• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tons Of Mass Effect 3 GamesCom Details

Update 5:

They're trying to fix the eyes:

me3eyeshkhl.png

Update 4:

lololololololololol

BioWare said:
loleffectfcz0.png

Behind the Scenes: Liara T'Soni Bishoujo Statue

298634_281438255205911ee80.jpg

308539_2814383185392386egx.jpg

313592_2814383718725663dnx.jpg

Update 3:

Here are the currently known powers as of now.

Biotic Sage said:
I will continually update this thread with new powers and their evolutions as we find out about them. Feel free to discuss build ideas, opinions, etc. If you have any new information about powers that aren't posted, please inform me, direct me to your source, and I will add it.

This post gives an overview of the three linear options for Ranks 1-3 and the this-or-that choices for Ranks 4-6.

My second post gives specifics and numerical details for all powers and ranks. There are also screenshots for reference.

Also, I think it is worthy to note that the game is still in development. Preston Watamaniuk has stated that there are overhauls in progress (see below on this page), so take this into consideration when reading the thread.

For details about squad points and leveling, go Here.

Credit to littlezack for details about warp/throw and to Neofelis Nebulosa for details about the combat drone/overload.
Credit to adonfraz for details about amplification, and Skorpious for asking great questions on Twitter since I don't have one.
Credit to Vertigo_1 for the screenshot of the Engineer's power screen.
Credit to Phaedon for his continually informative Known Features Thread.

Combat Mastery (Soldier only, Passive) Soldier Gameplay
Influence and Dilation
Influence and Damage
Damage -or- Influence and Duration
Henchmen Damage -or- Headshots
Recharge Speed -or- Weapon Master

Adrenaline Rush (Soldier only)
Recharge Speed
Duration
Hardening -or- Dilation/Damage
Duration -or- Melee Damage
Health/Shields -or- Power Use

Concussive Shot (Soldier only)
Recharge Speed
Force/Damage
Force/Damage -or- Impact Radius
Shatter -or- Recharge Speed
Amplify from Ammo -or- Force/Antiorganics

Frag Grenade (Soldier only)
Max Grenades
Damage
Damage -or- Impact Radius
Max Grenades -or- Bleed Damage
Armor Piercing -or- Shield Overload

Incendiary Ammo (Soldier, Vanguard)
@ Rank 3: Health Dmg Bonus=32% Armor Dmg Bonus=32%

Disruptor Ammo (Soldier, Infiltrator)
@ Rank 2: Shield Dmg Bonus=39% Synthetic Dmg Bonus=19.5%

Cryo Ammo (Soldier, Infiltrator, Vanguard)
* Same as ME2 description except: also targets w/ resistances have their movement speed slowed, but are not frozen
@ Rank 1: Freeze Duration=3 sec

Combat Drone (Engineer only)
???
???
Shields/Damage -or- Exploding Drone
Shock Attack -or- Double Damage vs. Shields
Flamethrower -or- Rocket Launcher

Overload (Engineer, Sentinel)
Damage
Recharge Speed
Chain Overload -or- Heavy Overload
??? -or- ???
??? -or- ???

Singularity (Adept only) Adept Gameplay
Duration
Radius
Radius -or- Duration
Recharge Speed -or- Damage
Radius -or- Implosion

Warp (Adept, Sentinel)
Recharge Speed
Damage
Warp Detonation -or- Damage
Periodic Damage -or- Damage Taken
Recharge Speed -or- Resistance Damage

Throw (Adept, Sentinel)
Recharge Speed
Force
Force -or- Radius
Combo -or- High Impact
Multi-Throw -or- Recharge Speed

Tech Armor (Sentinel only) Sentinel Gameplay
Shield Recharge
Shield Boost
Shield Boost -or- Increase Blast
Power Damage -or- Melee Damage
Invulnerability -or- Manual Blast

Amplification (Sentinel only)
Recharge
Damage, Force, Duration
Amplifying Recharge -or- Damage, Force, Duration
Armor Amplification -or- Recharge
Amplifying Recharge II -or- Recharge II

Fitness (All classes, Passive)
Manveer Heir: "Second passive for all classes (and now known as Fitness). Each classes implementation is different"

Stasis (Liara / Bonus Power?)
A powerful mass effect field immobilizes a target for a short time, but makes it immune to damage.

Lift Grenade (Liara / Bonus Power?)
Detonates a biotic grenade that briefly lifts all nearby targets, leaving them vulnerable to attack.

Armor-Piercing Ammo (Garrus / Bonus Power?)
@ Rank 4: Health Dmg Bonus=16% Armor Dmg Bonus=48%

Proximity Mine (Garrus / Bonus Power?)
Deploys mines that detonate when enemies are near.

Biotic Training (Liara's class Mastery)
@ Rank 1: Health Bonus=10% Barrier Bonus=10% Power Cooldown Bonus=20%

Turian Rebel (Garrus' class Mastery)
@ Rank 1: Health Bonus=10% Barrier Bonus=10% Weapon Dmg Bonus=20%
Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8213000&lf=8

Update 2:

Blue Ninja said:
So, BioWare apparently hired Patryk Olejniczak, who made some great ME2 fan art that's been seen all over the interwebs. He made a new piece of art of the Femshep we'll be seeing on the CE in March.

0spuw.jpg

Update:

Screenshots:

screentemplate3ruyn.jpg

screentemplate5pujw.jpg

screentemplate4sud7.jpg

screentemplatesukw.jpg

screentemplate2ouxg.jpg

screentemplate6aur3.jpg

Original:

Bunch of info from GamesCom.

The CE Robot dog is possible to interact with aboard the Normandy, like having it follow you around, play fetch and it apparently has a story to it. No details on whether it's combat able or not though.

Character creator will get a lot more hair styles and facial features in ME3. So expect the hairstyles from the femShep competition to make it into the CC.

They are considering an Uber achievement for all three games. What that is exactly is they don't know, but they want to reward their long term fans.

All squad mates will get their story and closure for ME3 even if they might not be a permanent squad member.

We'll see more of the Yahg (The former Shadow Broker)

Not loyalty of people, but loyalty of races. Less focus on building loyalty with squad members and more on the various races. So expect previous loyalty and decisions to play a part in this.

XP system goes back to ME1. No details but they won't do the mission summary XP from ME2.

The fate of the squad mates will not always be up to the player and decisions that feels right can prove to be harmful.

The banter will be increased significantly since the squad member group is smaller this time.

The ending of ME3 will give closure to the trilogy so don't expect answers on post ME3 DLC until the game is out.

There will not be an SDK after Mass Effect 3.

Joker EDI romance is being "looked at".

Aside from the Krogan princess, we will apparently not see female counterparts of turians,
salarians and so on in ME3 either.

Mods for ME2 has to be remade for ME3.

Thane is still alive in ME3. (if he survived Collector Base)

Kelly Chambers will return.

Romance between Joker and Shepard is a case of "you have to play it to see it"

If Hammerhead or Mako returns it's closer to critical path missions. Don't expect
exploration using these vehicles.

The Normandy will be upgraded by the Systems Alliance, so resource gathering for the ship is not likely this time.

The geth quarian conflict will be concluded.

Existing music from ME1 and ME2 will make its way into ME3.

Side quests will pretty much always be in line with the critical path story.

Classes will get new powers with up to six different ways to customize each power

Squad mates appearances and armor will be possible to customize again.

Seems Cerberus will be a full blown antagonist and not possible to align with in ME3.

They have DECIDED about whether you'll get to see Tali's face or not.

There may be time sensitive story elements though it will be more focused ones like the Normandy crew.

ME3 will make you cry!

There will be a larger variety of environments compared to ME2.

Heavy melee will pretty much always kill a target, but defensive factors like armor, barriers and shields will affect the outcome. Also don't try to melee an Atlas mech.

There will be mini games though no announcements.

We may see Quarians without masks. Whether that would include Tali or not was left unsaid.

The choices you make in the trial at the beginning of ME3 will set the tone for the future in the game

James Vega's voice actor will be announced really soon and is apparently a closely guarded secret, since he's really awesome.

Indoctrination seem to play a role in ME3, possibly including party members.

Kal'Reegar will return in ME3.

They are discussing possibilities of missions that ties back to your background choice for Shepard.

You have a lot more romance options in ME3. Possibly not limited to party members.

You will be able to change class if you import your ME2 Shepard to ME3. Though you will have to start from Lvl 1 while kept class will get Import+ perks.

Legion will return with a larger role in ME3.

There may be a 'special' import for saves where Shepard died. The interest is clearly too big for them to simply ignore such a treat.

Miranda will be back and has unfinished business with Shepard.

Shepard's SPECTRE status will play part in ME3 and change things if you had the status reinstated in ME2.

Conrad Verner's back.

Normandy will be the SR-2 with an Alliance paint and some redesigned interiors. Joker will apparently be happy with it.

How many team mates you speak to at the same time aboard the Normandy depends on the context of the missions.

You'll have debriefings after each mission that are deeper than ME2, but you are still likely to only talk to the squad mates one on one outside of that.

Continue hating the game and telling how it will be the biggest piece of shit ever released!

Darklord

Banned
HarryHengst said:
Bunch of info from GamesCom.

Continue hating the game and telling how it will be the biggest piece of shit ever released!

I'm pretty much pleased with all of this. But if there is time sensitive missions they better TELL you this time. I lost people in ME2, which I hate doing in games like this, so I had to reload and play it all over again.

Lakitu

st5fu
I've just not been pleased with the footage I have seen.

These details however, sound promising.

I won't be getting the CE though, the price is fucking ridiculous in England.

If EDI turns into hologram Tricia Helfer and Joker has sex with it I will laugh

if Joker has sex with the normandy I would laugh even harder. Bioware's been pretty cheesy this gen so I wouldn't put it past them.

Hopefully we don't have to cure his robo-gonorrhea and delay Shephard from his main quest to help a friend...again

Moonstone

You will be able to change class if you import your ME2 Shepard to ME3. Though you will have to start from Lvl 1 while kept class will get Import+ perks.

Wait ... you will once again die before the start of the game or lose your memory and start from level 1?
If you design a rpg trilogy, why can't you do a leveling system that takes this into account, bioware?

Sai

I hope the additional hair styles and facial features are for male characters as well. My Shepard could use an update.

And I'm still debating whether or not to get the PC version. I've been playing the past two games on the 360 up to this point, and I've gotten all the DLC and whatnot...

dc89 said:
If Tali looks like this it's fine.
Looks too Human.

ace3skoot

awesome, i just started my second playthrough the other day as a female, adept paragon. (PS3) I some time wish i could use my old xbox data and see how much it affected my ME2 game though the interactive comic at the start of the ps3 version is a good retred of the story.
Can't wait for ME3 I still thing it was a good call to push back to next year, as this autum/winter period is so packed full of games, plus they have the time to polish the crap out of it.
I was kind of hoping for more playable character thoough not less, and crew member loyality mission are what made ME2 amazing, i hope the new race loyalty can somehow keep the intermite relationship and emotions that made me buy into the characters of ME2

still i'm stoked :)

inky

Joker EDI romance is being "looked at".

ME3 will make you cry!

I bet these 2 are related, right Bioware?

James Vega's voice actor will be announced really soon and is apparently a closely guarded secret, since he's really awesome.

Sam Worthington to be James Vega confirmed!

/snark

Legion will return with a larger role in ME3.

This I'm interested in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They have DECIDED about whether you'll get to see Tali's face or not.
The most important thing.

COME ON BIOWARE, MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE!!!

One step in the right direction, two steps in the wrong...

The company compared its series to Star Wars, noting that the "first" movie that was released in that series was actually the fourth episode, and that the later-released prequels added background story that wasn't essential to appreciate A New Hope. Mass Effect 3, they argue, is the same -- the "invasion of Earth" story stands alone, but having played Mass Effect 1​ and 2 will provide players with more in the way of context.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/222247/gamescom-mass-effect-3-provides-a-standalone-story/

Replicant

Btw Bioware, please let me save manually before the last boss. Sometimes i want to show my friends the last boss confrontation but I'm not in the mood to play all 5 sections before boss encounters just to show it to them.

dc89

zoner said:
No. If she looks humanly cute in anyway, it shows how much Bioware caters to their insane shipping fans.

Have you seen any fan-art which is more suited to Tali?

I'm actually pretty happy with the details we got so far, hell I was perfectly happy with both 1 and 2 since they tie for my 2nd favorite game this generation(I'd choose 2 over 1 if pushed)

And HELL FUCKING YES at Miranda being back, only premium british accented booty for my Shepard.

IoCaster

Gold Member
Not loyalty of people, but loyalty of races. Less focus on building loyalty with squad members and more on the various races. - So basically DA:O in space.

XP system goes back to ME1. No details but they won't do the mission summary XP from ME2. - I approve.

The banter will be increased significantly since the squad member group is smaller this time. - This could be good and thankfully it's not the DA team so there's little chance of getting "stick thumb up ass" jokes.

The ending of ME3 will give closure to the trilogy so don't expect answers on post ME3 DLC until the game is out. - I guess this translates to not having to pay extra for a proper ending. Thanks!

There will not be an SDK after Mass Effect 3. - I don't recall that they've ever released one for the previous games in the franchise, so....

Joker EDI romance is being "looked at". - Oh Panderware™, you so creepy. :(

Aside from the Krogan princess, we will apparently not see female counterparts of turians, salarians and so on in ME3 either. - A lack of creativity, ambition or what?

Thane is still alive in ME3. (if he survived Collector Base) - Sorry, but why? He didn't play any significant role in ME2 other than as a creepy romance option for lonely FemSheps.

Kelly Chambers will return. - Only in about half the imports I suspect.

Romance between Joker and Shepard is a case of "you have to play it to see it". - Oh Panderware™, you so sleazy. :/

If Hammerhead or Mako returns it's closer to critical path missions. Don't expect exploration using these vehicles. - Better the Mako since I hate it when my vehicle catches fire and explodes if I so much as sneeze.

The Dalish vs Werewolves Geth vs Quarian conflict will be concluded. - Just so.

Side quests will pretty much always be in line with the critical path story. - Makes sense at least since it would be stupid otherwise with the whole 'Reapers laying waste to the galaxy' thing going on.

Classes will get new powers with up to six different ways to customize each power. - This is legitimately good news for most fans that like the RPG aspect of the series.

Squad mates appearances and armor will be possible to customize again. - Same as above.

Seems Cerberus will be a full blown antagonist and not possible to align with in ME3. - Ugh! The worst part of the whole franchise to me. *biting my tongue*

ME3 will make you cry! - Just thinking about what Mac Walters and his team of hacks have done to the story brings a tear to the eye, so I suppose that's true.

There will be mini games though no announcements. - Yay! More hacking, bypassing and scanning. Big whoop. :|

The choices you make in the trial at the beginning of ME3 will set the tone for the future in the game. - This should be interesting, I hope.

James Vega's voice actor will be announced really soon and is apparently a closely guarded secret, since he's really awesome. - I guess this means that I'm stuck with the big dumb bastard for the entirety of the game. *sigh*

Indoctrination seem to play a role in ME3, possibly including party members. - Yes, I'm sure it will play a role since it's the writers crutch to help navigate some of the truly egregious plot holes, retcons and other incongruities that crop up in the story. Meh.

They are discussing possibilities of missions that ties back to your background choice for Shepard. - They did this in ME and I'd be happy to see it return to help flesh out the character a bit more.

You have a lot more romance options in ME3. Possibly not limited to party members. - Oh Panderware™, you can't help yourselves can you?

You will be able to change class if you import your ME2 Shepard to ME3. Though you will have to start from Lvl 1 while kept class will get Import+ perks. - Sounds like a decent compromise.

Legion will return with a larger role in ME3. - I can't wait to see how they handle this in the case where a player chose to sell 'it' to Cerberus.

There may be a 'special' import for saves where Shepard died. The interest is clearly too big for them to simply ignore such a treat. - This sounds dumb. *shrug*

Miranda will be back and has unfinished business with Shepard. - Not in my game she doesn't. The 'cheerleader' got crushed by debris at the Collector base in my save. I'll youtube any Miranda bits since I didn't like the obnoxious twit and have no interest in having her on my squad.

Shepard's SPECTRE status will play part in ME3 and change things if you had the status reinstated in ME2. - I was ambivalent about it, but went ahead and got reinstated cause of the whole "better to have and not need" aspect. It was useful for the 'quick' interrogation part of the Thane loyalty mission. I hope it plays a much larger role in ME3.

You'll have debriefings after each mission that are deeper than ME2... - Glad to see a return to the ME format with hopefully the full squad in attendance.

Taken all together there's some very encouraging news here. Thanks for the info.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Didn't Conrad Verner die in ME2? Maybe that was depending on what you did to him, I seem to recall him killing himself infront of a bus.

Oh and Nolan North for Vega, it's obvious.

MNC

Wait, so... From ME1 -> ME2, you DIDN'T start at level 1? Because I was level 35 or so in ME1, choose the same class as I had before, and I started at level 1.

MNC said:
Wait, so... From ME1 -> ME2, you DIDN'T start at level 1? Because I was level 35 or so in ME1, choose the same class as I had before, and I started at level 1.
If you import a level 60 char from ME1 you start at level 5.

Fjordson

Well it certainly sounds good. Happy about Thane returning.

One thing with Bioware games that I simply don't give a fuck about these days is the romance stuff. Though I'm probably in the minority with all of the attention they give to it. Totally apathetic towards all three bullet points about the romance stuff.

NZNova

WrathOfOtaibah said:
I'm actually pretty happy with the details we got so far, hell I was perfectly happy with both 1 and 2 since they tie for my 2nd favorite game this generation(I'd choose 2 over 1 if pushed)

And HELL FUCKING YES at Miranda being back, only premium british accented booty for my Shepard.

British?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Miranda... fucking "ugh".

Top Bottom