• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomodachi Life to be released in Dutch

kubus

Nintendo Nederland just announced that Tomodachi Life will be released in Dutch in October. The game was released normally last year in English, so it's quite odd that they're doing a re-release. Dutch people usually have no issue with playing games in English (Pokémon games are for example never localized) and I don't think anyone was expecting a Dutch release for this game.

In oktober introduceert Nintendo Benelux het Japanse fenomeen Tomodachi Life in het Nederlands, exclusief voor de Nintendo 3DS-systemen.

They also posted a video on YouTube

Seems they really want to push Tomodachi Life again, with the recent announcement of the Tomodachi Life Friendship Fiesta as well.

Maybe there'll be an update with the Dutch synthesiser?

The game is incredibly hard to find over here. So it's a bit weird.

Dutch, Portuguese and Russian are three "additional" European languages which mass appeal Nintendo games like Mario Kart 8 are translated on (in addition to English, German, French, Italian and Spanish). Could it mean that Tomodachi Life will be available on Portuguese and Russian too?

@MUWANdo

Banned
was Tomodachi Life an enormous success over there?

Yeah, Nintendo was surprised by how well it did in both NA and Europe but it was especially big in Europe--it did better than Animal Crossing over there and it helped them sell a lot of systems, particularly 2DS.

woopWOOP

I guess they finally figured out how to have those virtual voices pronounce the G's?

On a sidenote, was SSB4 ever translated in Dutch?
The back of my 3DS box has a screenshot of the Mii equipment screen in Dutch for some reason. T'is weird.

Thud

Weird they didn't translate the title.

Maybe they want to attract parents with young kids. I know layton was only available in Dutch here.

I guess they finally figured out how to have those virtual voices pronounce the G's?

On a sidenote, was SSB4 ever translated in Dutch?
The back of my 3DS box has a screenshot of the Mii equipment screen in Dutch for some reason. T'is weird.

It seems so.

Vitten

I don't think I could play a game in Dutch even though it's my mother tongue, would feel very weird to me. Too used to playing games in English ever since I was a kid.

Wouldn't let my kids play in Dutch either.. Big waste of a good opportunity to learn another language.

L~A

Weird they didn't translate the title.

Maybe they want to attract parents with young kids. I know layton was only available in Dutch here.

Huh? They didn't translate the title anywhere (French, German, etc...).

I don't think I could play a game in Dutch even though it's my mother tongue, would feel very weird to me. Too used to playing games in English ever since I was a kid.

Wouldn't let my kids play in Dutch either.. Big waste of a good opportunity to learn another language.

Same here. It just feels ridiculous playing in Dutch.

Pretty cool.

It's rare for games to be translated into Dutch over here. Some translations are really good also, like Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

Seriously, it's freakin' hilarious.

Wipeout on Vita is also translated, even the voice for the weapons. Always makes the wife laugh.

I hope this doesn't mean the orignal version will completely vanish from stores. Layton being only available here in Dutch was the worst thing that ever happened to the series, luckily PLvsAA wasn't locked to Dutch here.

Daedardus

Pretty cool.

It's rare for games to be translated into Dutch over here. Some translations are really good also, like Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

Seriously, it's freakin' hilarious.

Wipeout on Vita is also translated, even the voice for the weapons. Always makes the wife laugh.

Not really the case anymore with Nintendo games starting with the Wii U/3DS generation. The more family friendly games (Most Mario games, Smash Bros, Woolly World) are all in Dutch now.

Top Bottom