• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness 1.5 - interesting "work in progress"' remake of the ill-fated TR6

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Nice.

It's a mess of a game as it is, but I was able to finish it. The story, and environment is really good. There's a whole atmosphere to it that I appreciate. I know most people won't give it a chance.. but, no joke. It's one of my favorite TR games ever.

I didn't finish most TR games, but I did this one. It's quite good. It crashes a lot, so you need a little patience. And at times you will need a FAQ.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Cool! This is one of those games that really could use a remake, not because it was great and needs to be played but because it was what it was and could have used a second swing at the plate. The original was never quite what it needed to be, and even if it takes a fan group to do it because Eidos/Square Enix never will, it might be better to play what an educated guess at what it was supposed to be from dedicated new designers than to play what actually is available in the final product.

(BTW, this is not connected to this but maybe interesting in this thread that other PS1 "remake" projects are out there to look up. There's a godsend PC Driver 2 port being worked on, and there are various Tomb Raider 1/ Tomb Raider 2 remakes and builds out there in various states of play/watch that people can check out.)

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I played and finished the game on PS2 back in the day. Even though it is full of bugs and shortcomings, I think it does a better job at being a genuine "Tomb Raider" experience than the more recent Crystal Dynamics games.
AoD was really a unique case. It can't be compared with either the Core Design classics and neither with the Crystal Dynamics games. Part of it is because it was basically unfinished and part of it it was because it tried some things we had never seen before (or afterwards) in the series.
Personally i think Core Design was moving in the wrong direction with AoD and i would have hated the game (as a Tomb Raider game) even if it was 100% finished.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Ok I guess but why should anyone care? It will get a cease and desist soon. Dude just prolly wants to get hired or something.

Top Bottom