• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomorrows debate will be the last before the DNC Primary really starts. [Predictions-Poll]

Who will win the Iowa Debate on Tuesday?

• Total voters

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
The first votes in the primary are less than 20 days away and tomorrows debate is the last chance for anyone to find something, anything, to beat Biden down with. Biden, who continues to have a massive lead over everyone else despite all his mistakes and strange statements that would have sunk any other candidate, is in position to take the nomination. (also wtf at that last second Steyer qualification DNC?)

If Biden starts winning or tying in these early states it's over before it even started

I expect most of tomorrows debate to be about Biden, candidates will attack Biden, people will bring up Biden strange statements like the one about his leg hairs, people will attack his record, and some will dismantle his policies.

The only ones who will help Biden will of course, be the moderators. I expect softball questions, cutting off other candidates if they go too far, and giving Biden the most speaking time. Tomorrow will be a blood bath, as everyone will try their absolute best to destroy Biden before Iowa votes in early February.

Will they manage to stop Biden? Imo, no I think he has the nomination on lock, but some people have still held out hope despite the months of evidence showing otherwise, so I guess they need to be proven wrong again.

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
I don't remember watching any of the debates past the second one so I can't really say how they've played out recently. But, considering all the Dems have been whinning* about Sanders the past couple of days I think they will inadvertently put him at the center of it.

*The "Hey, man you can't say things that are true about us / our campaigns" song and dance makes these people look weak which benefits Sanders.

Reactions: Handel

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
There will be only one winner, the Democratic establishment. The loser will be the American people.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
If Pete keeps playing his schtick about calmness, civility and unity without shooting himself in the foot there's a good chance he'll be able to come out of it looking like the winner tomorrow night because this is the last chance they all have to make their case in front of a live, national audience.

It's likely going to be more heated than any of the other debates, not that it's saying much. Bernie's in a position to potentially take both Iowa and New Hampshire, a very unfavorable scenario for the establishment because they'll then be forced to smear him the same way they did Trump and Gabbard. Only so many times you can play that Russian puppet card before even the liberals smell the BS.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
If Pete keeps playing his schtick about calmness, civility and unity without shooting himself in the foot there's a good chance he'll be able to come out of it looking like the winner tomorrow night because this is the last chance they all have to make their case in front of a live, national audience.

It's likely going to be more heated than any of the other debates, not that it's saying much. Bernie's in a position to potentially take both Iowa and New Hampshire, a very unfavorable scenario for the establishment because they'll then be forced to smear him the same way they did Trump and Gabbard. Only so many times you can play that Russian puppet card before even the liberals smell the BS.
I like Joe posts because he has a unique if not weird perspective that no one else seems to see. ;)

I also find it interesting at how many Bernie supporters are on this board.

As for crazy Pete, I don't know if you have been noticing but the far left hate his guts, and he's done nothing to gain their support which is why he no longer has the lead he used to hold over a month ago. If anything he has to attack multiple times tomorrow if he wants any chance of grabbing the nomination, he also has to come up with policies that attract people to him instead of copying everyone else's plans.

Remember, he is the one who's counting on a contested election to win, and has been courting super delegates for weeks. So far he hasn't been doing a good job at that though.

Apr 12, 2013
Voted Sanders of course. Warren will either try to sink Sanders if she confirms the story being run https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-meeting/index.html Or she will deny it and Sanders will auto win.

If Warren confirms the story, then Sanders loses only if he then loses his temper or has a bad response to the claims.

Everyone else there aside from them are nothing but losers. This is all just my opinion though of course. It could be that Biden and Klobuchar shout racial slurs and dry hump and still win according to CNN.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Only so many times you can play that Russian puppet card before even the liberals smell the BS.
The true believers would rather drink the kool-aide than admit that their leader was wrong. Jonestown 2020.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I like Joe posts because he has a unique if not weird perspective that no one else seems to see. ;)

I also find it interesting at how many Bernie supporters are on this board.

As for crazy Pete, I don't know if you have been noticing but the far left hate his guts, and he's done nothing to gain their support which is why he no longer has the lead he used to hold over a month ago. If anything he has to attack multiple times tomorrow if he wants any chance of grabbing the nomination, he also has to come up with policies that attract people to him instead of copying everyone else's plans.

Remember, he is the one who's counting on a contested election to win, and has been courting super delegates for weeks. So far he hasn't been doing a good job at that though.
I haven't taken a look at what's behind Pete's recent drop in Iowa. It's important to remember that most of the lefties talking about wanting a progressive agenda in 2016 wound up voting for Hillary. I'm not sure things will be much different this time around, the only question is which establishment-backed candidate will take the nomination.

Pete's 30 second ads are clever and I've seen a lot of them, in the north east anyway. He takes shots at the older candidates in the race without naming them, makes himself look like a jobs creator, says he listens to the community (showing mostly black people on screen) while they're praising him. They make a distinction between his policy ideas and his opponents too, mostly regarding education and health care, both high on the list of priorities for Democrats.

I loathe what the Democrats have become and think they need to be told that their behavior these last few years is completely unacceptable, so I don't want them retaking the White House or either branch of Congress. That said, I think a lot of people are sleeping on the massive influence that comes with money and what it buys. Trump may be out-fundraising the individual candidates, but he'll be at a disadvantage again in the general when everything's taken into account. He won't be facing one of the most unlikable presidential candidates this time around, though Biden could make for a good stand in.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Says he listens to the community (showing mostly black people on screen) while they're praising him.
That may finish him off since one of his biggest scandals involves his old black police chief and the fact police homicide went up with his replacement.

I can only sees Sanders becoming a real issue if Warren falls further into the polls or drops out.

As for the democratic party itself, maybe they need to lose twice to finally get the reality check 2016 failed to grant them.

Reactions: Joe T.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Klobuchar is the only one in the group I'd consider voting for and I'd vote for Bloomberg over her.
The only white house I'd put Biden in is a nursing home.
Sanders will do more damage to the US economy by winning the primary than most Presidents have managed in a full term.
Warren should have to live on a reservation for 20 years before being given the right to speak again. I used to have a modicum of respect for her too, now I'm disgusted.
Pete winning the primary would be the surest way of guaranteeing Trump gets re-elected.
Never even heard of Steyer before now but his wiki page has me shaking my head after practically every paragraph.

Is this really the best the democrats can do? No wonder Bloomberg felt the need to step in at the last moment. He probably feels like the manager at the D.C. Chuck E. Cheese franchise.

Last edited:

Handel

Jun 9, 2017
If they think Bernie will break under the bullshit they're trying to throw his way, they got another thing coming. Warren and Biden are going to feel the Bern tonight.