• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider reboot (PC, PS3, 360) site opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://tombraider.com/

// Other Mod Edit

Since this thread seems to be cloning the Game Informer thread, I'll move the updates to here as well.

Larson Conway said:
Game Informer Hub now open, still awaiting info, AWESOME bg image

http://www.gameinformer.com/mag/tombraider.aspx

bg.jpg
BowieZ said:
// Mod Edit

Rating: PEGI 18+

QxmZJ.jpg

Game Informer said:
Forget what you know about Lara Croft. As of today, all that is changing.

In our world-exclusive cover story, we uncover a brand-new Lara Croft. Rebooting the Tomb Raider franchise through an origin story wasn’t so much a choice as an act of necessity, according to Crystal Dynamics. Drastic measures were needed. To build an entirely fresh Lara – a culturally relevant hero worth of the attention that once came so effortlessly – they must break her first. In this new adventure – simply titled Tomb Raider – a younger and inexperienced Lara Croft must endure both physical and emotional trauma to survive.

Make sure to check out the Tomb Raider hub throughout the month of December for more exclusive details about Lara Croft’s rebirth. The hub will launch later today.

We've got two logo treatments for the new cover. You can see one in the front cover image below, and the other in the full wraparound spread that's a little further down the page.

In addition to the ten exclusive pages of Tomb Raider details, we’ve got a full book of other compelling content. Jeff Cork takes a look at gaming on the other side off the world, diving into policy and practices in Iran. Additionally, Annette Gonzales broke a sweat by rounding up and breaking down all the current Kinect fitness offerings at retail. Also, don’t forget to check out our previews of Dead Space 2 and L.A. Noire, and our final verdict on Warren Spector’s Epic Mickey.

The January issue of Game Informer will start arriving in subscriber’s mailboxes this week, and will hit newsstands the 11th of December.
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/12/06/january-cover-revealed.aspx

// End Mod Edit

LA12373-a

LA12373LOGO-b

A New Game from Crystal Dynamics

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., is excited today to announce TOMB RAIDER®,
the new game from Redwood City based studio Crystal Dynamics®.

'After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore
on an unknown beach. On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive'

Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey
of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive.

"Forget everything you knew about TOMB RAIDER," said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics.
"This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

TOMB RAIDER makes its worldwide debut in the January issue of Game Informer® magazine. The cover story
features 10 pages of exclusive content and is available beginning today for subscribers and on newsstands
December 11. Follow Game Informer on Twitter @GameInformer.

Follow TOMB RAIDER on Twitter @TombRaider. For more information on TOMB RAIDER please visit www.TombRaider.com.

Edit: Sorry Larson about the threadfight :p but them's the breaks :D...

PS. It's been a fun 15 years!

4ftn4n.png

glaurung

I told the web site that I am 100 years old, now it tells me that I am not old enough to visit this site.

Fail.

Zaptruder

Banned
How many times have they tried to go 'edgy' and 'gritty' with this franchise again?

For fucks sake. It's not gears of war you retards. Stop trying to make it that.

More like GoL and less like whatever this is trying to be please.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Lara looks awesome. I want some details though! And a trailer! And gameplay! I want it all!

I hope it keeps the explore ruins and climb on shit aspect.

Xater

SpacePirate Ridley said:
A reboot? It thought people like a lot the new game that was released.

I really like her new face BTW.
WAIT! Does she have a bow?

That was a Lara Croft game not a new Tomb Raider ;)

sn00zer

Zaptruder said:
How many times have they tried to go 'edgy' and 'gritty' with this franchise again?

For fucks sake. It's not gears of war you retards.
( -_-')
Because Tomb Raider is set in dark tombs with hundreds of violent death traps, and the cheeky motif that the series has had for a while seems out of place....

Salaadin

Easy_D said:
Lara looks awesome. I want some details though! And a trailer! And gameplay! I want it all!

I hope it keeps the explore ruins and climb on shit aspect.

Me too!

I wonder what the estimated release date is. Its been 2 years since Underworld plus they had GoL in between. Im hoping its a 2011 game.

I also hope shes still British.

EDIT:

In June Eurogamer brought you the news that Crystal Dynamics was hard at work on the game. We heard then that it should be released during the Christmas period 2011.

Yay :D

Erebus

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-06-tomb-raider-reboot-announced

"After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach," reads the press release.

"On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive."

"Forget everything you knew about Tomb Raider," said Darrell Gallagher, head of studio at Crystal Dynamics.

"This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

Crystal Dynamics have made three great Tomb Raider games on the trot. Underworld wasn't the success it deserved to be for some reason, so they've rebooted, but I see no reason to question this new take on the franchise.

So far, everything is looking good.

derFeef

Ellis Kim said:
I'd be really shocked if they went all gory and gritty, Dead Space death-animation style.
Argh that would be heartbraking. I already feel sad when I see Lara die in the current games. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom