• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 - First details/screens, PS4/XB1/PS3/360 (Robomodo)

New news, new thread.

Putting to rest months of cryptic tweets from Tony Hawk, Activision and developer Robomodo have officially announced Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 – a return to the classic gameplay of the series' heyday.

The game is slated to come out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later in the year, with PS3 and Xbox 360 versions following shortly thereafter.

As the name indicates, Pro Skater 5 is a call back to the old-school lineage of the first four titles – back when the franchise was in its prime. The game weds the series' finely tuned gameplay with new additions such as power-ups and the ability to shoot projectiles for specific missions.

thps55.5reveal610.jpg

thps55.5revealextrae.jpg

Link

strafer

The game weds the series' finely tuned gameplay with new additions such as power-ups and the ability to shoot projectiles for specific missions.

fucking shit...I just wanna skate dammit.

God damn, why projectiles and all that other power-up shit? That's definitely not something to be highlighted when announcing a new mainline THPS game.

Only Activision can put in 2 things that put me off instantly.

Cross Gen
And shooting projectiles out of your freaking Skateboard

Orayn

From the developer of such illustrious and well-loved games as Tony Hawk Ride, Tony Hawk Shred, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD.

Lower those expectations, friends.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Shoot projectiles?! lol

Also, screens are super low res - but the graphics look pretty dang rough.

Tamanon

Banned
Sounds great. Looks like old style, and really want to know about the online co-op. But I love me some old school Tony Hawk.

fucking shit...I just wanna skate dammit.

Yeah, the way that's worded just sounds like garbage lol. In the context of the game it might work fine, but when you're announcing a new Tony Hawk game I don't think you should be describing it as skating and shooting projectiles lmao.

As the name indicates, Pro Skater 5 is a call back to the old-school lineage of the first four titles – back when the franchise was in its prime.

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

The game weds the series' finely tuned gameplay with new additions such as power-ups and the ability to shoot projectiles for specific missions.

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

The game is slated to come out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later in the year, with PS3 and Xbox 360 versions following shortly thereafter.

I smell cancelation. Just like what happened to last gen versions of Mad Max and Dying Light.

Shauni

No Wii U or PC, huh? Bit odd, especially since the Guitar Hero reboot was on everything, but cross gen isn't surprising otherwise. Could be fun, but not sure about all that power up stuff.

Mechazawa

Before people decide to pile on Robomodo before hearing impressions, I'd like to remind you all what a shitshow working for Activision on a shoestring budget is supposed to be.

– back when the franchise was in its prime. The game weds the series' finely tuned gameplay with new additions such as power-ups and the ability to shoot projectiles for specific missions.

Literally the next sentence fucks it up.

Eolz

Looks pretty meh.
And lol at no WiiU (I know I know), when they're releasing it on PS3/360. I thought crossgen was over dammit.

Top Bottom