• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tommy Robinson jailed for contempt of court - Will Serve 19 weeks

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017

Tommy Robinson has been jailed for nine months over contempt of court.

The ex-English Defence League leader was found guilty last week of interfering with the trial of a sexual grooming gang at Leeds Crown Court in May 2018.

Two Old Bailey judges said his Facebook Live video of defendants in the trial had encouraged "vigilante action".

A social media account in Robinson's name called the sentence an "absolute joke" and said it was time to protest.

Outside the London court, supporters of Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, booed as news of his sentence reached them.
At the Old Bailey on Thursday, Dame Victoria Sharp told Robinson that the time he previously spent behind bars for contempt would be taken into account, reducing his sentence to 19 weeks - of which he would serve half before being released.

Robinson's barrister Richard Furlong raised the possibility of an appeal against the court's decision and was told he has 28 days to apply.

Reactions: Nobody_Important

DocONally

Oct 21, 2014
Watch his YouTube video from the other day. It's about 25 minutes long and explains how he doesn't deserve to go to prison because of this. I can't post a link right now but it's not hard to find even though YouTube sometimes restrict his account.

Reactions: DrLobster

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
Well 5 years is the sentence for raping a girl in the UK. .so seems quite reasonable to sentence someone to nearly a year for highlighting the issue.
Its a great deterrent and setting an good example to and all the white cis males, to stick their racist islamophobic noses out of the Muslim community. Why can't these racists just let men rape their children.

Oct 26, 2018
Canada isnt perfect and trudeau acts like a sissy, but what happened to you UK?

We might be an ocean apart but we will always have a tight bind due to people, government, the Queen, fighting world wars together and simply being part of the Commonwealth.

One of the most influential countries in history and you guys are getting pushed around, where image seems more important than doing what is right.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
A lot of people have short-memories on here and have forgotten the last thread where Tommy Robinson tried filming inside a court.

He deserves this jail time for trying to use racism/bigotry and put himself above the law.

This guy isn't Assange or some freedom fighting hero. He's a yobbo who broke the law. The media are running this in order to gain clicks and sell papers. They try to rile both sides up with this kind of shit while ignoring genuinely pressing matters.

I've seen posters worry about Neogaf becoming the mirror opposite of RE and with all the anti-British sentiment I see constantly, as well as the siding the 'Right wing' on just about anything without any major critical thinking, It makes me think that those posters are correct.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
The UK is beyond help. Just pull the plug.
Keep swallowing what the bullshit media feed you. The same media that are laughed at in the clownworld thread.

Jailed for 9 month's in prison for exposing the grooming gangs that are a plague in the UK.
They aren't a plague. They were dealt with, albeit too slowly. The real pedophiles that are still at large in top organisations, the same people who threw Saville to the wolves, are using the race of these grooming gangs as a distraction. "white people can't be pedophiles so the top MP's, Police and Media can't therefore be pedophiles"

Reactions: GamingKaiju

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Keep swallowing what the bullshit media feed you. The same media that are laughed at in the clownworld thread.

They aren't a plague. They were dealt with, albeit too slowly. The real pedophiles that are still at large in top organisations, the same people who threw Saville to the wolves, are using the race of these grooming gangs as a distraction. "white people can't be pedophiles so the top MP's, Police and Media can't therefore be pedophiles"
Who the hell is saying white people can't be pedophiles?

Reactions: Whitesnake

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
My favourite thing about Yaxley-Lennon isn’t his many convictions that he’s never been responsible for, or the gormless expression he has every time he has to engage in a conversation, but it’s the fact he’s 5’6. Whenever I see someone affiliated with UKIP I take a look at how humourously tiny they are. Farage at 5’8, Benjamin at 5’7. A serious case of small manlet syndrome. Just a bunch of angry chihuahuas.

• Fire
Reactions: <+)O Robido O(+>

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
My favourite thing about Yaxley-Lennon isn’t his many convictions that he’s never been responsible for, or the gormless expression he has every time he has to engage in a conversation, but it’s the fact he’s 5’6. Whenever I see someone affiliated with UKIP I take a look at how humourously tiny they are. Farage at 5’8, Benjamin at 5’7. A serious case of small manlet syndrome. Just a bunch of angry chihuahuas.
😂 Out of all the problems in the UK, you're worried about a dude being short?

The U.K. deserves what it gets

Whitesnake

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018
This is a country that will arrest people for having a box cutter on them, arrest people for training a dog hold their paw up like a roman/nazi salute, arrest people for making a half-hearted attempt to avoid their facial-scanning surveillance, and arrest people for saying mean things on twitter. Their government puts up Orwellian posters trying to instill fear and show how proud their government is that they’re trampling all over the rights of their people.

I certainly wouldn’t put it past them to arrest someone for covering a topic that is incovenient to their agenda. Why would videotaping legal proceedings be illegal anyway? He’s not actually interfering. The judges claim it was because the video/stream would “encourage vigilante action”. That’s some bullshit.

And brits love it. They love that their country is like this.

There is no hope for them

Oh, you’re trippin’ trippin’.

You believe:
  • The rape gangs aren’t real and are a distraction by the government (despite the fact that the government is trying to cover them up).
  • That the purpose of said distraction is to somehow stop people from noticing rape committed by government officials.
  • The govenrment is trying to sow racial tensions (despite the fact that they go so far as trample on their citizens’ rights in order to stop them from causing racial tension).
  • That they are trying to convince people that white people are incapable of rape?

Last edited:

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
You keep track of a dudes height.😂

Like, believe it or not it isn't that big a deal. It just this weird flex to have.

"Hey guys, I'm taller than a stranger."
It’s a quick google and gives me a cheap laugh. I like how it’s a nice counterpoint to all the big man talk.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2007
Plenty of reasons to criticise him other than his height.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014

They did and it was way to slow and the way some of the girls/women were treated by the police and other government bodies was disgusting. I'm also very wary of bringing up race, religion when discussing that topic as I feel it distracts from the heinous crimes these men committed, and ofc the UK has a very long and dark history with child sex offences. Fuck the BBC for covering up Savilles dirty little sex ring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gashtronomy

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018

They aren't a plague. They were dealt with, albeit too slowly.
Nope you are wrong the UK government, police and social services knew about imported child rape gangs for over a DECADE but got orders to censore the news and the media (with the bbc on the front) attacked EVERY single voice speaking out about this as racists, they did this all because children are worth less than votes, they did it because it would hurt the vote of the literal brainless traitors responsible for the rapists even being here.. shit like this was known and allowed to continue for 10 years with thousands of victims precisely BECAUSE of the government, media and police. Hell most talking about this dont even know that some police even joined in on the child rapes.
It wasn't handled "slowly" it was deliberately looking away.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnyp

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Nope you are wrong the UK government, police and social services knew about imported child rape gangs for over a DECADE but got orders to censore the news and the media (with the bbc on the front) attacked EVERY single voice speaking out about this as racists, they did this all because children are worth less than votes, they did it because it would hurt the vote of the literal brainless traitors responsible for the rapists even being here.. shit like this was known and allowed to continue for 10 years with thousands of victims precisely BECAUSE of the government, media and police. Hell most talking about this dont even know that some police even joined in on the child rapes.
It wasn't handled "slowly" it was deliberately looking away.
Yeah. This is what I was saying. The media, police and government were all in on the child fucking. They tried covering it up and then threw the sacrificial lambs to the slaughter. Saville (he was dead so he couldn't give names away) and the child grooming gangs who were immigrants. The immigrant nature of the groomers made it easier to divert attention away from the true pedos; the police, media and government.

Being a racist is easier to get away with than being a pedo.

Reactions: Panda1

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Who the hell is saying white people can't be pedophiles?
I don't think I fully fleshed that part out.

I believe the true pedo ring (MP, police, media) used the race of the grooming gangs to associate being a pedophile with a race and 'type' of person. If all people link pedophile with immigrant or muslim, it's easier to get away with being a pedophile in the upper echelons or power.

Plus, being a racist is easier to explain away than being a pedo.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
The immigrant nature of the groomers made it easier to divert attention away from the true pedos; the police, media and government.

Being a racist is easier to get away with than being a pedo.
Imo you are wrong
The background and sheer numbers ensured it was allowed to go on and the news to be censored because the gov didnt want anyone to find out since it would hurt the voting numbers. You thinking its positive for politicians who promoted open borders that this news is out is just weird to me especially considering they actively suppressed it for years.
Agree to disagree

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2007
Risked a mistrial on a case to do with the subject he claims to care so much about all so that he could promote himself
Is a literal fraudster
Has a history of violence
Doing so badly when he stood for election that he lost his deposit. He didn't even run in the area he lives and was smugly telling local people "I'm going to be your MEP and there's nothing you can do about it"
Ignores cases of child abuse that aren't politically convenient to him, including those with groups he has had links with.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Imo you are wrong
The background and sheer numbers ensured it was allowed to go on and the news to be censored because the gov didnt want anyone to find out since it would hurt the voting numbers. You thinking its positive to politicians who promoted open borders that this news is out is just lol to me especially considering they actively suppressed it for years.
The UK goverment had a history of a here and there pedo politicans among them true yet when you combine them and all history together is not even worth 1 year of grooming gangs.
IMO I disagree.

I don't see how this or any other news would negatively affect the perception of immigration, more than it already has for hundreds of years. The UK has been anti-immigration for centuries. The Victorians, pre-WW Britain, Post-WW Britain and Tony Benn are examples. A few paedophiles coming through the gates isn't a drop in the ocean of negativity surrounding races coming in.

The Irish were hated, the Indians were hated, the Pakistanis were hated, the Kosovans , slavs and Bosnians were hated. Nothing stopped any government from opening the gates. In fact, Tony B Liar himself raised the cap of migration and neither Brown, Cameron or May did fuck all to reduce it or return it to the pre-90's figures, despite their grand-standing.

The grooming gangs were a distraction away from the people who are still fucking children. A distraction that has worked because all we talk about when mentioning paedophiles or grooming gangs is immigration.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Risked a mistrial on a case to do with the subject he claims to care so much about all so that he could promote himself
Is a literal fraudster
Has a history of violence
Doing so badly when he stood for election that he lost his deposit. He didn't even run in the area he lives and was smugly telling local people "I'm going to be your MEP and there's nothing you can do about it"
Ignores cases of child abuse that aren't politically convenient to him, including those with groups he has had links with.
First point is wrong there was no risk of a mistrial because the BBC already reported the names despite the judges no report order and after the BBC reported on it tommy did the same... funnily enough only tommy got locked up not the bbc reporters who literally did the same on a larger scale in the media. Weird

Second point is a claim.. cool i guess you are a fraudster too see i can make claims as well how fun.

History of self defense

Losing a election is neither here nor there and is not a crime? or evil? as you seem think.. only about tommy that is.

Its not his job? Its the polices and goverments job to go after child abuser and they did it worse for a long long time since they not only ignored but censored, this is the very reason why you have people speaking up in the first place. The idiots did it all to themselves basically by being cowards and rather sacrificing children than lose votes.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2007
First point is wrong there was no risk of a mistrial because the BBC already reported the names despite the judges no report order and after the BBC reported on it tommy did the same... funnily enough only tommy got locked up not the bbc reporters who literally did the same on a larger scale in the media. Weird
It's more to do with the legal proceedings of what could have happened rather than what should have. If you think it shouldn't then that's a totally valid conversation to have but he knew it could but still risked it anyway because he couldn't resist a bit of self promotion.

Second point is a claim.. cool i guess you are a fraudster too see i can make claims as well how fun.
It's not a baseless claim. He was convicted of fraud and went to jail for it. I can quite happily say that's not the case with me. You really thought I was just tossing that term around? It's pretty clear cut that he is a fraudster.

There's also him committing immigration fraud by trying to illegally enter the US with a passport that's not his own. What a dipshit.

History of self defense
Leading a group of football hooligans is self defence? Attacking a police officer who was trying to protect Robinson's girlfriend from him is self defence?

Losing a election is neither here nor there and is not a crime? or evil? as you seem think.. only about tommy that is.
Where did I say it was a crime or evil? I said it was a better reason to make fun of him than him being short. He was the most high profile candidate on the ballot, acted like an arrogant prick during the campaign and then got 2.2% of the vote. That's a good reason to make fun of him.

Its not his job? Its the polices and goverments job to go after child abuser and they did it worse for a long long time since they not only ignored but censored.
Never said it was his job and for sure the government fucked him horribly. But he's still a hypocrite.

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010

any one can be a pedo - but no white person has said that it was becasue they were christian. Stop making yourself look ridiculous - i live in London (non white) and fully agree with him.

As to filing in a court-most American trials are filmed!! and he actually asked police inside the rules. If a person filming in a courtroom is such a terrible crime then it re-enforces the point that England is a shithole.

Also since we are all so worried about the victims and actual rapists that have rapes 100thousands of girls can anyone one persons name IN ANY ONE of the rape gangs name - yet the whole country knows Tommys! fuckign clown world

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
I've seen posters worry about Neogaf becoming the mirror opposite of RE and with all the anti-British sentiment I see constantly, as well as the siding the 'Right wing' on just about anything without any major critical thinking, It makes me think that those posters are correct.
Just as an aside from the main focus of this thread, as a Brit, I don't feel there is a anti-British sentiment present on NeoGAF.
Like anywhere, Britain has its good and its bad. Bad tends to get more attention than good.
I'm all for valid criticism. I'm not going to mis-label it as "anti" something or "hate" - because that's dishonest and it's a sliding scale to a zero-sum equation where words become meaningless.

Reactions: Panda1

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
any one can be a pedo - but no white person has said that it was becasue they were christian. Stop making yourself look ridiculous - i live in London (non white) and fully agree with him.

As to filing in a court-most American trials are filmed!! and he actually asked police inside the rules. If a person filming in a courtroom is such a terrible crime then it re-enforces the point that England is a shithole.

Also since we are all so worried about the victims and actual rapists that have rapes 100thousands of girls can anyone one persons name IN ANY ONE of the rape gangs name - yet the whole country knows Tommys! fuckign clown world
Broadcasting the case is illegal then asking for vigilante justice is another. Both could have severely jeopardized the case .. unless that's what you want. If not then its not a far mental stretch to see why you cant do them.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
Luckily he did not do that. Is there some information you can point me too to prove that?
He recorded his crime and uploaded it

The video lasted an hour-and-a-half and was viewed online 250,000 times, after being live-streamed on Facebook.

In a written ruling, Dame Victoria Sharp said Robinson had claimed his intention in making the broadcast was to "denounce the media" for their behaviour.

But the judges found he had encouraged others "to harass a defendant by finding him, knocking on his door, following him, and watching him".

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
From what I've heard those abusers could have walked free because of what Robinson did.

Anyway let's not forget that members of the Rochdale gang are out and about in their home town. Some of their victims have even bumped into them:

It's a disgrace.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Just as an aside from the main focus of this thread, as a Brit, I don't feel there is a anti-British sentiment present on NeoGAF.
Like anywhere, Britain has its good and its bad. Bad tends to get more attention than good.
I'm all for valid criticism. I'm not going to mis-label it as "anti" something or "hate" - because that's dishonest and it's a sliding scale to a zero-sum equation where words become meaningless.
I'm british. Maybe my problem is London=Britain. Even I would agree London is a cesspit that needs pushing into the sea.