• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
The footage does look promising. It will be fun to mess around with it and soak in some nostalgia. They better include the pro skate video parts.

That brings back memories. There was also a game called Grind Session that I vaguely recall. One of them had the Burnside skatepark in it.

Yes, Grind Session! It was basically a Tony Hawk clone. But I bought it mostly because Ed Templeton was in it. And because I was a skate nerd.

They are both some of my favorite games. I loved THPS 1 through 4. Skate was something else entirely for me though. If i had to choose between the two, I would have to go with the Skate games.
Wow, very similar experience to me. I really liked THPS 1-4 back when they came out. However, having played them recently I don't think they hold up very well at all. And I was always a bigger fan of the Thrasher game. I actually still play it from time to time. The skate games are a dream come true for me. Still shocked they were even made.

I am glad they are making a Tony Hawk HD remake. I know many were asking for it. Hopefully they'll do 3 & 4 also.

The trailer looks promising, but I know my little brother is interested in purchasing Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. It sucks the soundtrack from the original game is not going to be in it.

Agree with everyone who said no soundtrack = no buy.

But if the soundtrack stays I will be buying this day 1. THPS2 defined my middle school years.

Nice! Hopefully it comes out on pc too.
I don't really care if the original soundtrack is there since they were pretty shitty. My only worry is that the new soundtrack will be even worse.

Ydahs

Only "select" levels? No buy.

Just give me a straight HD up rez of THPS 2 & 3 and I'm happy. (4 would be acceptable as well)

Those games will look like garbage up ressed. Now if THPS3 gets an HD remake, I'll snap it up day one.

Man, these games were remarkable... a shame the franchise is dead :(

with it not being an actual port... Am not optimistic about the old music.

Seems more like the 'greatest hits' collection with 'new music!' as a feature.

I'm only 24 but this is the definition of an era for me. Activision got one shot at this. If they screw up I will shed mangeek-tears. Super fav is still THPS3 but pretty much the 'original trilogy' was the definition of fun.

If no original OST I am OUT. This comic I found earlier pretty much sums it right up.

v8F1R.jpg

It won't have the original soundtrack. Let's be realistic. It's a budget game and real music costs money.

Least it'll have custom soundtracks. I'll make a THPS CD and rip it to my 360.

It won't have the original soundtrack. Let's be realistic. It's a budget game and real music costs money.

Least it'll have custom soundtracks. I'll make a THPS CD and rip it to my 360.

Probably true. I just hope they have a good mix of tracks from both games. If they go all new that's something I will most definitely turn off and play a custom THPS tracklist, even if the tracks are good.

Bgamer90

Banned
The people saying "It better have the original soundtrack" more than likely don't know how expensive & hard music licensing can be. They can't just take music from a 10+ year old THPS game and port it over.

I highly doubt that the game will have the full original soundtrack.

But anyways, I'm looking forward to this.

Can't wait. I miss Hawks so, so much. I devoured those games all the way up until Proving Ground. They got so much shit for being the same, but that's all I ever wanted.

NinjaBoiX

I just want a new Skate game :(
I love me some skate, but in all honesty, what could they add? The trickbook is already bulging at the sides, the pad couldn't take any more inputs. Flatland tricks are all that is missing at this point, and I literally can't see how they'd squeeze them in there. New DLC is probably all you can hope for, and even that's a long shot.

On topic, finally, a Hawk's release to get excited about! Day 1.

I finally saw the trailer and all I was honestly expecting was a HD Remix of 2X but what they're going for seems fine. They seem to be aiming at the right audience with this one though. I'm on it Day 1. But with most of the assumed changes that'll come it won't make having the originals obsolete.

Zeppelin

Don't care for THPS1 but might consider buying THPS2. But they better serve it with the original soundtrack otherwise I'll pass. God, I've wasted so many hours in that game...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love me some skate, but in all honesty, what could they add? The trickbook is already bulging at the sides, the pad couldn't take any more inputs. Flatland tricks are all that is missing at this point, and I literally can't see how they'd squeeze them in there. New DLC is probably all you can hope for, and even that's a long shot.

On topic, finally, a Hawk's release to get excited about! Day 1.

New, bigger city. More team skate options. That's all. I don't need more moves.

I'm not trying to talk trash about Tony Hawk either. I love both just as I love Amped and SSX. Now get on that new Aggressive Inline and Matt Hoffman

I love the THPS series as much as anyone, but I wonder what control scheme the games will have.

Surely they won't handicap it by sticking to THPS2 controls, would they?

The game needs to at least have reverts and flatland combos or it'll feel ancient.

The original soundtrack would be great, but it's certainly not a deal breaker, even if there is no custom option. What made the soundtrack so memorable and gives you great feelings of nostalgia is that the game you were playing during those songs was so fun.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If this had been announced months ago I would have been interested, but I picked up Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2X for half this and it more than fills my skating Superman needs.

Perhaps if they add new and original maps as DLC or Create-a-park in full, then I would care more now.

Sean

Banned
It's unrealistic to expect them to have 30+ licensed songs in a $15 digital download game. It'll probably be a completely new/original soundtrack, like the iOS version was.

There's always custom soundtracks.

Top Bottom