• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 - First details/screens, PS4/XB1/PS3/360 (Robomodo)

CEQXQnfWgAId5-2.jpg:large

thps5_school_riley_kickflipmctwist.jpg

why does the character model look flat lol. so bad.

NotLiquid

Putting to rest months of cryptic tweets from Tony Hawk, Activision and developer Robomodo have officially announced Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 – a return to the classic gameplay of the series' heyday.

keR0aqk.gif

slowpantz

Neo Member
I'll wait until I see it in motion...or better yet play it.

But the initial press release, developer, and screen shots have successfully made me very skeptical of this title.

OnPoint

Oh man I have high hopes for th--

The game weds the series' finely tuned gameplay with new additions such as power-ups and the ability to shoot projectiles for specific missions.

... nope.

I'm out.

Iirc THUG had projectile shooting multiplayer mode. Bigger the combo the more damage the projectile would do. It was an awesome mode, played lots of it with friends.

Yeah, kickflips shot forward and heelflips shot backwards. It's was a decent side mode but you don't use that as example when saying "we're trying to bring the franchise back to it's roots".

These screenshots look horrible. What's going on?

why does the character model look flat lol. so bad.

These screenshots look horrible. What's going on?

Wow. It's so fantastically ugly.

I would guess that the game started off as an iOS/Android game. Tony Hawk was making mobile games according to him but we never saw the fruits from it. Activision probably told him there's more money to make on consoles.

If it's anything like THPS HD, they're probably avoiding a port because that one was truly an awful port.

Hip Hop

ew no, not open world. levels for the win. i share the Robomodo worries though. at the very least they would have heard the loud, unanimous complaints against THPS HD, so hopefully they've learned and adapted.

I did beat THPS HD, but that was more so for the love of the series. So yeah, I hope Robomodo turns it around, but I'm not holding my breath.

Shauni

Looks pretty meh.
And lol at no WiiU (I know I know), when they're releasing it on PS3/360. I thought crossgen was over dammit.

Guitar Hero Live is crossgen, BLOPS III is possibly crossgen. Yeah, Activision doing this crossgen is probably the least surprising thing.

Syntsui

From the same developers responsible for the worst entries of the franchise lol. Fuck this game, it's doomed already.

AdanVC

Wow. It's so fantastically ugly.

Wow okay this looks truly bad... One will thought that a new TH game will feature top notch graphics but they still can't even get Tony Hawk's likeness right. Plus reading about the new features and such... Oh well I'm not that sad this is not coming to Wii U anymore. Hoping for good gameplay and missions and of course an awesome soundtrack! I discovered AC/DC music thanks to THPS4 <3 and is now one of my fave rock bands.

Developed by Robomodo and shooting projectiles takes this from a very intrigued to barely interested for me.

Already sounds like it's going to be filled with bullshit.

Sean

Banned
Seeing that leaked THPS5 logo had me full of hope. I should've known better. Reading this OP quickly killed any interest in just three paragraphs.

Robomodo? Nope.
Cross-gen? Nope.
Shooting projectiles? Lol, fuck this game.

Chris R

Wow, all interest lost on reading that blurb.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but come on EA, gimme dat current gen only skate. remake

delSai

Damn, cross-gen.. and the screens dont look to hot either. Need to play it to fully judge, first impression from this isn't too good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Robomodo making it = hype destroyed.

No thanks, Tony. Come back when you get the Neversoft people back together.

Top Bottom