levels are so good it makes up for it.

Robso

Sorry if this is a dumb question, considering getting the PS4 version of this. Do you have to of played the previous Tomb Raider games to pick up the story? Like, does it follow on from Underworld?

Thanks.

strafer

Sorry if this is a dumb question, considering getting the PS4 version of this. Do you have to of played the previous Tomb Raider games to pick up the story? Like, does it follow on from Underworld?

Thanks.

No you don't. It's a completely new story.

I'm fairly new to PC games, transitioning still from being a console gamer and I've learned to ask "are there any mods I should be installing for this"? Nothing is mentioned in the OP so I thought I would ask.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm fairly new to PC games, transitioning still from being a console gamer and I've learned to ask "are there any mods I should be installing for this"? Nothing is mentioned in the OP so I thought I would ask.

Nope, there are only few usermade texture mods for Lara. You can guess by yourself for what they are used. :)

Zach

Edit: Figured it out after taking a break.

So I'm two items away from 100% completion, but I can't seem to get to the area in the red square:

7epsDPq.jpg

Maybe I just missed the boat during story mode? Or I'm overlooking something obvious? I don't know. Hopefully somebody can help me out.

Piccoro

GAF, please help me. Here's the thing:

There's this big mall-like store 10 minutes from my work, and yesterday I went there to have launch. After I eat, I thought "well, as long as I'm here and I have time to kill, I might as well go to the games section".
When I arrive there, what do I see: Tomb Raider PS3, new and sealed, 19.99€. 19 Euros!!!
I'm now here at work, restless, and I just wanna go there and buy it! I can't take it!
But I think I'm getting a bit Oniomaniac... Last month I bought tons of games without my wife knowing, and she found out about one of them and she flipped!
What am I supposed to do? I'm also afraid that if I don't buy it, I'm not gonna find Tomb Raider so cheap in the coming months. And my huge backlog isn't helping (Damn Plus).
Please help Gaf, I need advice...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, please help me. Here's the thing:

There's this big mall-like store 10 minutes from my work, and yesterday I went there to have launch. After I eat, I thought "well, as long as I'm here and I have time to kill, I might as well go to the games section".
When I arrive there, what do I see: Tomb Raider PS3, new and sealed, 19.99€. 19 Euros!!!
I'm now here at work, restless, and I just wanna go there and buy it! I can't take it!
But I think I'm getting a bit Oniomaniac... Last month I bought tons of games without my wife knowing, and she found out about one of them and she flipped!
What am I supposed to do? I'm also afraid that if I don't buy it, I'm not gonna find Tomb Raider so cheap in the coming months. And my huge backlog isn't helping (Damn Plus).
Please help Gaf, I need advice...

Sounds like you have enough games in your backlog that you don't really need Tomb Raider. The game will definitely be cheaper in the future, and it might even find its way onto PS Plus.

Piccoro

Sounds like you have enough games in your backlog that you don't really need Tomb Raider. The game will definitely be cheaper in the future, and it might even find its way onto PS Plus.

Thank you for your answer! Yea, I managed to resist my urge and didn't bought it. You're right, I can always buy it later. Or maybe even buy the Definitive Edition later when I get a PS4... :)

uceenk

if not because PSN, probably i won't realize this "reboot" game ever exist

just finished this game few hours ago, i really enjoyed the gameplay, i found QTE was quite fun, the presentation was beautiful albeit i played on PS3 version of the game

but yeah, i agree with several members here that the story is not particularly special, Lara's acting was so so, when she feel pain or sad, i didn't feel anything at all

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought I'd ask on the off chance someone might have the answer. If you buy the Japanese language DLC pack on Steam and switch the game to Japanese, can you play the game with Japanese audio but with English subtitles/menu text?

jonnyp

Just finished this on PS4. I had fun with it but can't believe anyone who thinks this is better than the Uncharted games.

Story is shockingly bad and dialogue and voice acting not much better. The gameplay is fun but better than Uncharted's? Not for me, pretty much on par at best.

Beat this for the second time on PC (first time on PS3). Really fun.

Grabbed all the collectibles. Not sure if I want to 100% the rest of the achievements though.

Top Bottom